FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Security

ex4ct
what are the best programs to keep like computer virus free spyware free and etc.
i have registry mechanic
ad-aware se
antivirus norton 2004
tune up utilities 2004

is it enough??
James007
You could use a firewall.

These kind of programs are ment to check which programs are trying to connect to the internet and which internetprograms are trying to connect to your computer. You need to give your approval for every program. You will get a message containing the request and you will have to approve or deny the request. It is a must. I want to know what is trying to get in and out, wouldn't you?

More info, you can find here.

Norton AntiVirus, to be honest, I don't like it... it needs a lot of system resources (read: It slows down your computer A LOT!) and it doesn't detect everything. But that's my personal opinion. Now, I use AVG because of the effectiveness and the fact that is very fast. A lot of people think that FREE anti-virus scanners like AVG are bad scanners, but tests have proved otherwise.

Ad-aware SE, is a good anti spyware program, but it has only got a scanner and no real time protection. I mean: It will not warn you when spyware is installing on your system. This is something Microsoft Antispyware does. It is a beta, but for me it has already proven its effectiveness. And it detects more than ad-aware, but again, this is only in my personal opinion.

TuneUp Utilities 2004 is something I like a lot. Nothing to add here Very Happy

Registry mechanic, I used it once and it isn't a bad program, but now I use CCleaner and it cleans out your computer and checks your register for bad entries... Everyone should use this wonderful tool.

James Smile
gh0stface
I use Symantec's Anti Virus Corporate edition. It's a lot better then the regular resource intensive consumer version. Best of all, free virus definitions for life.

Microsoft bought out some small spyware company and made it their own. It's a pretty good free anti-spyware program even though it's still in beta version.
pavelt
ex4ct wrote:
what are the best programs to keep like computer virus free spyware free and etc.
i have registry mechanic
ad-aware se
antivirus norton 2004
tune up utilities 2004

is it enough??

how about MS Anti-Spyware?
James007
pavelt wrote:
how about MS Anti-Spyware?

Please READ what already has been said about this program in the posts above yours.

James Smile