FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Python / Ruby on Rails

polly-gone
So I saw someone say that there might be Python support, but they weren't real clear... Does Frihost has Python Support?

And what about Ruby on Rails?

Thanks,

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
dimedrol-tab
I think that there is Python on the Server 1 but not on the Server 4. Now we can't register accounts on Server 1.... It's interesting, can we change account on Server 4 to account on Server 1 when it will works?
leontius
Even on server 1, the python version is just 2.3 so it might not be able to run what you want (just like my case). Waiting for Bondings to upgrade python Wink

Last time I checked there's no way to easily install a RoR application. Maybe you want to try doing some CGI tricks (I doubt it will perform well anyway...).

You can do basic python (and I think ruby also) CGI stuff, but building the whole website in plain CGI is just inefficient. If only frihost supports FastCGI (which is perhaps too much to ask Razz).
nathanpc
Frihost offers Rails hosting?????
rvec
I think server 1 has RoR support. Not 100% sure, but if you have CPanel there's a chance you can use it.
silverdown
This python related topic might be helpful

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-96965.html#807081