FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Oldest Intact Mammoth

iSTiFYeTi
The oldest intact mammoth on record was found by a group of French scientists in Siberia, Russia, in Oct. 1999. The animal is estimated to be 23,000 years old, and has tusks weighing 143 lbs. each. The objective of the expedition, which was sponsored by the Discovery Channel, was to find DNA from this extinct species to perform cloning experiments.
Crazy_Canuck
We have a baby mammoth exhibit here. I t's at our mall waiting for the center to be built that will house it. It is pretty incredible to look at. And it is the size of my friend's Husky.
deanhills
Crazy_Canuck wrote:
We have a baby mammoth exhibit here. I t's at our mall waiting for the center to be built that will house it. It is pretty incredible to look at. And it is the size of my friend's Husky.
In which State is that? Sounds very interesting. I must say I really like the mammoths in the cartoon movie "Ice Age". The characters are quite awesome. My favourite is Manny the Mammoth:
Jamestf347
I've heard of them finding that mammoth, But I havn't heard anything recently about the DNA yet, have they already made clones? Only this is we don't know how tame they are, considering they didn't have much human interaction. We don't know what they were like.
jabce85
Yeah, I remember seeing that discover channel show... Where is that particular mammoth now?