FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Moving site from other hosting to Frihost - domain problems

Asis
Heya, I recently receinved Frihost config, so I moved my site to a new hosting. I am using co.cc free domains, and I find it really cool, but now, when I changed DNS servers from old hosting to frihost's ones, but I see a problem, almost noone can come on my website.

The change was made about 4 days ago, I am able to watch the site, but other friends cannot.

Link: http://www.duality-guild.co.cc/

How long should it take for DNS servers to redirect to the new site?
Is my domain broken?
coreymanshack
Asis wrote:
Heya, I recently receinved Frihost config, so I moved my site to a new hosting. I am using co.cc free domains, and I find it really cool, but now, when I changed DNS servers from old hosting to frihost's ones, but I see a problem, almost noone can come on my website.

The change was made about 4 days ago, I am able to watch the site, but other friends cannot.

Link: http://www.duality-guild.co.cc/

How long should it take for DNS servers to redirect to the new site?
Is my domain broken?

Tell them to do this in a windows system from command line.

ipconfig /flushdns

should fix their problem.
Asis
Thanks, will try. The main problem is I'm at the moment at the computer I've never came on that website from, and it also shows me an error. I don't know whats going on Sad

EDIT: Maybe this isnt correct way, but I just changed DNS servers from old hosting ones to frihost's ones. Did i do it in the right way?

I've heard about domain transfering - something about 60 days to wait before transfer... the domain was made a month ago...
coreymanshack
Asis wrote:
Thanks, will try. The main problem is I'm at the moment at the computer I've never came on that website from, and it also shows me an error. I don't know whats going on Sad

EDIT: Maybe this isnt correct way, but I just changed DNS servers from old hosting ones to frihost's ones. Did i do it in the right way?

I've heard about domain transfering - something about 60 days to wait before transfer... the domain was made a month ago...

humm, that is def odd. something may very well be getting stuck between your isp's and that dns server... i forgot the command to check for that! but there is one... i think it's telnet?