FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Opera or firefox?





Chinmoy
Which do you think is the better browser, opera or firefox?
sourojit
it quiet simple Fire Fox is the answer.Opera is nowhere near it.
Chinmoy
actually, opera is quite good, and has a faster javascript rendering engine.
Nolt
For me Firefox was and is the best web browser available... I doesnt like Opera, Safari and most of all IE (kill the last one Twisted Evil ). If there was no FF i don't know which one of those I would use.
no0b
of course firefox..
sourojit
I dont know much about java scripting.But in general firefox much much faster.
Slow but steady may win the race but not in this case.
shkhanal
I have not used Opera yet. I'm using Firefox and I love it. I never made mind to switch to any other browser after I got firefox. Does opera too have the lot of addons as firefox?    !
Chinmoy
opera has no addons but is faster tha firefox..is faster and has no memory leaks like firefox. Give it a try the rest of you..
sourojit
mozilla has many features that makes your life easy.Addons are the heart of mozilla.
Except the turbo mode opera has got nothing.
"TELL YES TO OPEN SOURCE"
Chinmoy
but speed, better js rendering, and lightweight, what is firefox's reply to that? Opera crashes much less than firefox! Opear has support for live editing of web-pages. I have used firefox and am writing this post from firefox as well, but at some point of time, opera seems to be a better alternative..
sourojit
Tell me onething "which browser is widely used by general users?"
People who are not programmers or so advanced users use what is best in performance rather what stands best in stats.
so once again " SAY YES TO OPEN SOURCE".
Chinmoy
actually people good at programming and tweaking are generally firefox users. Others who hate many options and customizations are opera users. Opera is for the general public. With so may addons, firefox has a higher level of customization and risk.
sourojit
may be what you say goes better with stats you collected,or the true thing.But i dont think you will deny the fact that opera is less common then firefox,every one uses it.
Chinmoy
ya, thats true. Its all stats but stats are from users. And firefox has a wider usage because it has so many addons.
sourojit
Oh now you can explain that its due to the plugins,not the speed that mozilla delivers.
Ok give a poll which is faster mozilla or opera....lets see what users think.
its not important how much better a thing is ,than how much people are liking it.
Chinmoy
well in that case windows or linux? Do not say windows because "more people are using it!"
sourojit
there was no point in diverting from the topic....U can see if you do a poll.
Chinmoy
well, if i could have done a poll, would have. Opera is better in terms of looks also.
snowboardalliance
I like Opera but I started with Firefox and I've customized it a lot so that I really can't do without my extensions. I use other browsers mostly for testing web designs.
harismushtaq
Firefox has a history. There are many inventions. XPCOM, GLUE and many technologies used by Opera, Safari and other browsers are inventions in the Mozilla project. It is open source. But, I think, as I have worked on the firefox code, that it could be written cleaner. There are some performance issues. It's support to standards as of version 3 was very good but not perfect.

Opera is a very smart browser. It is not open source but it is very fast. Its performance tells the clean code behind it. There are many user interface features that they are the leaders in specially, tabbed browsing. I still prefer the clean user interface of opera over any other browser. Its support to standards is excellent. The bad thing is that people optimize thier websites for IE and firefox but do not do that for opera which results in some websites, usually the ones not following w3c standards not work correct in opera.
thedinh
i thinks firefox is now the best browser for website. it has a really smart interface, and downaloads files faster than other browser.
beside that, you can download so many flugin for firefox, it can help you surf on internet more interlligent, exactly.

for exampe: with a flugin dictionary, you can right click on the new words and firefox will automatic download from server of the dictionary online and tranlate the new word for you.

do you thinks so? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
tdossi
One should always see for what one it required. I think most take Firefox. For small Greäte (mobile phone) goes only opuses mini. Opuses mini is really great.
http://www.opera.com/mini/
sheedatali
Opera has been out of Browser market for long time, Firefox has been throwing blow after blow. However the most recent version of Opera is something special. It is fast, flexible yet very small memory foot print and very nice looking too.

No doubt Firefox is appealing to most people because it just works, however Opera has much more to offer, it is a browser, an email client, a chat client, RSS client and majority of the addons that Firefox fans tout about are features of Opera. You do not have to get those extra extensions like firefox which make it fat and slow, they are part of Opera. So in my opinion it is very well thought out very well done product and it is free.

Even after that praise of Opera, I am a firefox user, primarily because it just works. So for that reason I stick to it and not with Opera. However Opera is a superior browser in my Opinion.
Fake
Firefox

i want it to use less recources though

Every now and then it is sitting about about 500mb ram usage
which is shame

it should be fixed without me having to do anything

but then again, they are by far the best to use
anakin_skyrunner
sheedatali wrote:
Opera has been out of Browser market for long time, Firefox has been throwing blow after blow. However the most recent version of Opera is something special. It is fast, flexible yet very small memory foot print and very nice looking too.

No doubt Firefox is appealing to most people because it just works, however Opera has much more to offer, it is a browser, an email client, a chat client, RSS client and majority of the addons that Firefox fans tout about are features of Opera. You do not have to get those extra extensions like firefox which make it fat and slow, they are part of Opera. So in my opinion it is very well thought out very well done product and it is free.

Even after that praise of Opera, I am a firefox user, primarily because it just works. So for that reason I stick to it and not with Opera. However Opera is a superior browser in my Opinion.

Superior browser is a very nice definition I think.
I can't really add any positive aspects to your post as it is primarily my opinion as well, just this one thing: security. Due to the high standards set by the developers I always know when I'm on an absolutely secure connection, because only then it is green. And the green area is exactly there where I can see it immediately as I tend to look up at the right where no other signs disturb my view. In Firefox I mostly oversee the icon - because it's next to all the colored buttons on the top left hand side. And - perhaps it's really just a feeling, nothing that can be proofed by facts - but I feel more secure when using Opera. What plays into this is the fact that the last version they released was 9.64 in March. Either everyone at Opera works on version 10 at the moment or it's just a really good releases Wink Firefox 3.5 was patched just 2 weeks or so after it's release...

So in short: Opera has features included that you would have to add with Firefox, but in contrast to Firefox it's even faster with all that stuff, it's interpretation of code is really good (Acid Test anybody?) and you're secure, perhaps more secure than with all other browsers.
tchaunt
I definitely say Firefox is the best. It is the one I pretty much always use out of the two. I have, at some point, used each well known web-browser. I just like the style and feel of Mozzila Firefox, and I also like how customizable it is.
achowles
Opera is good, but Firefox wins on the strength of its plugins.
HalfBloodPrince
I would actually recommend Chrome, but if you're only looking into Firefox/Opera I'd say Firefox only because of the extensions. If you're not interested in extensions then Opera is good (but ugly!).
tdossi
To many users of the Internet and from Google to chrome is not probably known that you transmit all your personal data to Google to chrome by the use of Google to chrome unconsciously. However, it is thus and not only this. Google to chrome transmits your personalised data directly to Google. Google can divide you then into categories, e.g., after Internet behaviour and advantages, and use this for advertising purposes.
scary
Firefox, duh Very Happy
driftingfe3s
I was a Firefox user and converted to Opera a few years ago.
HalfBloodPrince
tdossi wrote:
To many users of the Internet and from Google to chrome is not probably known that you transmit all your personal data to Google to chrome by the use of Google to chrome unconsciously. However, it is thus and not only this. Google to chrome transmits your personalised data directly to Google. Google can divide you then into categories, e.g., after Internet behaviour and advantages, and use this for advertising purposes.


Other browsers take just as much personal data as Chrome. The data collected by Firefox goes to Mozilla, data collected by IE goes to Microsoft, and data collected by Chrome goes to Google. Chrome wins because it's damn fast, has a much more intuitive UI than other browsers, and keeps things simple and not uselessly complicated.
tdossi
So I also think, Firefox is the best one. With Firefox one can make nothing wrong.
tdossi
Hello. I think which should collect with the dates one not ignore. One never knows what happens with the personal data.
Rajiev
Fire fox IS the nmost definite answer since it is the most popular Broweser (well next to IE).

But Opera has some nice techniques wich will make it favarouble in some unique conditions.

One such things I found is that Opera can Tunnel (or do something like it) it's data so some firewal rules can be bypassed.

Try opera if your Netadmin has put lots of ruls Wink
weableandbob
Firefox, although I've never tried Opera
jackill
So You should Wink New Opera 10 Beta is amazing.
Rajiev
I dont like beta :S
anakin_skyrunner
Rajiev wrote:
I dont like beta :S

Well, Opera 10 Beta 2 is so good, you wouldn't have to call it beta. Just like with Windows 7 Beta... That was unjustified as well (generally speaking)
Rajiev
anakin_skyrunner wrote:
Rajiev wrote:
I dont like beta :S

Well, Opera 10 Beta 2 is so good, you wouldn't have to call it beta. Just like with Windows 7 Beta... That was unjustified as well (generally speaking)


Well, Windows 7 beta was actually a real beta. Had vrashes in my system a lot... Drive incompatibiltity, software Incompatibility... etc I can Go on. But THe RC was Great. But hell , IT was a lot more better than the paid versions of Vista :S Razz

Ok, If you say so, I'll DL a beta And try Wink

/* me goes to Opera Site ...
anakin_skyrunner
Rajiev wrote:
anakin_skyrunner wrote:
Rajiev wrote:
I dont like beta :S

Well, Opera 10 Beta 2 is so good, you wouldn't have to call it beta. Just like with Windows 7 Beta... That was unjustified as well (generally speaking)


Well, Windows 7 beta was actually a real beta. Had vrashes in my system a lot... Drive incompatibiltity, software Incompatibility... etc I can Go on. But THe RC was Great. But hell , IT was a lot more better than the paid versions of Vista :S Razz

Ok, If you say so, I'll DL a beta And try Wink

/* me goes to Opera Site ...

Well it ran just fine on my PC, but of course RC was better... If Opera 10 was already RC I would've written "Just like with Windows 7 RC" Wink

And compared to Windows Vista RTM everything is/was/will be better.

(Sry. for off-topic)
What do you think? Better or better than Firefox???
Chinmoy
opera has a new innovative idea of opera unite whereby people can have a webspace from their own hard-disk.
Rajiev
Well, I tried the Beta but it dont has that proxy rule bybassing effect anymore Surprised Sad

But Like the looks.

will tell you more about it later.
Gotta try this on my home (so slow) dialup :p
maaji
Internet explorer 8 Very Happy
Agent ME
HalfBloodPrince wrote:
Other browsers take just as much personal data as Chrome. The data collected by Firefox goes to Mozilla, data collected by IE goes to Microsoft, and data collected by Chrome goes to Google. Chrome wins because it's damn fast, has a much more intuitive UI than other browsers, and keeps things simple and not uselessly complicated.

Firefox doesn't record personal data to send to Mozilla.
Rajiev
Agent ME wrote:
HalfBloodPrince wrote:
Other browsers take just as much personal data as Chrome. The data collected by Firefox goes to Mozilla, data collected by IE goes to Microsoft, and data collected by Chrome goes to Google. Chrome wins because it's damn fast, has a much more intuitive UI than other browsers, and keeps things simple and not uselessly complicated.

Firefox doesn't record personal data to send to Mozilla.


Ya, What the heck is that personnel data collection story Surprised

I dont think that Browesers do that :O at least FF do that :O Perhaps some usage data and programme crashes. But Personal data Surprised cant be Confused
anakin_skyrunner
Rajiev wrote:
Agent ME wrote:
HalfBloodPrince wrote:
Other browsers take just as much personal data as Chrome. The data collected by Firefox goes to Mozilla, data collected by IE goes to Microsoft, and data collected by Chrome goes to Google. Chrome wins because it's damn fast, has a much more intuitive UI than other browsers, and keeps things simple and not uselessly complicated.

Firefox doesn't record personal data to send to Mozilla.


Ya, What the heck is that personnel data collection story Surprised

I dont think that Browesers do that :O at least FF do that :O Perhaps some usage data and programme crashes. But Personal data Surprised cant be Confused

I like most that he doesn't mention Opera... No data collection with Opera *g*

Arrow Go Opera, go!

Some news I want to share
Beny
Firfox Of Corse

- Beny
tdossi
Chinmoy wrote:
opera has a new innovative idea of opera unite whereby people can have a webspace from their own hard-disk.

People webspace from own hard disk can have hello, with opuses? How does this go? I also have opuses. And others. But of it still nothing belongs.
mogrem87
Chinmoy wrote:
Which do you think is the better browser, opera or firefox?


i know most people use firefox but believe me opera is faster,easier and mush more simple
goutha
Well, I'm using Firefox.

However, it used to be a fast and reliable browser, which is not really the case right now with the 3.5 version.

Google Chrome is a good alternative if you are looking for a light and fast browser.
smiteme
chrome is good but it is webkit based. I do not like webkit based browsers. Why not use webkit instead?
andrewsteinborn
I have used both Opera and Firefox. I personally use Firefox, but I will use Opera if needed.

Plus, Opera has a integrated BitTorrent and IRC client, which is cool Very Happy
harismushtaq
Some people priase firefox over opera because of the addin support that it has. I have done some programming for browsers so from what I have learnt, there are two types of addins.

One is the UI add ins called extensions in firefox and widgets in opera. They may add menu items, toolbars and other features in the browser it self that runs all the time and do some specific job. The architecture of firefox extensions and opera widgets are very similar and you can do the same thing in both places.

The other type is plugin. It is like activeX control that can load in a page and help websites do things that they cannot do by HTML and Javascript. Example is flash player. For this part, both firefox and opera use the XPCOM architecture and the some plugin can work in both browsers with minor changes.
sheedatali
harismushtaq wrote:

The architecture of firefox extensions and opera widgets are very similar and you can do the same thing in both places.


FAIL!

FF extensions allow you to customize and extend core browser functionality
Opera Widgets are standalone applets (flash etc) and can not change or enhance core browser functionality.


This is a big gripe for most people with Opera that it does allow them to customize the browser itself. The closest thing to browsing modifications in Opera is User Scripts support as Grease Monkey in FF, however it does not seem to be very popular although it is very powerful just as lot of FF extensions such GTD/Better Gmail etc.

However I still vote for Opera because it is a much better browser at core, and it has a number of popular extensions of FF as core functionality of browser which makes it very very powerful. It also has a very good email/usenet/chat client built in. And the most recent version includes very good AJAX support which was a main problem in previous versions.

As eyecandy they have added media server support and built in torrent client which does not add anything valueable to browser IMO but hey it is hell of an achievement with such a small binary and an application with such a small memory footprint as compared to FF and IE.

I think FF is an excellent browser and it has very powerful design and features, but if you compare the list of features to Opera then Opera is little bit ahead in my personal opinion. Of course there will always be people loyal to FF and some to Opera and that's that, it is just what works for you.
Phinx
The more i live and use FIrefox, the more i start to think that it is becoeming a bad browser. They say it becomes faster with every release, but the difference is barely noticable. More plugin appear, causing more bugs and just in genereal it is becoming like an oversized and slugish mechanizm. I'm trying Opera on both Windows and Linux and so far am more pelased with it thatn with alternatioves, including the ever more memory hogging FireFox.
defecto
I would like to say that firefox 2.0 is the best. I know that 3.0 is a more user friendly .. but 2.0 has some really good addons that think are very useful.
I just like to older version better.


Firefox all the way.
anakin_skyrunner
defecto wrote:
I would like to say that firefox 2.0 is the best. I know that 3.0 is a more user friendly .. but 2.0 has some really good addons that think are very useful.
I just like to older version better.


Firefox all the way.

Hm... Most add-ons that don't work with Firefox 3.0/3.5 have a reason for not working with that version, mostly because a new, better version has been released. So just go to addons.mozilla.com and search for the add-on you want. But please, for safety sake, upgrade to the newest version...
soljarag
i used opera mini on my blackberry... its wayyy better than the default blackbery browser. In order to sync your bookmarks, you have to use the desktop opera browser.. I installed it to sync bookmarks, but dont use it.... i don't know why.. just never think to
chartcentral
I would say Mozilla Firefox because it is the browser I'm using. Have tried Opera before though (on its earlier versions) and I wasn't "loyal" to it as I am with Firefox now. Smile
Rafaweb
Opera consumes minor memory (RAM), and have a better JSCripts rendering thats a good point because makes the Page load faster than Firefox, this is for the Presto rendering.

The gecko rendering engine of Firefox is really heavy and have a lot of unnecesary code.

Opera dont reload the page if you dont do it manually, i.e. when you clic on the back button.

A dissappointment of opera is that doesnt support the WYSWYG editors of vBulletin forums.
cyeborg
Actually it depends on the requirement of a person. I use both opera , firefox and even Internet explorer. but mostly i use opera because of its looks and because i have never encountered problems with it that is no crashes that i can remember. In case of firefox although you can customize it with alot of addons but it crashes alot. so for me Opera is the one.
bigt
Chinmoy wrote:
Which do you think is the better browser, opera or firefox?


Firefox, but I don't use Opera much. Firefox is my choice b/c of all the add-ons. My fav add-ons are NoScript and TreeStyleTabs.
anakin_skyrunner
Summing up all the answers:

Opera is just better, but Firefox wins due to its mass of add-ons Wink

Please continue to debate now.
pajser
Firefox is the best, its safe, fast, najs interface. And a lot of addons.
shark123
I still use Opera, Firefox is to heavy for my old computer if I open many tabs
Jean-Clod
Opera, because it's faster, and it uses less RAM, let me explain why you're wrong when you think it is (..wrong Laughing )
Opera is in fact Firefox with tons of plug-ins, the most important ones (bittorrent, speeddial, etc etc..) and what firefox can do with many add-ons, opera does with nothing added. That means, and I tried it, even if Firefox is a bit faster with 0 plug-ins, when you install all the plug-ins Opera provides by itself, Firefox uses a lot more RAM, needs a lot more time to start, etc..

Hum.. My explanation is a bit.. weird, but hey! opera rules!
Bielhelm
Opera is faster - Firefox is better.
I am using both beside Internet Explorer and Midori ....

but:
only the portable Versions of Opera and Firefox ... and they are running more then well till installation.
... are able to keep your registry clean.
malcolmpreen
where possible I will use Opera.... with FF in case Opera has trouble with rendering a non-standard website....

Alot of the new features in FF and IE have been in Opera for a long time....

Malcolm
nigam
I like firefox better, but google chrome is available. It seems cool just like firefox. Right now I am using it so I can compare with the firefox.
misterXY
Firefox user even when it was firebird Very Happy
shkhanal
I'm just using Firefox. But firefox is bit problem in slow computers. How about Chrome?
angfrayle
As far as quick loading goes, I go for Opera. But, FireFox offers a lot of possibilities on the web. The plugins of Opera aren't all that helpful if one is browsing for academic reasons. FireFox can be used for research. That for me is a big plus.
nigam
according to my findings while I am using chrome for the moment. It is much faster compare to firefox when it comes on loading websites and loading the software itself. IE for me really sucks.
Baka_Desu
Firefox is good because of all the addons you can get and its layout is quite good.
welshsteve
Firefox is better in a way because of all the addons available to users. It is my browser of choice. However, Opera is super fast, clean, and more standards compliant when it comes to the acid test.
alex_cyber
GO GO FIREFOX GO GO FIREFOX
Happy 5 years
gandalfthegrey
Used Opera years ago. It has gone the way of Netscape. If you don't keep up with demand and innovate, you will lose your costumer base. This is what will happen when Google makes a operating system and people switch over from Win-Dohs!
weableandbob
Firefox, no competition
philipw
Firefox is very good~
It don't have any limitation.
Also it is very fast on playing online games
tdossi
Here the advantages of the opuses:
# E-mail programme of the opuses is the best one what I up to now in programmes for e-mail management has seen and it, moreover, runs along automatically, without I specially must switch on it.
# A chat IRC client is intergriert and I must not switch on still a specially programme to chat with friends. Moreover, one sees in the colour of the Tabs whether somebody something has answered or not. With an external one one must get the programme over and over again in the foreground to look whether something has changed.
# I have an intergrierte note function and must specially begin none programme to take down what.
# A reader RSS is already intergriert, and runs along automatically without I him specially must switch on. He shows the Feeds also naturally without side design in separate like a right RSS reader. Therefore one saves a lot of range.
# The whole package with the download smaller than the browser Firefox only.
# If one is searched a side the found word always completely below indicated and not in the middle of the screen if one such a forum for answers to his post duchsucht one always has to go with the arrow keys rumhantieren with it one sees whether somebody has answered.
# Funny behaviour of the Tabs if one inputs of a form makes the tab. hops also on links them there nearby are and not in the next form field.
# The speed at the announcement of sides is slower (after my feeling).
# Fit to width there is not with AND THE FOLLOWING, so that to wide sides generate a horizontal beam
# Opuses can be configured much easier by own wishes of the appearance by drag & drop.
# One can steer to the whole opuses by keyboard or language and needs not always to use the tiresome mouse again.
the-guide
I think it should be Firefox the best at this moment.
chartcentral
Both. Mozilla Firefox on my PC, Opera Mini on my mobile phone. Smile
sourojit
Opera lately is becoming more compatible in function and looks, lets see how much promise can firefox 4 can keep..
dickyzin
Which one is best for just normal internet web browsing? Opera or Firefox? So far I'm using Google Chrome since it does all that I need for web surfing.
albuferque
Opera's capability to customize its interface(not just the skin but the toolbars, icons, toolbar placements etc etc) is just awesome - no other browser comes even close to that.

Feature wise Opera is a complete browser out-of-the-box. Of course FF can beat any browser once you add some good plugins - plugins are its strong point. But its default setup is pretty inferior to Opera.
adrenaline
Chinmoy wrote:
Which do you think is the better browser, opera or firefox?


Of course it's Opera.
I think it's much faster and secure than Firefox.
It even has a Bit-torrent client built in.

But firefox isn't that bad. It does also have some good things.
Like som addons that are very useful and that it is Open Source.
gsinghfzd
Opera is the best browser for a computer having a slow connection. Opera is the fastest browser on earth.
nil1511
I like opera and i am using that.
when we open many tab in firefox i hangs
Melvinjames18
Opera works faster than FF. FF has more useful apps.
What is the Opera Unite? I just don't figure it out.
kmaliagkas
My experience says for Linux definitely Firefox, because:

1. Many Add-ons
2. Implementation of Flash

On Opera you can't play flash.
ganjour
Among you a little Russian. In Russia and the ex-USSR countries Opera is much more popular Firefox. For example in Belarus Opera has about 80 % among all browsers.
Starrfoxx
I definitely use Firefox. Opera isn't bad, though. There are some features that are nice about it. I would say it's best to have both.
BlueDeath
I now use Firefox, but Opera is also good. But Opera is not open source :<
anakin_skyrunner
BlueDeath wrote:
I now use Firefox, but Opera is also good. But Opera is not open source :<

And for good reason Very Happy
aningbo
opera sucks to the core.

firefox is way way ahead but why on earth?

have u NOT heard of google Chrome? Google Chrome is far far better. the best in the market as of now.
granvals
on moblie phone i like to use opera,but on computer i always use friefox.
opera mini is vey beautyfull,and good
achowles
My only real reason for preferring Firefox to everything else are the plug ins. Google Chrome looks like it will become a good alternative, but it was too featureless when I last tried it.
alvarorojas4
Firefox Smile
But Opera is really Fast Very Happy
bacbac
firefox better, it have a lot of addons Smile
Pagent003
I would definetyl go with google chrome, mozilla's firefox is second and internet explorer is the worst.
slashnburn99
Opera
FileRecovery
Hi,

Opera or Firefox? That's a long talk and never ends. As per my opinion both have their separate significance as related to their jobs. A video shows something on it given below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I9ryU1zpsE

Thanks
Data Recovery Software
dude_xyx
I use both Opera and Firefox. I think ability of having all these great plugins is also the weak point of Firefox though its unfair to compare 2 when Firefox is loaded with all plugins. If you compare firefox without any plugins and Opera, speedwise I don't think there is much difference.

Again I think Opere is pretty good on its own way. So I use both of them. For all my useful SEO plugins I need Firefox and Opera for speed browsing.
ibrahim43
Opera/Opera Mobile/Opera Mini is good Wink best web browser !
ankur209
No Doubt..>Firefox is the world's best browser...!!!

Tweaking it makes it a damn fabulous internet browser...!!

m using it from last 5 years...!!
dickerson
Opera is a free Web browser developed by Opera Software owner. Its features include tabbed browsing, page zoom, mouse gestures, the BitTorrent client high and much more. A number of key features of modern browsers developed by Opera.
nvision
firefox no doubt.. nothing matches it in terms of speed...
Flakky
Firefox for my computers. With syncronised history, bookmarks, style, addons and everything.

But Opera for my cellphone, for which it is best Wink
surdy
Firefox rules. Best browser till date.

I worked on the helpdesk and 95% of browser issues got resolved by just switching to firefox. This saved me a lot of pain troubleshooting things over the phone. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
the-guide
alvarorojas4 wrote:
Firefox Smile
But Opera is really Fast Very Happy


Agree with "alvarorojas4",
I feel that every time Firefox updated it's always slightly slow down.
Don't know why?

.
Da Rossa
updated very short review On Opera x Firefox

Opera is so awesome. Also, the pages do render faster than in Firefox. I can feel it. But Firefox is no behind. It's more customizable than Opera and has such a greater community. More versatile in my opinion. And there are more nothing-else-to-do-extension-developers, which is, in the end, good.
ralf
I think firefox because it has a nice design and fast is. Sorry for my bad english
ankur2010
No doubt..Firefox is damn good..I've been using it for 5 years and is very happy than any other browser.
Opera is also good...but comparing everything will make firefox on the top in my view. Razz
FunDa
ankur2010 wrote:
No doubt..Firefox is damn good..I've been using it for 5 years and is very happy than any other browser.
Opera is also good...but comparing everything will make firefox on the top in my view. Razz


Until Opera gets all the add-ons that Firefox has.

Opera is pretty good, and lots of firefox features that we get through add-ons are already inbuilt in Opera. But Opera needs a lot of good add-ons too to make it really awesome
mukesh
I like Mozila to much
currently i am using Internet Explorer and Opera too but Mozila is better then this two.
according to icon then i like Oera Icon O in red color. Very Happy
frillaH
Firefox for sure.

Since I'm Swede, there is no way I will use Opera since
it's a Norweigan product and they are our neighbours and
we tend to have some rivalry between us.

And also because Firefox works fantastic and there really
is no point to try another browser.

Cheers
/frillaH
Da Rossa
Didn't know you swedes live in near cultural war against Norway...
frillaH
Da Rossa wrote:
Didn't know you swedes live in near cultural war against Norway...

It's not just cultural war, it's what you can call a friendly war concerning all areas.
We have jokes about norweigans, they have jokes about us. In Sweden we have a saying
that goes like this:
"Love starts with war and ends with childcare".

That's the kind of relationship we have with Norway.
Da Rossa
Thanks for the clarification!
But is that a reason not to use Opera? Not that I use as my main browser, but it seemed to me it was a matter of pride.
frillaH
Da Rossa wrote:
Thanks for the clarification!
But is that a reason not to use Opera? Not that I use as my main browser, but it seemed to me it was a matter of pride.

Well pride I can't say, maybe it was involved at choosing a browser but the main reason is that I tried Firefox, loved it and been using it since. However, some of my friends (2 of them Norweigans) told be to try Opera and I did, can't say that I liked it. Sure it's maybe way better now, but Firefox is also better and there really is no reason for me to change.
Da Rossa
I never tried before, but since 10.52 it seem to have improved a lot, particularly about rendering speed. So I gave it a try. It is nice. But I still use Firefox as my main browser.
saikot282
its firefox

it is fast
it is more customizable
it is secure
Alerrandre
of course FIREFOX
ham65
Firefox is soooo much better than opera,i used opera before,and a belive opera is better than internet explorer,but not better than firefox.
D'Artagnan
i don't see why the of course firefox crown!!!

i'm serious, i just think poeple are not open, i use firefox a lot, i like it but i think it has a lot of fundametal flaws which bothered me and made me switch to opera the to chrome. i think most people havent even used opera and are saying that firefox is better... go try it out first! http://www.opera.com/

and just so you know, right now i feel that firefox overcame opera, but the better browser is still chrome
kacsababa
I have all the five big browsers beside each other in my dock (FF|C|O|S|IE) but I mostly use Firefox. Why?

Because why it became popular, the customizability, the addons.
Ofcourse there are extensions for Chrome & Opera too, but still lots of stuff lacking, which may or may not change in the future.
But one major quality is missing from both, the customizability of its functioning and user interface. That's an application design plan, unlikely to change with a few version updates.

I intentionally said "became popular" before, because lots of people switched from IE to FF because people told them to and they actually don't customize anything, don't use any addons, nothing, just the tabs (maybe).
Those people actually could use Opera or Chrome or Safari or Firefox (or IE9, I hope not), doesn't really matter, what would mostly decide is the friendliness of the GUI to them and that's a personal preference.

- What Chrome could bring is webkit's nice CSS3/HTML5 features, which is not much, but even Firefox 4 is missing.
- What Opera could bring to me is the internal mail and irc clients, but I'm actually prettie good with what I'm using for those now.
- The rendering speed could be a big reason if you compare FF3.6 with the latest Chrome or Opera, but FF4 is coming which is now in the same leage as them (I use betas).
- Performance... So for memory consumption, I don't see that much difference. Yeah Firefox still slow on coldstart, it uses quite a lot of memory by default, but what matters to me is it became the most effective with the memory when it's open for a long time and/or you use lots of tabs. I've done benchmarks. Very Happy
FunDa
I have 3 browsers installed now.

Google Chrome, Mozilla FIrefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer.


I did try Apple Safari and Opera earlier, but that was quite some time ago and did not install them yet on the new computer.


Google Chrome seems to be very fast. Not only is it fast in running, but the autocompleting of web URLs is much more nicer in Chrome. I start typing, glance at the address bar, see that it has already filled up the rest of the address, so I just tap "Enter" and ready to go.
The other browsers do have autocomplete but still, it does not match the convenience that Chrome has.

Firefox was the one I loved till Chrome came out, but that was mainly because of the things it can do with add-ons. There are several amazing addons for Firefox that if you need something special to be done, Firefox is the browser of choice.

Internet Explorer is reserved for those irritating websites which are designed for viewing in Internet Explorer alone. I know of some websites which refuse to display properly on other browsers, even though there is nothing complex about the site that it has to be modified for each browser.


Anyway

Chrome > Forefox > Explorer
ralf
I prefer firefox
oTricKsteRx
Firefox because it is faster than opera.

Otherwise, I suggest you to use Google Chrome. Which is the best.
Zenk
Firefox, I used to use Opera but changed to firefox. Opera was kind of slow.
altafbhai
Firefox
rockpan
there is none of them can satisfy my requirement all the time, IE, firefox, opera, chrome.
I use opera in most time, the second is firefox , follows by chrome and IE.
xevo
Few weeks ago I would say Opera (I've been using it for a few years already) but I got tired of waiting when they get off their asses and fix the bug that makes visited links unvisited after closing browser.
I mean WTF, it's been months (since 10.54) and it's STILL unpached.
Well, f*ck it. I switched to Firefox. At least for the time being.
There's still many things I prefer in O - for example "fix to width" or the ease with which you can modify the look and feel (menus/toolbars/buttons)
cstuts
I used both, and I say Mozilla Firefox is much better : x
maicoprince
I think Firefox is now the best browser for the site. it has a smart interface and downaload files faster than other browsers. next to it you can download many flugin for Firefox, it can help you navigate the Internet more interlligence, exactly.
SultanMA
Sure Firefox is better.

Download the latest version Firefox 4.

You will see how the browsers should be Smile



Hope this helpful
Sultan ,,,
cybersa
FireFox Rocks.

Best Browser for Computer and Mobile also.
ayour
They are both nice browser, Opera is just a little quick in te start
Navigator
Both are great, Opera has some amazing features like Unite, Link and Turbo, the tab stacking is good too and overall it feels like a great piece of software. Firefox is my second favourite, firebug being the top add-on for developers!
meadbe
Hi, Is this any reason to open this thread because everyone know the Firefox is the answer. If anyone said opera is the answer. So, he can not used the Firefox. Very Happy

______________
carbon emission software
hassane
In my case , i'am using firefox addon for VmWare, wich is not possible ( still now ) with opera or other browsers.
lightningleo
Do you want more javascripts to run or want to host java prioritised sites ??? Opera is the Choice Laughing
Do you want to browse faster and smoother only?? Chrome is the Choice Laughing
Do you want to perform advanced tasks and want large number of Addons?? Firefox is the choice Laughing
For Geeks::::---- Use IE6 or lower Wink Wink just joking you could use chrome

Choice is Yours !!! Who You Are ????
Cool Cool Cool
flamepjlh
Chinmoy wrote:
Which do you think is the better browser, opera or firefox?

                                                
Firefox of cause.                                    
much better than opera except a lot of memory consumption.                 
                                                 

Confused
harshgupta1992
Opera has got this great feature of turbo which is great when i am on a slow connection, like connected to internet via my android phone etc. However nothing can possibly beat firefox's collection of addons.
silasabrown
Firefox is the best web browser, It is so good and it provides good feature with the compare of other web browser.you can surf easily and quickly so I prefer Firefox.
welshsteve
I personally use Firefox. Was a Google Chrome user, but that just randomly crashes with flash plugin failures etc, so I stopped using it. Have been a Firefox user though since it's Firebird days. I have tried Opera numerous times, but never as my main browser. It is good, and fast, but it's lack of extension are why I don't tend to use it as my main browser.
FunDa
welshsteve wrote:
I personally use Firefox. Was a Google Chrome user, but that just randomly crashes with flash plugin failures etc, so I stopped using it. Have been a Firefox user though since it's Firebird days. I have tried Opera numerous times, but never as my main browser. It is good, and fast, but it's lack of extension are why I don't tend to use it as my main browser.



Opera had a head start in being a great browser, but now I think the others have caught up and are even better due to the huge nnumber of specific xtensions available.


Most peoplw would want to use some basic features in a bloatware free browser, and the rest can use the add-ons or extensions to get the extra features that they need.
Gregoric
There are both Opera and Mozilla Firefox installed on my PC, among IE9 and Google Chrome. However, I use only the Firefox. Its interface is easier to use, options and addons are clearly managed. The browser itself renders everything faster than Opera, most of new technologies are implemented into the engine. Opera is on my PC only because of Opera Unite for easy file sharing with friends.

We will see how will the Opera 12 work, it is said to be completely refreshed, with simplier widget system and more support for technologies like WebGL.

I use Opera Mini on my mobile phone, that's perfect browser created for Java machine. I can say that Mini is best browser available for Java. Compression of data - like 95% bandwith is saved. It renders some of CSS3 effects - box shadow looks prettier than even on IE9, not to mention the 8... Try it out. I heard about Opera Mobile or Mini for Android, they could be great choice too. Never have seen Firefox for the Android.
Radar
The few times I've used Opera, I wasn't overly impressed. Firefox is a staple of the browser world by comparison.
deanhills
I've been using Mozilla Firefox as well as IE - but mostly Firefox for a year or more. I checked out Safari and that was not bad at all except it does chew more RAM. I'll definitely give Opera a try as well.
Related topics
*OFFICIAL* Which Browser do you use?
... And the browser trophy goes to ...
(official) IE 7 Topic
Browsers beside firefox, IE, NS, Opera?
quel navigateur ?
Firefox 1.0.7 Released
Right click and links
Ulubione programy/gry
What programs do you run
I'm forbidden from searching with Google !
CSS Problems + Cache control
My Internet Explorer keeps crushing.
.co.nr, .tk or .nl.tt?
IE users read this very important
comment about nternet explorer,opera,firefox ??
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Software

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.