FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best Server Software

Asap170
Well I am looking to put my own server together. I prefer freeware for now... So yea.. Any good choices? I have looked at Xampp and Wamp they both nice, but I not a fan of Wamp. Any others out there that are good? Don't forget I wish it be free!
silverdown
You could always download Apache, Mysql and phpmyadmin and make up your own little server. Of course i requires a lot of set up just an idea and there all free!
Asap170
silverdown wrote:
You could always download Apache, Mysql and phpmyadmin and make up your own little server. Of course i requires a lot of set up just an idea and there all free!

I tried that I got Apache and then tried PHP and it failed.... So I went to Xampp.
Donutey
Asap170 wrote:
silverdown wrote:

I tried that I got Apache and then tried PHP and it failed.... So I went to Xampp.

Some server distributions of Linux offer the ability to install a LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP/Perl) server during initial installation of the OS. Ubuntu Server is one of these and might be a good choice. A big advantage for new users is the large amount of tutorials you can find online that are specific to Ubuntu Server.

This is another option you have, rather than using XAMPP (which I have no experience with).