FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to Get Rid of Clogged Oil on Face?

gracebiz
Oily face is like a curse especially in hot weather. Do you know how to remove the clogged oil on face without squeezing? Natural remedy would be great!!

Thank you.
deanhills
You can get an astringent - called witchhazel - from the pharmacy and with a cotton wool clean away the oiliness. Or more practical, you could carry special wipes in small pouches that are ready to use to clear excess oil on your face. You can find those in the cosmetics department of London Drugs or similar type drug stores. Clearasil comes to mind, but I'm sure there are a number of brands you can use.
bsbteng
People who have oily skin are more likely to have enlarged pores and open pores that are at a risk of getting clogged with oil, dirt and pollution. This can lead to blackheads, skin darkening, acne, zits and pimples.
Cleaning out the clogged pores should be a part of your daily skin care regime. Washing your face regularly with water and soap free face wash is a good idea. Remember, when you are washing your face you must lather your neck and chest as well. This helps to eliminate the oily build up and unclogs pores.

You must exfoliate your skin regularly as well. Use an apricot or almond face scrub and exfoliate the dead skin cells from your face and neck. Massage the scrub onto your skin for a few minutes but do not wash off the residue immediately. Wait for a few minutes then pat a few drops of water on your face; massage for a few more minutes and then wash it off. You will notice a visibly fairer skin tone with cleaner pores.

A product that will definitely help you is tea tree oil. It is an antiseptic that helps to eliminate blackheads and zits and prevents the build up of acne. It helps to clean the clogged pores. Simply dab a cotton ball soaked in tea tree oil all over your skin for best results.

Use an electric blackhead remover. It is a tiny machine that works like a vacuum. It sucks out the blackheads and oily buildup from your pores and helps you to get a deep cleansing routine.

In addition to the above treatments, you can try a few home made remedies to clean your pores. Take a spoon of fresh cream and add half a spoon of chickpea powder to it. Mix the two together and add a drop of rose water. Massage this paste onto your face for a deep cleansing routine. This will not only clean your pores but also helps to moisturize your skin at the same time. You will not need to use a moisturizing lotion after you wash it off. You can use this mix on your entire body.
jwellsy
Apply Milk-of-Magnesia at night and let it dry before going to bed. Leave it on . Then wash your face in the morning. It will draw out oil and if done repeatedly will dry up pimples.
peaceupnorth
Yeah cleaning your pores will help temporarily. Also adopting a clean diet, high in vegetables and whole unprocessed foods will help make your body less greasy.
sana618
when you wake up first thing in the morning is to take a tissue or a cotton ball and wipe your face clean of oil as that is the time when ther is the most excess oil on your face. after washing your face with a face wash that is less mild in soap, dry your face and again take a cotton ball and wet it in rose water and once again wipe your face. it workes for me and i find that my face is less oilly.
use products that suit your oilly face and not just whatever you fancy. (advertisments you know.)
Crinoid
Depending on where you live and what is available in local pharmacies, it could be special formulations in masks and wipes (for use during the day). If nothing is available, washing face with neutral soap (baby soap) during the day will help, even disposable paper tissues will work - to remove the dirt, settled on the skin oil. It will eliminate necessity of squeezing.

Keep skin clean. Use piece of cucumber or not-staining fruits to keep skin healthier, if lemons are available - even better, for oily skin.
wanshi
bsbteng wrote:
People who have oily skin are more likely to have enlarged pores and open pores that are at a risk of getting clogged with oil, dirt and pollution. This can lead to blackheads, skin darkening, acne, zits and pimples.
Cleaning out the clogged pores should be a part of your daily skin care regime. Washing your face regularly with water and soap free face wash is a good idea. Remember, when you are washing your face you must lather your neck and chest as well. This helps to eliminate the oily build up and unclogs pores.

You must exfoliate your skin regularly as well. Use an apricot or almond face scrub and exfoliate the dead skin cells from your face and neck. Massage the scrub onto your skin for a few minutes but do not wash off the residue immediately. Wait for a few minutes then pat a few drops of water on your face; massage for a few more minutes and then wash it off. You will notice a visibly fairer skin tone with cleaner pores.

A product that will definitely help you is tea tree oil. It is an antiseptic that helps to eliminate blackheads and zits and prevents the build up of acne. It helps to clean the clogged pores. Simply dab a cotton ball soaked in tea tree oil all over your skin for best results.

Use an electric blackhead remover. It is a tiny machine that works like a vacuum. It sucks out the blackheads and oily buildup from your pores and helps you to get a deep cleansing routine.

In addition to the above treatments, you can try a few home made remedies to clean your pores. Take a spoon of fresh cream and add half a spoon of chickpea powder to it. Mix the two together and add a drop of rose water. Massage this paste onto your face for a deep cleansing routine. This will not only clean your pores but also helps to moisturize your skin at the same time. You will not need to use a moisturizing lotion after you wash it off. You can use this mix on your entire body.

i havent learn it ,it is great Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Crorepati
Some natural products of high quality are available in the market, which are reliable, with predictable results AND easy to use.
CHARMZ7
I have oily skin and have found that I absolutely love seeing my esthetician to get deep cleanse facials and also at home, I put a warm/hot towel to help those pores !
Greatking
use cleanser. clinically approved cleanser, preferably one whose products you already use. and its ok to get facials done once in a while.
deanhills
Diet is probably also important and drinking lots of water. Fresh fruits and vegetables, and less fat in the diet.
Crinoid
Be born with this type of skin influences this even more ...

Depending on what is available to you, ranging from professional services to a plain soap, what may help from what I know:

- Clean the skin frequently, using moist facial wipes if they are available, if not - wet paper towel or handkerchief. This reduces amount of dirt/dust embedded in pores oil.

- If lemons in your climate are available, you may acidify facial wipe by diluted lemon juice.

- Try cleaning masks, commercially available or make your own.

- Check web if increased amounts of vitamins A, D and B help for this condition, sometimes supplements are a big help.

- And try to change diet to lower carbohydrates, more fibers and and healthy fats (more omega 3).

Hope that helps too Smile