FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My keyboard language keeps changing to EN

infinisa
Hello All

I used to have this irritating problem with my portable PC - the keyboard language would keep jumping from PT (which is what I have) to EN. I tried uninstalling the EN keyboard language, but it still kept popping back!

Now I'm really irritated because the same thing has suddenly started happening with my desktop - I've been using it for 1 years without any problems of this kind and now all of a sudden this same problem is happening with this PC!

Both PC's run Win XP SP3 in English.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Spiritfall
Have you tried searching for a Language Pack for Xp, in your language?
infinisa
Hi Spiritfall

My Language is English (EN); my keyboard is Portuguese (PT). I can't imagine I need to install anything (unless it's a patch for Windows Smile ).

As I said, everything was working fine until Windows started spontaneously changing my keyboard from PT to EN a few days ago. And this happens even if I uninstall the EN keyboard (Windows just decides to reinstall it again!)

To make matters worse, this is not a rare phenomenon: it happens several times a day.

Thanks anyway.
albuferque
I know it's a crazy question but ...
Do you have layouts in your Registry? Laughing

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts

if not then add them(Merge) with this reg file:

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/post-a25945-keyboard-layouts-zip.html

Hope it helps
infinisa
Hello albuferque

Yep, I have loads of keyboard layouts in the registry at HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts including, of course:

00000816 Portuguese
00000409 US

Thanks anyway
infinisa
Hello All

I've tried uninstalling the EN Keyboard, and that seems to be working for now. But I'm not very hopeful based on past experience:
infinisa wrote:
Hello All

I used to have this irritating problem with my portable PC - the keyboard language would keep jumping from PT (which is what I have) to EN. I tried uninstalling the EN keyboard language, but it still kept popping back!

So let's just see what happens.
jackill
Removing US layout (leaving only PT) from Control Panel - > Keyboard Settings isn't helping?
infinisa
jackill wrote:
Removing US layout (leaving only PT) from Control Panel - > Keyboard Settings isn't helping?

Yeah, it's working fine.

I waited a while to reply to see whether the problem would reappear, but so far, so good. Smile
jackill
infinisa wrote:
jackill wrote:

Yeah, it's working fine.

I waited a while to reply to see whether the problem would reappear, but so far, so good. Smile

That's good Smile