FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Random Downtime

Aredon
Is the server still going through random restarts? Because I've noticed that my site and frihost will be unreachable at times for a good minute or two. Sometimes longer, and though this is not really a huge deal, it is something of an annoyance... Lets say someone wants to apply to join my guild, they fill out their app, click submit, and suddenly the site they were on doesn't exist anymore. All form data is lost, and they leave, disconcerted, to take their interest elsewhere. I really dislike that scenario; is there any way this could be fixed?
silverdown
I think Apache is restarted every hour.... or something is anyhow...
SpellcasterDX
I have experienced this, not sure about my site but I've experienced it on the forums. As to how to fix it/resolve it, well, we'll have to wait for a mod/admin response.
Aredon
Doesn't seem to be quite every hour, sometimes it will be like twenty or thirty minutes past the hour, and I wouldn't say it happens every hour... sometimes it seems like it skips a few.
klownsrus
This also happends to me and everyone else. silverdown Frihost woul'dt have to restart appache, but i think they do like a scan on their server to check for and virus's and worms and stuff like that, they probly dont have server protection on their servers. Server protection cost lots of money.
Bondings
If the domain configuration on the server is changed (things like adding and removing domains or accounts), then Apache is completely restarted, and the nameserver too. This causes some downtime of the websites.