FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is there a "Powered by Frihost" icon?

zbale
[Apologies if this is already covered (I could not find it through the search engine) or if it is the wrong place to ask.]

Is there a (discreet) icon (or a series of icons to choose from) which those Frihosters who wish so might include on their website (for instance at the bottom of the pages or on a "credits" page), stating something like "Powered by Frihost" (or equivalent) and linking to the Frihost homepage?
metalfreek
Nope. There is nothing you have to include in your site which mentions frihost. It is 100% ads free. But the domain name must be something like this
www.yoursite.frih.org
www.yoursite.frih.net etc.

My site is www.completeguide.frih.org you can see for yourself there.
sonam
metalfreek wrote:
Nope. There is nothing you have to include in your site which mentions frihost. It is 100% ads free. But the domain name must be something like this
www.yoursite.frih.org
www.yoursite.frih.net etc.

My site is www.completeguide.frih.org you can see for yourself there.

metalfreek I think you are missunderstanding zbale. He ask:
Quote:
Is there a (discreet) icon (or a series of icons to choose from) which those Frihosters who wish so might include on their website

Answer is yes, but I cannot find it. I see very nice designs but I am forgot in which forum. Maybe some mod know right link.

Sonam
rvec
there are some, you can find them in the frihost redesign topic. And I think there are some other topics from long ago.
Vrythramax
There are quite a few of them scattered in the forums, I have a few myself that I'll post. All I could find right away was the one below...edit it as you wish.

zbale
Nice, thank you; I'd love to see the others.

If somebody has the links or pictures it might be useful to gather them here (or to redirect to whatever discussion in which they are possibly already gathered together) as I could not find them through the search engine (and I suppose that people running a search on it from now on might hit upon the title I gave to this discussion).

And indeed, I am not implying in any way that people should have a sticker of any kind on their website, I'm just grateful for what Frihost is doing and I would like to find a discrete way to acknowledge its contribution to the Internet community.
Vrythramax
Frihost does not require any Ad placement on user websites, nor do we ask for a complimentary mention...good feedback and a kind word are always a nice thing to do for anybody however. Smile