FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Site not opening everywhere





sourojit
I recently attached a domain www.tech-compass.com with my frihost blog,but it is opening only in selected parts of India .Google has successfully varified my site and the domain shows an alexa rank as well but Pingdom tools test fails "url does not exists".My site is hosted on server 4.
Please look at the matter.
Bondings
sourojit wrote:
I recently attached a domain www.tech-compass.com with my frihost blog,but it is opening only in selected parts of India .Google has successfully varified my site and the domain shows an alexa rank as well but Pingdom tools test fails "url does not exists".My site is hosted on server 4.
Please look at the matter.

It seems to go to our server. Maybe it simply needs more time? It can take up to a day (theoretically even more) for the cache to update everywhere (propagate, although it's not the correct word).
Chinmoy
do you allow ssh access to sites? It would really help if you did. Managing everything is not at all possible only through ftp.
mOrpheuS
Chinmoy wrote:
do you allow ssh access to sites? It would really help if you did. Managing everything is not at all possible only through ftp.

To repeat what has been answered many times over - we DO NOT allow SSH access. And there's no likelihood of a change in this policy.
Chinmoy
ok, i should have checked before posting that request. Anyways, @Sourojit is a friend of mine and has had a lot of problem managing his site. The site still fails a test at pingdom tools which keeps on saying URL does not exist for www.tech-compass.com. Please help him. I am out of my wits in the matter.
I did add www.tech-compass.com to his account as a domain pointer in his direct-adimin control panel. I guess that is how we add a domain! If not please tell me.
His site shows an alexa rank, and some visitor count as well. Please see if it opens from your location.
mOrpheuS
Chinmoy wrote:
I did add www.tech-compass.com to his account as a domain pointer in his direct-adimin control panel. I guess that is how we add a domain! If not please tell me.


http://www.intodns.com/tech-compass.com

There are several errors with the tech-compass.com zone configuration.

The domain reports frihost nameservers in NS records, but frihost nameservers aren't aware of the domain.

It might be due to a server glitch while adding the domain to DirectAdmin. You should try deleting and re-adding the domain (preferably, as an add-on domain instead of a domain pointer).
Related topics
Pokemon Help
Problem with opening a word doc from site hosted in frihost
Protect Your Site, Or suffer the consiquences
Creating a FTP directory using PHP
Help Please
Remote Desktop Problem
My site is not opening....[resolved]
My opinion on what makes a site good.
Problem opening Google from my site
NOt opening my Web Site?
Rockman ZX Walkthrough
My site is not opening.
Search Engine Listings
Creating a Website
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.