FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Have you ever got it before

andredesignz
I got it once, what about u?

Chickenpox is caused by a virus called the varicella-zoster virus (varicella is the medical name for chickenpox).

Chickenpox is a mild but highly infectious disease that most children catch at some point. It is most common to catch the disease between March and May. It takes 10-21 days for the symptoms to show after you have come into contact with the virus. This is called the 'incubation period'.

Chickenpox is most common in children who are between two and eight years of age, although you can develop chickenpox at any age. You are infectious from about two days before the rash appears until roughly five days after. Therefore you or your child should stay at home until all of the blisters have fully crusted over, and this usually happens five to seven days after the first blister appears. After the last blister has burst and crusted over, you are no longer infectious.

Chickenpox spreads via tiny droplets of saliva and nasal mucus in sneezes and coughs from an infected person. The virus is already in these droplets, which is why it spreads so fast.

Once you have had chickenpox, you will very rarely catch chickenpox for a second time. This is because your body develops immunity to the chickenpox virus, which stops you from becoming re-infected.
Vrythramax
Please post in the appropriate forum.

-moved- to Health and Beauty