FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How long can a digital camera battery sustain?

ex4ct
I finally got the chance to finish setting up my Canon "PowerShot" SD200 digital camera. It took 90 minutes to finish charging the Battery Pack NB-4L battery. Based on you folks' experience, how long will the battery sustain, before the next charge due? Is there like battery (for this camera brand) out there that perhaps runs a longer period of time?
JulianMovie
ex4ct wrote:
I finally got the chance to finish setting up my Canon "PowerShot" SD200 digital camera. It took 90 minutes to finish charging the Battery Pack NB-4L battery. Based on you folks' experience, how long will the battery sustain, before the next charge due? Is there like battery (for this camera brand) out there that perhaps runs a longer period of time?

I have both a Canon "PowerShot" (Digital ELPH) S100 and a S410. How long the battery will last depends mostally on wether or not you have the display on.

On a full charge, with the display off, mine will last for several hundred pictures (500-1000?) as long as I don't pre-view them too often. Note that I take many pictures, sometimes scores in a single day, so it does not do much stand-by time.

With the display on, I find that after only a good full day of using it, taking vidios etc, that it often wants to be recharged.

One of my biggest complaints about the ELPH series is the fact that they have no battery indiactor (90%, 62% etc.) it just starts to flash at you when you have a very small anmount of battery life left.

Hope this helped.