FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PhpBB3 Forum Help

Ndogg
Ok, you know on the PhpBB forums, how on the top left it says: Board index : Which is a link to the main page of the forums. Does anyone know what file I need to look at inorder to Modify that text and Add a link there?
rvec
search for an overal_header.tpl or .php file in your theme dir. I think the link is made in there.
Ndogg
I got a overall header.html and its under template, is that the wrong thing. Thats where I thought it was located but I couldnt find it.
rvec
/forum/styles/subsilver2/template/overall_header.html
In that file you'll find the url if you have phpBB3
PleoMaster
I think its either in Index_body.tpl or overall_header.tpl i aint worked with phpbb in quite a while but if your still having trouble contact me ill help you work it out Smile
Ndogg
Ok, so I went to Overall_Header.html and found that the Board Index link is located in another file called BreadCrumbs.html. It didnt seem to complicated to add another link but like everything else, it never works, I cant see the link.

This is what I added:

Code:
      <td class="row2">
         <p class="breadcrumbs"><a href="">Home</a></p>
      </td>

For the Board index code, its the same thing, except the link and name are variables or w/e. {U_Index} & {L_Index}
Thats what I hate about this, everythings variables so now, does anyone know where those variables are located?
Ndogg
Ok, theres got to be something else wrong here, I just followed a very easy guide on how to do this and still nothing happened!
rvec
just replace the variables with your url, those variables aren't going to do anything if you just remove them.
And those variables are set in the scripts, you shouldn't edit that.
TomS
You have to flush the template-cache in the admin control panel, in order to see the changes, you made in the template files.
truespeed
Go to Administration Control Panel>Styles>Templates>Click on Refresh (Of which ever template your using) .

Any files you have edited will now show the updates.
Ndogg
Awesome! Thanks!