FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's your biggest SEO surprise?

gorilla5
What SEO things have you done that surprised you the most in bringing in traffic?

A little while ago I wrote an article on my blog: Trend Forecasting for Fall Winter 2009 2010 - Effects of recession on fashion. Didn't think too much of it but I got a lot of traffic from it. Maybe it's because I got a lot of links and my site is optimized already but it really boosted my traffic. Last month it increased 50%.

I think for me it's content for my blog. I noticed that a few of my original blog posts gets the majority of traffic.

Another SEO thing that surprised me is paying for directory submissions. I paid someone to manually submit 3 sites to directories. One site I didn't do any other link building and now it has extra 2,000 inlinks but the traffic is not good.
wanshi
so we should do well about seo ,though it is not so easy and need much time/
distantship
really glad to hear that!

My biggest surprise is if you target keyword with competition less than 1 million, it is pretty easy to dominate google position top 10 with just a little bit of work everyday, i've tried this techique on one site and I got 4 different long tailed keywords words with relatively high SEOT rank on google top 10 within 3 months times, my method are all free and i only got a few thousands backlinks....so, it was not as difficult as I've thought...however, it turned out that i picked the niche which is not so profitable, i've only got around 10 sales in total so far....
inphurno
I was really surprised buy how much traffic i got from search engines by just filling in the head properly with a tittle, meta description and meta keywords. I can't say that was one of my top priorities when I first made our site but after a couple of weeks we started to see results and have had growing traffic coming in from search engines for almost a year now. I didn't even work on in bound links yet or directories so I hope to start that soon.
distantship
blog commenting spam is actually working now!!
the-guide
gorilla5 wrote:

I think for me it's content for my blog. I noticed that a few of my original blog posts gets the majority of traffic.

That's right, most search engines especially Google... always fall in love with unique content. Smile
riccopt
distantship wrote:
blog commenting spam is actually working now!!
not really... google is detecting that as lots of people have been using that tactic to spam their links... so they might punish you... and some blog owners have added NOFOLLOW to the links posted on the COMMENTS... which means that they will be worthless in terms of SEO...
chatrack
Hi,

I made a site related to photo printing. There was no listing on google nor a click from google search.

One day I added 3 preview photos of my product-work, so I started getting clicks from Image-search of google.

I am wondering how to increase that traffic
the-guide
the-guide wrote:
gorilla5 wrote:

That's right, most search engines especially Google... always fall in love with unique content. Smile

Update:

Good content is still the King, this is worth doing, absolutely.

gorilla5 wrote:

Another SEO thing that surprised me is paying for directory submissions. I paid someone to manually
submit 3 sites to directories. One site I didn't do any other link building and now it has extra 2,000
inlinks but the traffic is not good.

I think nowadays it's hard to get traffic directly from web directories but we will get back links from them,
however, don't know exactly how much it help for SEO. So I think we shouldn't pay for it,
in fact we can do it by ourselves if we have some spare time.

mugundhan
gorilla5 wrote:
What SEO things have you done that surprised you the most in bringing in traffic?

A little while ago I wrote an article on my blog: Trend Forecasting for Fall Winter 2009 2010 - Effects of recession on fashion. Didn't think too much of it but I got a lot of traffic from it. Maybe it's because I got a lot of links and my site is optimized already but it really boosted my traffic. Last month it increased 50%.

Another SEO thing that surprised me is paying for directory submissions. I paid someone to manually submit 3 sites to directories. One site I didn't do any other link building and now it has extra 2,000 inlinks but the traffic is not good.

dnt waste money in paid link directories