FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What does friend mean to you?

Xaferrow
Hello all, i want to ask

What does friend mean to you?

For me, Friends are God's way of taking care of us

What about you?
bsbteng
If you're lonely
And need a friend
And troubles seem like
They never end,
Just remember to keep the Faith,
And Love will be there to Light the Way

Anytime you need a friend,
I will be here.
You'll never be alone again,
So don't you fear.
Even if you're miles away,
I'm by your side.
So don't you ever be lonely.
Love will make it alright.

When the shadows are closing in
And your Spirit deminishing,
Just remember you're not alone,
And Love will be there
To Guide you Home.
imera
Friend is something we think about, and smile. A friend is someone you are close to and can be yourself around, not worrying about looks or how stupid you are.
bchuminx
friends are like flowers in your garden of life, most will wither and fade away..but some will leave a foot print in your heart =D
mk12327
bchuminx wrote:
friends are like flowers in your garden of life, most will wither and fade away..but some will leave a foot print in your heart =D
I agree that friends are comparable to flowers.. In order for them to grow and blossom, you need to provide them with care and warmth. And once you start to neglect them, they will begin to wither and fade away.
mk12327
In life we'll meet lots of people, some will be close to us while others distant. Some are able to connect with us emotionally or share common interest. Basically people we meet are classified into different categories. Many people have the misconception that people whom they met are considered friends. The truth is far from it. When we just get to know someone, they are acquaintances whom we will only greet or smile when met on the street. Then there are classmates and colleagues in which we work together solely for the purpose of completing a task on hand. At most+go+out+for+meals+or+drinks+that's+all.+Next,+there+are+fair+weathered+friends+who+can+be+nice+and+helpful+when+all+is+well+but+disappears+when+things+go+wrong.+Only+true+friends+will+stand+by+you+regardless+of+weal+or+woe.
Xaferrow
mk12327 wrote:
bchuminx wrote:
I agree that friends are comparable to flowers.. In order for them to grow and blossom, you need to provide them with care and warmth. And once you start to neglect them, they will begin to wither and fade away.

Well, i quite disagree.

even if you neglect them, true friends will always by your side.

it happened to me when i have some kind of exam that made me far away from my friend. lost contact, etc. but, they can understand me. after the exam finished, we're still friend Very Happy
mk12327
Xaferrow wrote:
Well, i quite disagree. even if you neglect them, true friends will always by your side.
it happened to me when i have some kind of exam that made me far away from my friend. lost contact, etc. but, they can understand me. after the exam finished, we're still friend Very Happy
Well, it depends on your definition of friend. Most people, when lost contact for some time, would not be as close as before...
macky
Friend is someone you can lean on when your down and nowhere to go...
Friend is someone you can trust for your secrets
Friend is someone you can ask for help
Friend is someone will defend for you when your wrong
Friend is someone you can song with
Friend is someone will understand you...

So basically, what friend means in short is a person who will care for you and protect. They're like our sisters and brothers and sometimes they treated us good than to they're siblings and vice versa..

When your have a friend, care and protect them no matter what happen..Lets care them because they are the only people that can join us through storm and winter..
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Greatking
a friend is someone who is there for you when you need them and you there for them when they need you. not loving your fiend because of who he is and what he can give you. but for the sole reason of the fact that they are your friend. some freinds stick closer than a brother. there are friends who will die for one another. thats what friendship is about. that you take me in when i have no where to go. when i am hopeless you still call me your friend. you are not ashamed of me. you are willing to share what you have. never leaving me when everybody else deserts me.
kutekitten
I know this sounds weird, but I love my friends, different then the way I would love a boyfriend, but probably stronger. I'm 15, and being a teenager comes with the reliability on friends more than family, and I've been through the loneliness that comes when you feel like all your friends have suddenly left you (perhaps hormones? not sure, probably exaggerated feelings, but feelings nonetheless) and friends mean a lot to me. I once found myself in a conversation with a friend about another of my best friends and what would happen if she died (believe me, I have no idea how we got there) I swear I was crying afterward and I couldn't get myself to feel anything close to happy for the rest of that day, and the following day.
A friend is someone who is there to laugh or cry with you, to hold close when something happens, I once had a friend call me and couldn't even tell me what happened because she couldn't stop crying... we spent the weekend together, and even though exams were a week away, we didn't study a thing, we laughed and cried and spent the whole weekend watching chickflicks lol. That's what friends are, they aren't defined by much else but whether you can call them in the middle of the night and ball your eyes out Smile
Fanghai
a friend is someone who doesn't flip out on you for something you didn't do.
doesn't lie to you
and make up bull about being there for you when he's not
RubySlasher
A friend won't hurt me or use me. They like being around me, even if I'm completely silent.
andysart380
mk12327 wrote:
Xaferrow wrote:
Well, i quite disagree. even if you neglect them, true friends will always by your side.
Well, it depends on your definition of friend. Most people, when lost contact for some time, would not be as close as before...

i say he thinks of his classmate as a friend....you'll know years from now who that person really is or was
Denvis
To be general, a friend to me is somebody that can be there when I need their support or help. They are there to have a laugh with and most importantly, a friend is somebody that understands you.
Jaan
for me, friends are ****buddies, nice people who like to have some fun xD
Greatking
some friends sticker closer than a brother as the bible puts perfectly. freinds are to help when in need and to enjoy with u when all is well. friends dont judge they correct and understand and stand with u in times of great need. they dont destroy the build up. they love u very much so they would do anything to make u happy. they put themselves in ur shoes and treat you like they would want to be treated.
Parkour_Jarrod
Friend to me, is someone that you can bank on for anything in the world

If you need a place to hold out: Friend

If you need a hug or someones shoulder to cry one: Friend

If you need a wee bit o cash to get out of a tight spot: Friend

If you need someone to joke around with: Friend

If you need someone to help you at work or with school/uni: Friend

If you need anything on the planet: Friend

A friend is just a person you would have as a girlfriend/boyfriend but don't have the romantic feelings for. Somedays you might confuse it with romantic feelings but in reality it could just be thankfulness for having them.

Many men in the world start to feel gay because of these feelings. Society doesn't let the masculin population hug or things like that without being seen as gay, but... why not? its a friend and friends are the foundations of a relationship with the woman/man you love, they are there to talk to to rest on, they are your support.

All in all a friend, is a part of your soul, being carried by another.
sthwtproject
im not the person who should be talking about keeping friends.
Im really bad at maintaining friendship
Basically people who get you im assuming.
Some people who you can have a lot of fun with in the end. Rolling Eyes
Ophois
My brother is my best friend.
We have never been in a fight, not even an argument. There is just a sense of mutual respect that we have for each other. And love, of course. But also, friendship. I use my friendship with my brother as a barometer to judge all my other relationships to people.

He once told me, "Your 'best friend' is the friend that brings out the 'best' in you".
He brings out the best in me.
A friend should be someone who brings out the good in you, and inspires you to be better. Friendship takes work. If you want to be my friend, then you have to truly be my friend. You can't just sit back and expect me to be there, you have to be there as well. In that sense, friendship is not 'free' with me. But what it costs is something that will make you a better friend, as well as me. And the rewards are endless.
deanhills
Ophois wrote:
Friendship takes work. If you want to be my friend, then you have to truly be my friend. You can't just sit back and expect me to be there, you have to be there as well. In that sense, friendship is not 'free' with me. But what it costs is something that will make you a better friend, as well as me. And the rewards are endless.
Nice posting, thanks Ophois. I understand where you are coming from when you say "friendship takes work", but on the other hand, it has to be there in order to be worked at. Sometimes people may be doing hard work or worse, have expectations of the other person working hard at a "friendship" that really only exists in their imagination. Conversely, maybe someone may be of character and nature who cannot "work hard" at friendships. For example, they may be a recluse, or have personal limitations of a kind, yet this natural bond they have with the other person, and that is called friendship would endure anyway. I'm an expat and have been travelling most of my life. The real friends in my life have always continued to be my friends when I connect up with them, even in absence of "hard work". With very little effort. There are also times in friendship when "hard work" would be in the way, i.e. some friends do need space from time to time. I think real friendship is usually spontaneous and requires no effort or work at all.
Twotone
I think time is a good measure of friendship. Short term friendships come and go true friends are there for each other always. willing to, help, comfort, support and share things...good and bad.
A good friend is someone who understands and forgives.
I agree with comments written by the previous two posters ..."friendship needs work" and " it has to be there to be worked on"...
Friendship is a two way thing ...you cant have a friend if that person doesn't want to be a friend.
I think we should thank God (who ever your god maybe) for FRIENDS...we need them.
sochapter
Friends to me mean a lot of positive things. And I personally I divide friend relationships clearly in to buddies and friends.

Buddies are those guys who you see on the street and wave at and have a little chat about everyday things. Mostly how it's going and so on.

Friends are those guys who I regularly call and with who I can have a long discussion about any given topic at any given time. Friends(and ofc my gf) are those who give me a reason to get up in the morning. Buddies aren't. Friends are those who make me smile when I feel blue. Buddies aren't. Friends are those guys out there that you know for sure that think about you every day.

Greetings from Finland.

Sincererly, Tero.
deanhills
Someone I can spend hours with doing almost nothing, talking about everything, and still feel motivated to be in their company afterwards. Like two peas in the same pod.
azoundria
A term for a positive relationship, used to encourage further cooperation.
biljap
For me, a friend is something the most important and valuable in life you can have.
A friend is someone who is there for you always, someone you can always count on and who will never let you down, lie to you or hurt you. It is someone you need to hear, at least just to say hello. It is someone whit who you can share things that happens in your life and someone who can give to a good tip to help you not necessarily the one we like, but the one we need. It is someone we like to share our time with.
A friend is absolutely someone who is worth fighting for.
qtwaiter
Friends are around you when you are not happy, when you need help! Friends can share happy and said!
kelebek
think friend means that living the life together