FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google

JandPBoards
Is it possible to get Google to crawl these domains??
Bondings
JandPBoards wrote:
Is it possible to get Google to crawl these domains??

Do you mean websites hosted by Frihost? Yes, of course that is possible. You simply need to have a few links to your website. Submitting a sitemap will also do the trick, although links are always the best.
Chinmoy
add a sitemap.xml and a robots.txt file to your site and make it readable. Login to your google account and submit them to google webmasters tools.
Vrythramax
Chinmoy wrote:
add a sitemap.xml and a robots.txt file to your site and make it readable. Login to your google account and submit them to google webmasters tools.

You don't even need to go that far, nor have a google account. Simply make sure you have keywords in your header information, and submit your site to google (or any other search engine) and give them time to spider your site. You may also want to check out our SEO and Search Engines Forum for more detailed info and tips.
Zsupermassive
It's not crawling my site :/
Bikerman
It is also probably worth the time to check-out what Google's own people say about getting a site noticed and ranked on their engine:
I'll give you a couple of URLs to kick you off - after that there are enough hyper-links to keep you busy Smile
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=289187
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=297915

PS - a lot of people out there will tell you about all sorts of 'tricks' to get a higher ranking on Google. Much of this 'information' is put out by people selling software which claims to do the job for you. I have checked a couple of such products out quite thoroughly and I can tell you that they were completely ineffective on the test sites we ran them on. I suspect most of the rest are also moonshine.
wombatrpgs
Zsupermassive wrote:

If you try out Google Webmaster Tools, they'll provide a reason if something's not working right.
Zsupermassive
wombatrpgs wrote:
Zsupermassive wrote:

If you try out Google Webmaster Tools, they'll provide a reason if something's not working right.

I did add my site on the Good webmasters Tool page, it's been 2 and half weeks only, I'm hoping it will get indexed soon. Rolling Eyes
Ghost Rider103
Zsupermassive wrote:

I don't believe there is any actual set time in which your website will be indexed by Google.

I think the first time I waited for Google to index my site many years ago took about four weeks. But I've heard of people getting their website indexed within a week, and some within in a month, like myself.

See this link for more reference: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Webmasters/thread?tid=2172a84d24b88442&hl=en

P.s. this thread is a year old...