FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Should I upgrade my IPhone/IPodTouch software?

gandalfthegrey
Should I upgrade my IPhone/IPodTouch software?
Some people have told me it's not worth it unless you have an IPhone. I just have an IPod Touch.

Is there a cost to upgrading the software? As I bought mine just before the upgrade.
brokenadvice
I actually bought my touch a few days after the upgrade, so I am kinda a little mad I didn't get it. I am not upgrading, at least until 3.1 for a few reasons. The first is compatibility. Some applications still haven't upgraded to 3.0, and do not work. Secondly, my friend is developing a plugin for an app, so I am waiting until he has it working to change things on my end.

The only gain I can see for touch users is copy and paste, and for $10 I want a little more than that.

Edit: I upgraded a few days ago. In my opinion, it is definitely worth $10. Push notifications + TextPlus means free text messaging. Copy and paste is amazing, especially when you want to send just a bit of a page to somebody. Safari is marginally faster, and now has the ability to open links in new tabs (hold down on the link for a few seconds.) Most apps work with 3.0 and there are now a lot of 3.0 only games. A really cool one is TuneWiki. You can see lyrics of your songs as they play which is really cool. Overall it is definitely worth it.
weableandbob
I'd just stick with the software you have unless you feel like paying money for things that aren't that useful.
Hogwarts
weableandbob wrote:
unless you feel like paying money for things that aren't that useful.

We're talking about an Apple product here. I think that's the point.