FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help needed Forbidden error

raaeft1
I am a virtual tyro. I uploaded two web pages made in NVU using NVU publish command. I can access the pages in the file manager. But when I click on www.manifestonline.frih.org I get Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
www.manifestonline.frih.org

What should I do.Please help me.
Bondings
You need to put your files in the public_html directory of your domain (or subdomain in your case). It is located in domains/<domain_name>/public_html/ and there should be a shortcut named public_html in your home/root directory. Also, for something to show up on the base url, you need an index.html or index.php file. And for other files, please note that it is case sensitive and you need capital letters if you have them in the filename.
Chinmoy
you also need to check file permissions for all the elements in the site to appear.
Vrythramax
Chinmoy wrote:
you also need to check file permissions for all the elements in the site to appear.

By default the permissions are 775, so unless you need something other than that to run a script or something, they should work fine "right out of the box".