FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Blackberry Phone users on FriHost

andredesignz
I just want to know how many Blackberry Phone users on FriHost Forum.... You can also post the model you have.

I have the Blackberry Curve 8320 withh wi-fi
Parkour_Jarrod
I don't have a BlackBerry but my dad recently got one, (he lives in anotehr state to me) im not sure what model it is, all i know, is that its hilarious because he is the least technological person you could find....

He has trouble Using a normal phone, let alone a blackberry *sigh* Confused

It was funny, he was telling me about him trying to set the font by typing:

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

but it came up as

The quick brow beaten brown fox jumped over the lazy god. Laughing Laughing
deanhills
andredesignz wrote:
I just want to know how many Blackberry Phone users on FriHost Forum.... You can also post the model you have.

I have the Blackberry Curve 8320 withh wi-fi
I don't own a Blackberry, but am curious why people would use one? What does it have that one of these high-end cell phones with blue tooth etc can't provide?
Vrythramax
@deanhills

I'm not exactly sure what more they have to offer than many of the newer models, but I'm pretty sure they were one of the forerunners in portable PIM's (Personal Information Managers), and allegedly they are very easy to use.

I know a few people who use them and they are pretty lost without them. Myself...I don't trust any piece of hand-held hardware with any information that I can't afford to just write off due to breakage, theft, or plain old mechanical breakdown.
standready
Sorry, I don't have a "crack"berry. lol
mathiaus
I support all of the BlackBerrys at work (Curve 8310 & BES) though I don't have one myself. Try and figure that one out!

I do have my own personal iPhone though which my purpose is much better Very Happy
Vrythramax
mathiaus wrote:
... I do have my own personal iPhone though which my purpose is much better Very Happy

awww...your purpose here is always better than anything work (blech) could offer...except for actual money that is. Wink
goutha
I don't have a blackberry. Comparing the iPhone and Blackberry, it's hard to tell which is the best. It depends on what you want to do. But, basically, for me a Blackberry is for professional purpose, and it should be paid by your company Smile
iPhone is for fun, and you should pay for it.
Raidation
@goutha: Add the Samsung Blackjack II to that. That's also getting really popular.
deanhills
Vrythramax wrote:
@deanhills

I'm not exactly sure what more they have to offer than many of the newer models, but I'm pretty sure they were one of the forerunners in portable PIM's (Personal Information Managers), and allegedly they are very easy to use.

I know a few people who use them and they are pretty lost without them. Myself...I don't trust any piece of hand-held hardware with any information that I can't afford to just write off due to breakage, theft, or plain old mechanical breakdown.
I know Smile Ditto for me. Life is complicated enough. I believe however that people who do a lot of client services on the road could benefit. Such as investment consultants etc. And I imagine that at the beginning of the next day they can download/synchronize info. Contacts and contact histories are everything to them. But for personal use, I can't see the sense of it.
SpellcasterDX
I have a BlackBerry just for fun. Of course I don't use it for business (only 15, lol) but I liked it and got it. Though of course it doesn't have internet.
goutha
Raidation wrote:
@goutha: Add the Samsung Blackjack II to that. That's also getting really popular.

I never tested it. Did you?
Raidation
I have a Blackjack II.
Where I live, a lot of people have it.
airh3ad
i have my ipod touch my old black berry that not working with wi-fi. i used it to check mails and read some blogs here in frihost when i got free internet connection.
redslazers
i have a blackberry storm , i hate the fact that it dosnt have wiki but its really fast fro typeing and reading emails which is cool, plus there wasnt really another option for my needs becuase i dont like iphones but i wanted touch screen phone that felt solid
ankitdatashn
dont have a blackberry, I guess my communicator is enough, better still then the communicator I guess my nokia 3110c is the best, only thing missing is wi-fi and rest is what I can say gem of a mobile phone.
missdixy
I've got the flip and I love it! I just wish I could afford the web/data plan for it since I'm sure that would make it even more awesome to own! But I do have a few games that I downloaded on there that keep me busy on the train or bus so Very Happy
Vrythramax
missdixy wrote:
... I do have a few games that I downloaded on there that keep me busy on the train or bus so Very Happy

dixy, you should be studying while on the train or bus, not playing games. Shame on you...now hand over the blackberry Twisted Evil
ssweat
I just got the curve 8900 its awesome. I got the 8520 a few days ago which was nice but I found out it didnt have the GPS and had a lower resolution screen, so I returned it in exchange for the 8900 I did like the new trackpad on the 8520 and wish the 8900 had it also but i am willing to scrifice for the better equipment
ssweat
just got my first blackberry the 8900 and must say they are quite impressive with a free turn by turn navigation system it also replaces my GPS that was stolen from my jeep a few months back. Tmobile cost with 2 year renewal/subscription is $150 but if you get it through crackberry.com you can get it practically free. I tried the new 8520 curve but it had no GPS and low resolution so I returned it for the better phone. Note the 8520 has a new optical trackpad vs the trackball which was very cool.
soljarag
I used to have a blackberry pearl.... It was my first smart phone and I loved it! then sprint came out with the Palm Pearl. About that time, they also came out with the new blackberry tour. My dad got the new BB first, and after i got to playing with it, it didnt have the WOW factor that the palm pre had... It just seemed like my old "pearl" with new icons..

so I went with the palm pre, and I love it! although i do miss that trackball!!
Fatality
I don't have a Blackberry nor will I be getting one soon, however my place of work is going to be issuing all of the employees new iPhones. I know they're not the same, but they are similar. I'm pretty excited.