FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

BlacknScape

BlacknRaven
BlacknScape is a runeScape Private server and no its not illegle if u dont sell anything or say that ur owner of runescape well im not and its very fun and awsome i update the game and website every day and yes it very fun try it out [url]BlacknSCape.frih.org[/url]
[FuN]goku
BlacknRaven wrote:
BlacknScape is a runeScape Private server and no its not illegle if u dont sell anything or say that ur owner of runescape well im not and its very fun and awsome i update the game and website every day and yes it very fun try it out [url]BlacknSCape.frih.org[/url]

You might want to think again, if you think they are not illegal

In 2 words : "Copyright Infringement"

But it's not so much the server itself that is illegal it's more so the actual content, and the client that has been modified in whatever way.

Usually what happens with ANY sort of private server , be it for Runescape, World of Warcraft, or whatever game, is that the server is written from scratch by someone who does some reverse engineering and/or packet sniffing, though there have been cases where binaries and sources have been leaked from the company, falling into the hands of emulator devs. An example of that would be Audition and Ragnarok Online.

Actually, you should probably read the TOS on Runescape's site:

Quote:

You must not reverse-engineer, decompile or modify any Jagex Product client software in any way (except to the extent allowed by applicable law). You must not use a modified/customised version of the client software or attempt to sub-license it. You must not create or provide any other means by which any Jagex Product may be played by others (including, without limitation, replacement or modified client/server software, server emulators).

Source: http://www.runescape.com/terms/terms.ws

Not sure about Jagex, but I know about Blizzard, and if they're anything like them , they could try to sue, but usually they issue a warning first, then if no action is taken they will go a step further.

Just thought I'd throw that out there so you don't get into trouble mate. Razz