FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hunters harming animals

ocalhoun

^.^

No animals being harmed in the process of making meat for the store? If only. Rolling Eyes
blackheart
d'oh!

I was watching a documentary on kids from urban areas in NY the other day. A fifteen year old girl was asked where apples came from, and had no idea. And neither did her friends.

It's inconceivable to me not knowing where things as basic as meat or apples come from. Not understanding meat processing would be considered simple anywhere I imagine... but particularly if someone in aus didn't know where apples/bananas/oranges came from by age 5 let alone 15 they'd be tagged as a moron for life.

However I guess if you grow up in a city as large and dense as NY, never leave, buy everything from generic stores, and miss the references in movies/etcetera... I can see those things might never occur to you
ocalhoun
blackheart wrote:

I was watching a documentary on kids from urban areas in NY the other day. A fifteen year old girl was asked where apples came from, and had no idea. And neither did her friends.

Perhaps schools should focus a little less on algebra and the intricacies of sentence structure, and a little more on practical things...

Just think of the implications if a global disaster were to strike... These urbanites would have no idea how to get food without a store to buy it from. They'd be helpless.
blackheart
though, rereading this one a few times - I'm starting to think it's witty sarcasm. Having a poke at people who condemn hunting for food, who equally buy store bought meat (where at least the hunted animals, in fact, probably had a normal life).