FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Largest Snail

iSTiFYeTi
The largest land gastropod is the African giant snail Achatina achatina. The biggest specimen on record was 15.5 in. long from snout to tail and weighed exactly 2 lbs. named Gee Geronimo, it was owned by Christopher Hudson of Hove, E. Sussex, England.

[/img]
Georgeboy
First, I couldn't believe that it could become that big... But ok, I think you picked this information from a record website or something like that?
michaeljscott93
WOW! Nice find, that is amazing!

Do think the snail was genetically modified or bred selectively to become such a huge snail?!?
Dean_The_Great
That's cool! And kinda scary. Don't really ever want to see one, though I suppose I wouldn't have to be afraid of outrunning it.
jabce85
that is crazy big.. and thank god i don't see those crawling around here where i live.
tony
freaky! I'm glad we don't have those here in Sweden...
andysart380
ok now your gonna have to find a picture because i find it hard top believe a two pound snail over a foot long....
ocalhoun
andysart380 wrote:
ok now your gonna have to find a picture because i find it hard top believe a two pound snail over a foot long....

taytay
That's awesome! and gross at the same time. I've never been one to enjoy slow animals as pets (like tortoise's. Seriously, who pays 200 bucks for a freakin tortoise?!), but if Petsmart had these things I think that would change! Not much you could do with it, but it'd be pretty exotic. and harmless, i hope.. lol. I would name it Gary....
tchaunt
I would suggest putting quotes or credits for your post, iSTiFYeTi.
http://www.animal-forum.co.uk/largest-snail.html

Still, it's a great find all the same. How I hate the mucus snails leave behind. ><
hamza1122
eww that's freaky but cool. Funny how we get scared of snails even though they're massive but they're still smaller than us by heaps lol.
taytay
tchaunt wrote:

Still, it's a great find all the same. How I hate the mucus snails leave behind. ><

Oh the things people to for points Rolling Eyes lol
taytay
tchaunt wrote:

Oh the things people to for points Rolling Eyes lol
professor
It's a goog meal

iSTiFYeTi wrote:
The largest land gastropod is the African giant snail Achatina achatina. The biggest specimen on record was 15.5 in. long from snout to tail and weighed exactly 2 lbs. named Gee Geronimo, it was owned by Christopher Hudson of Hove, E. Sussex, England.

[/img]
driftingfe3s
professor wrote:
It's a goog meal

iSTiFYeTi wrote:

[/img]

Haha, it could feed a family of four probably with that size.