FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Most BloodThirsty Bird

iSTiFYeTi
Quote:
The Sharp Beaked ground Finch also known as the Dawin Finch of the wolf islands of Galapagos islands usally eat berrys and insects, but since 1964 scientists have observed this species pecking large sea birds called Boobies and drinking the Blood that seeps from the wound.

source: http://www.animal-forum.co.uk/most-bloodthirsty-bird.html

<James007:edited>
driftingfe3s
iSTiFYeTi wrote:
The Sharp Beaked ground Finch also known as the Dawin Finch of the wolf islands of Galapagos islands usally eat berrys and insects, but since 1964 scientists have observed this species pecking large sea birds called Boobies and drinking the Blood that seeps from the wound.

Wow, I've never heard about a bird that does such a thing. That's pretty intense, especially because it doesn't look like the type of bird to do that.
Magicman
That sounds like a frightening bird, and yet the from the picture it seems like it wouldn't be that vicious. Hopefully they never decided to start attacking humans to drink our blood.
deanhills
Sounds like Vampire Birdies Laughing Laughing
goutha
I,ve never heard about blood thirsty birds...

The bird on the pic looks cute...
James007
Please do not copy/paste without quote tags and mentioning the source.

http://www.animal-forum.co.uk/most-bloodthirsty-bird.html
coolclay
Interesting that the boobys would allow that sort of torture. I wonder how they are able to approach the boobys without their attacks being thwarted. Very odd indeed.
jabce85
crazy stuff... that galapogos island is a crazy place