FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nvidia 9600gt or ATI 4670

zhaoyun
i want to buy PCIe graphics card, but i am confusing to choose so many video card mode.

now i only have 2 option to buy, because i ve already made decision buy 9600gt or 4670 ?

so anyone can help me to choose which one PCIe graphics card is better ?

thanks
william
Well, performance differences between the two is minimal, but I would go with ATI's HD4670 over the 9600 GT simply because the HD4670 consumes less power, while giving roughly the same performance. The 9600 GT does tend to have an edge at higher resolutions (above 1440x900 or 1280x1024), and the HD4670 has an advantage when it comes to AA.

However, if you actually plan on gaming, you could spend a little bit more and get something that will be quite a bit better, and there are deals on and off that often make both the HD4670 and 9600 GT irrelevant. But out of those two, I'd say the HD4670 is the way to go.
weableandbob
I'd go with the 4670, although I recommend the 4850 if your computer can handle it and you have $150. It's a great card for the price, will run most games on max settings at 1280 x 1024, and runs pretty cool.
Donutey
weableandbob wrote:
I'd go with the 4670, although I recommend the 4850 if your computer can handle it and you have $150. It's a great card for the price, will run most games on max settings at 1280 x 1024, and runs pretty cool.

You can find a 4850 for ~$USD100 now (Heck, I got mine for $130 6 months ago...), it's a very good deal for that price. If you are planning on running games at a high resolution (1920x1200 or 1680x1050 for example) a 4850 with 1GB RAM would be another excellent choice.
william
Agreed with the two previous posters. The HD4850 will give you much better value, and something you really should look into if you're into GPU intensive applications. The main reason to avoid it is if your power supply can't handle it, but other than that, it is the way to go.
no0b
HD4860 = better for money value..
eshazz
Personally, ATi is probably the better card. Although the nVidia wouldn't be bad either.
eshazz
I would probably recommend the ATi over the nVidia but overall they are both good cards.
8166UY
At the moment Ati has more bang for bucks. It might be different in a year, but they outperform every NVidia card at the same price now.