FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

where should the next gta take place?

khanf1350
would the gta be an expansion like vice city? or like gta 4 in a new city?
eday2010
I think it needs a more Vice City type setting. Something that isn't so dreary and dark. IT would be nice to play as the tyical GTA thug in a city that isn't full of other thugs and society low lifes. Set it in a nice, bright city, with upstanding citizens and low crime. Then maybe part of the point of the game is t osee how well you can do without runing the city into a crime infested hellhole. Somethign a bit different for the overall game would probably be a good thing instead of the same old thing again.
LostOverThere
Personally I can't really see what they can do in the next GTA game. To me, GTAIV was near perfect, and for that reason I feel the series really can't get any better.

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong though.
wombatrpgs
For most games like that, that seemed way too good to be improved upon, it's rare that anything else comes from it in the same sort of style. So something different would probably work best.
QrafTee
Should be a more ghetto neighborhood.
Nameless
The moon. Jack moon buggies, escape the interstellar police and win the respect of your fellow rogue astronauts.

... I'd play it.
wombatrpgs
That actually sounds entertaining... unlike the general concept of GTA. Though thinking about it, it's the same thing... Weird.
Vladalf
An east-european city. With more themes on corruption and horrible governments. With unfinished buildings, abandoned buildings, unfinished streets, horrible city planning and alot of details that show a third world country-like city. Atleast, that's the first idea that springs into my head.
~Vladk
ponda
I think it should take place in a foreign country, maybe Japan with the yakuza or in the red light distric of India.
Xaferrow
It should be at Jakarta, Surabaya, or Bali Very Happy
blk3
Anywhere would be nice. Buyers just need to buy the game engine and they can buy the city they want, we all know that most cities are now being digitally mapped. That way even if you got tired of the city your playing just buy another city pack. That way it doesn't have to be just famous cities in America, it can be anywhere in the world now.
David_Pardy
How about the Depression, in the 1920s?

Or they could do another modern day one, adding a couple of the features from GTA:SA, but maybe lowering the amount of social activities you're required to do. So basically, your friends don't call as often, but you can go to the gym to get fit. That was something I really appreciated from SA, because your fitness actually had a real impact on the game's playability.

Of course, I'm open to whatever time and place they decide to create the game in. I love the concept of basing the playable world upon the real world, even though the locations are places I will most likely never visit in reality Smile.
joe_042293
London. I think they should set the next one in London.

Get Stephen Fry to do some voices, since he's used to doing game VOs by now. That'd be fantastic.

Doubly so would be if they also got Hugh Laurie, and they played a pair of gangsters or something. Lovely.

Um... but yeah, I think that would be an interesting thing to do, taking it out of the USA.
Fake
I think the new GTA should take place in Africa..now that will be awesome!
achowles
Ideally they should set it in a city that's not a complete cliché of the series or gaming in general. There are many interesting cities they could set this series in without making any compromises on the options open to the player. The world is their oyster, so to speak.
westernparkoakcliff
I think it should take place in Dallas, Houston, Austin, or New Orleans... maybe all 4. Alot of stories could go along with it, like the hurricanes in N.O, people moving to texas because of the hurricanes, or if its Texas, it could be like the Mexican cartels runnin drugs through Texas. if its not cartels, in any of the 4 cities, it could be like GTA: SA... and at night, all of the city's skylines are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
pscompanies
Another Vice City type "party" atmosphere should be the next step, since both San Andreas and GTAIV are pretty dreary games that get into the action very fast, it's about time we got a GTA game with a little more laid-back atmosphere like Vice City..
socceraggie
Quote:
Anywhere would be nice. Buyers just need to buy the game engine and they can buy the city they want, we all know that most cities are now being digitally mapped. That way even if you got tired of the city your playing just buy another city pack. That way it doesn't have to be just famous cities in America, it can be anywhere in the world now.

I like this idea. I think it would be a cool way to expand the game to a broader audience. The idea I've heard on here so far that I like the best is the 1920s. The designers could have a lot of fun with speakeasy's and the cars from that era. That was one of the things I liked the best about the Vice City edition was the throw-back cars, cloths, etc. With the 1920s they could have it take place in a city like Chicago or New York where the crime bosses originated from (almost like a god-father type) and then maybe incorporate a nearby city like Las Vegas with the Desert and buried bodies etc. That would be pretty cool!
sum12nv
i reckon they should make it better by making it set in the past or the future, the past maybe a rebellion against a kingdom or in the future a thug with pro weps...=p
wombatrpgs
sum12nv wrote:
i reckon they should make it better by making it set in the past or the future, the past maybe a rebellion against a kingdom or in the future a thug with pro weps...=p

Half of this series is based on realism. How the hell would GTA work in medieval times?
socceraggie
Quote:
Half of this series is based on realism. How the hell would GTA work in medieval times?

Instead of stealing cars your character could steal horses, buggies, and even compete in medieval tournaments. Those are some ways to incorporate it, but I do agree with you that this idea does get away from the idea behind the game. There are probably plenty of other games out there set in the medieval era. GTA doesn't need to go there.
Helios
I think it should be international. International drug-dealing, car-stealing, prostitution, corrupt governments... total chaos.
They should include several famous cities: Miami (since New York was in GTA4), London, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Moscow, Sydney... something in that sense.
We already know that the guys at R* have no problems with huge maps, so IMO it's totally possible to have at least 3 different major cities around the world.

I also don't support poor 3rd world country maps. That would sucks. Africa? Come on... what will you steal? Old Jeeps with bullet holes?
GTA is all about the glamour, money, fancy cars and shady characters. This can't take place in a 3rd world country.

Quote:

Problem is that this way you'll get a very boring and repetitive game.
The whole beauty in GTA is that the maps or areas relate to each other in a complex plot.
Now to plan expansion packs as extensions to a certain plot, which first of all got to be with an open ending (for the original game)... and also every "pack" will have to relate to each and every other pack differently, depending on how many and which packs are already installed. I'd say that's way too difficult to engineer, if not impossible.
Diablosblizz
I actually like the DLC for GTA, pretty interesting to see the background story that the original main character (Niko) didn't have any idea about. I loved BOGT, while TLATD was good in ways.
Helios
Yeah they might stick to that for a while, but I honestly don't think they'll be making a totally extension-based game in the future. If they're up to the task though, then sure, why not...
wombatrpgs
Helios wrote:
I also don't support poor 3rd world country maps. That would sucks. Africa? Come on... what will you steal? Old Jeeps with bullet holes?
GTA is all about the glamour, money, fancy cars and shady characters. This can't take place in a 3rd world country.

There are rich cities in the 3rd world... Places like Rio de Janeiro, Cairo, and Mumbai certainly have enough luxury to make a GTA game work. The whole half slum aspect only strengthens the case for these cities being used. The problems that plague the major American cities already used are certainly existent in these areas, and the wealth disparity helps.
ssweat
We already have a ridiculous crime rate and terrible drivers everywhere. I think it would be ideal. lol
ato784
on the moon.
socceraggie
ato784 wrote:
on the moon.

I'm assuming by the moon you are implying a futuristic GTA when we have a moon base etc. I'm not seeing this working out too well.
welshsteve
socceraggie wrote:
ato784 wrote:
on the moon.

I'm assuming by the moon you are implying a futuristic GTA when we have a moon base etc. I'm not seeing this working out too well.

Maybe like me he wants it banished to the moon LOL rubbish games in my opinion. pointless
socceraggie
welshsteve wrote:
socceraggie wrote:
ato784 wrote:
on the moon.

Maybe like me he wants it banished to the moon LOL rubbish games in my opinion. pointless

Not much argument from me. I played a few editions of this game and it was addictive because I got sucked into the stories and you could do things in the simulated reality that you would never think of doing in real life. However, when you had to start working out in the game, I put the controller down. I thought that was the dumbest thing they added to the game.
achowles
They need to find another city. Or maybe take it out of the US altogether. I could be quite cool to set it in a war torn country with people doing what they've got to do to survive. It would certainly make sense of the sheer carnage you can cause and the factions that would have you cause it. It would also, perhaps go some way towards justifying it.

Either that or setting it in London again. GTA London has the only city to be neglected by the GTA 3 generation. Seeing it return would be welcome. Especially if they bring back the Union Jack Mini Coopers too.
Grim
might be interesting to create a world where you can switch between large cities and decide which you visit more often and which you prefer for playing/living/criminal activities
soljarag
it should take place in Dubai
gandalfthegrey
When I hear GTA I think of Toronto (Greater Toronto Area). I heard they have yellow cop cars up there! That would be cool to see in the game.
wombatrpgs
soljarag wrote:
it should take place in Dubai

This would be pretty neat actually, mainly with the economic downturn there recently.
toasterintheoven
cuba
socceraggie
toasterintheoven wrote:
cuba

I think cuba would be too much like Vice City since they are stuck in the 80s because they can't import anything.
Flakky
I really like GTA4 but it needs more density. The city is quite detailed but I miss having secrets and surprising stuff such as GTA:SA. Just look at all the rumors on the web and fake videos. I would like GTA5 to be across 3 cities just like SA with different environments. And maybe GTA5 should have a motorway with long, straight roads for traveling huge areas.
ribozon
A ghetto hood would be great but we already have san andreas already. Vice city is old and would be great with new graphics and improved playability.

a new story in miami with ^ those options would be really great and i really would like to buy and play it Razz
smsmcfarland
I wish they could make GTA in my hometown but It would be a very short game... Maybe the mojave desert ;D?