FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

windows 7 release

sourojit
So the long wait is going to end soon .Windows 7 complete editions will be released this october.
albuferque
Confused

http://gizmodo.com/5150284/7-things-we-hate-about-windows-7

Confused

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_removed_from_Windows_7
Hogwarts
albuferque wrote:

And nearly all of those are minor things? Even they admit that their own criticism is stupid. I mean, this one quote basically gives the article the credibility of a cave shrew.
Bad Gizmodo article wrote:
We want the option, even if it makes absolutely no sense.

albuferque wrote:
Confused

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_removed_from_Windows_7

I'm yet to see a valid point against Windows 7 in your post? Most of the features removed are unwanted or deprecated, so I can't really see much point for your disapproving emoticon. Or do you have some form of gastrointestinal dysfunction? That emoticon is really giving me that impression <_<
[FuN]goku
albuferque wrote:

In response to that article , I'm just gonna throw MY opinion out there. I haven't tried Windows 7 yet, and I'm still a Windows XP user, but there's some things in that article I'd have to disagree with.

Quote:
1. Can't Pin What We Want to Taskbar. Perhaps because we love the superbar so much, it drives us nuts that we can't pin everything to it. Particularly, the Recycle Bin and some devices, like USB drives.

With the Recycle Bin, you can make it a folder within Windows Explorer on the taskbar, but you can't pin the actual Recycle Bin to the taskbar, so you can drag and drop stuff into it or empty it.

I honestly can't see why you'd WANT it on the taskbar, what happened to the good old fashioned delete/shift + delete ?

Quote:
2. No Upgrade Install From XP to Windows 7.

Honestly, if i was to get a copy of Windows 7 at this very moment, and install it, I wouldn't be doing an upgrade anyways (even if i had vista). I would prefer a nice clean install, and if theres anything I want from my current pc, I'll back it up one way or another, whether it be a flash drive, dvd's, or transfer everything to my laptop.

Quote:
4. Most Desktop Gadgets Suck

I can't say i'd find myself using desktop gadgets if i switched to Vista or Windows 7. They're un-needed imo and they probably use up your system resources. (I like lightweight stuff Wink )

Quote:
5. Windows Media Player Blows

This one on the other hand I'll have to agree with. I've always been a user of Winamp, and always will be as long as it's there. But, then again , you can't really say this is something you hate about Windows 7, as WMP is in Windows by default, so you'd be saying you also hate XP , Vista also.

Quote:
7. Control Panel Is a Mess.

Not really sure what to say about this one here. Uh.. I'll have to agree that from the screenshot I seen there, it does look a bit out of order. I know when I tried Vista, Control Panel really seemed like crap.

Meh anyways theres my rant. Razz
albuferque
No, I don't have any gastro problem, but I have eyes. Laughing
Vrythramax
Hogwarts wrote:
... so I can't really see much point for your disapproving emoticon. Or do you have some form of gastrointestinal dysfunction? That emoticon is really giving me that impression <_<

Maybe because he/she is entitled to their own opinion, just like you are, and SHOULD be able to express their opinion without fear of someone calling names or just flaming them for it.

YOU should be aware of the rules by now.
Hogwarts
Vrythramax wrote:
Maybe because he/she is entitled to their own opinion, just like you are, and SHOULD be able to express their opinion without fear of someone calling names or just flaming them for it.

YOU should be aware of the rules by now.

An opinion based upon insubstantial facts? Attempting to put a negative light upon a company's product based upon effectively nothing? The person's provided two emoticons and two URLs, without an exceptional justification of anything except a distinct expression of distaste. Opinions I'm fine with, but unjustified slander, not so much.
Fake
apparently the RTM is leaked

available to download..what a shame

poor microsoft has to suffer from leaks and loss in profit Sad
Fatality
Fake wrote:
apparently the RTM is leaked

available to download..what a shame

poor microsoft has to suffer from leaks and loss in profit Sad

Truly a shame...who cares.

I'm not going to pirate an OS. Too many of them them have been infected or are incomplete. I've been running Windows 7 beta and now RC since they were available. I have never had any problems with it and will be getting the full retail version upon release. I have to admit that I boycotted Vista so I can't compare it, but from what I've heard Windows 7 is a whole lot better.
aningbo
who cares//...

besides, there are Retail versions available for download too. its upto you on how you get the copy of the pirated software. i have a feeling, it will be a while before we could manage a good pirated copy which is registered and wont create a problem. vista still has a problem with the registration procedure for pirated copies.

i have a feeling this windows 7 would be even tougher and harder to crack. thankfully, my college has a link up with microsoft and we students can get any microsoft software for free!