FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Assassin's Creed II

anakin_skyrunner
Hello frihost gamers!

At E3 Ubisoft announced the sequel of Assassin's Creed. It will feature a new protagonist, Ezio, instead of Altair. Desmond will remain as a character but what I've read is that we will be able to do more with him.

The whole game is set in Italy in the year 1486 (Renaissance). It will be released in North America on November 17, 2009 and in the rest of the world on November 20 for PCs, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

There will be a special collectors edition called the Black Box, with three special missions at special locations (Palazzo dei Medici for example), the soundtrack and more.

More information can be found here:
official website
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_II]wikipedia article[/url]

What do you think of it? Are you going to buy it? Have you played the prequel? What do you expect?

Looking forward to your responses Smile
Spartan
I definitely have played the prequel, and I definitely will buy this. I honestly loved the first one, the whole concept of it. Assassin's Creed 2 is even more! The setting in this one, in my opinion, is cooler than the prequel's. I hope this unravels some of the mysteries that were at the end of AC 1, which makes me wonder how exactly desmond will be a little more involved.

Have you seen the 4-minute game footage and the cinematic? I liked them both, and the ending of the cinematic was so epic, increasing my want of this game, and makes me attached to Ezio as the main character. Just YouTube the videos, you'll definitely enjoy them.
blk3
Planning on playing this and also the first game, when I buy a console this Dec. I haven't decided if PS3 or Xbox 360 yet.
driftingfe3s
I'd love to play Assassin's Creed 2 just to see what happens. I found the story to be pretty interesting but I hope they won't stretch so that there will be an Assassin Creed 3.

I hope there will be more cool assassination techniques, weapons, etc. But not only that I hope they will improve upon the game play. I would hate it if it was basically the same game with a few new moves, new characters, in a new setting.
Spartan
blk3 wrote:
Planning on playing this and also the first game, when I buy a console this Dec. I haven't decided if PS3 or Xbox 360 yet.

I recommend you look at different interesting exclusives on both, I had quite some trouble choosing myself.
Phinx
Will definitely try the game. I enjoyed the first part to the fullest and the sequel seems to have good improvements, for example, now there will be a hidden knife on both hands or water becomes a usual escape route. I already saw several game play trailers and there will be new moves and combos, for example, a double assassination.
amperx
will definitely play it as well, its just so cool, and innovative game style, hope they add more techs and a wider plot, though i don't mind playing assasinscreed 3 if it will be possible, i want that crossbow gun, in the opening to be in the game, xd
anakin_skyrunner
Spartan wrote:
[...]The setting in this one, in my opinion, is cooler than the prequel's. I hope this unravels some of the mysteries that were at the end of AC 1, which makes me wonder how exactly desmond will be a little more involved.

Have you seen the 4-minute game footage and the cinematic? [...]

Yeah, Italy is a great setting, and I'm very fond of the renaissance as well *g* I've been several times to Italy and Venice as well and I can't wait any longer to climb around all those buildings and standing on top of that great city.
It's said that we (the players) will meet other assassins apart from Lucy, and there were rumors of Desmond running on a roof, fleeing from his "prison".
Of course I've seen them - as soon as they were released Smile Cool thing is that Leonardo da Vinci will be Ezio's friend and helping hand. I loved the sequence with the flying machine btw.

driftingfe3s wrote:
I'd love to play Assassin's Creed 2 just to see what happens. I found the story to be pretty interesting but I hope they won't stretch so that there will be an Assassin Creed 3.

I hope there will be more cool assassination techniques, weapons, etc. But not only that I hope they will improve upon the game play. I would hate it if it was basically the same game with a few new moves, new characters, in a new setting.

Actually it was set up as a trilogy and the third game is set to be released two years after this one (don't remember where I read that), that's why the first game ended so weird with all those signs and symbols and, yeah, nothing. No shocking end really, which made it cool again B)

As others have posted you will be able to kill with two blades at the same time. There are now several types of soldiers like seekers who will search in hay wagons (of course you can make a counter attack *g*) And you'll be able to disarm soldiers and use their weapons against them as seen in several videos. And Ezio will have a gun, but only with one emergency bullet. Actually I'd hate this game if it became a shooter, but I'm fine with this solution.
Spartan
Oh yeah, stealing weapons is cool too. It's also been revealed that there are about 30 weapons in the game, so I'm quite interested.
ticktacktoe
To be honest I came into the first game looking only for the story, but stayed in for the gameplay. Agreed the gameplay did tend to get very repetitive, but once I finished the game I realised how much I missed it!

driftingfe3s wrote:
I hope there will be more cool assassination techniques, weapons, etc.

Haven't you seen the gameplay footage? They've introduced dual hidden blade techniques with multiple stealth assasination modes, and also added a free-form fighting system where you can pick up weapons dropped by enemies. Think of the changes made from Sands of Time to Warrior Within.

Phinx wrote:
or water becomes a usual escape route.

Yeah, I was always pissed in the first game that you are supposed to be such a physically gifted person but you can't even swim. I'm glad they've fixed that in this version.

Can't wait to get my hands on this one. Heck, forget making it in 3 parts, as long as they keep it interesting I don't care how many parts they make it into!
anakin_skyrunner
ticktacktoe wrote:
To be honest I came into the first game looking only for the story, but stayed in for the gameplay. Agreed the gameplay did tend to get very repetitive, but once I finished the game I realised how much I missed it!

[...]

Can't wait to get my hands on this one. Heck, forget making it in 3 parts, as long as they keep it interesting I don't care how many parts they make it into!

I always like the relaxing dialogs after a great battle/kill. You knew, ok, after I assassin this man I have to flee and after that I can enjoy some dialog, I didn't think that it was boring at all...

Actually I'm glad they continue the series as I'm just keen to know how the story ends after that weird ending of the first game...
blk3
Spartan wrote:
blk3 wrote:

I recommend you look at different interesting exclusives on both, I had quite some trouble choosing myself.

I decided to go for the Pc version instead, since most people say the PC version is good too. And since I already have a PC to begin with.
fullmetalalki
but i do wonder what the system requirements would be for such a game as Assasin's Creed. It's usually pretty taxing.
driftingfe3s
Looks like Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines (only for Sony PSP) will be the only game that links the story line between Assassin's Creed 1 and 2! I think that's ridiculous, because i don't have a PSP! The story is what kept me playing the first game and now I won't know what happens in between he two games?

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/16/assassins-creed-bloodlines-is-the-only-game-that-connects-ac/
anakin_skyrunner
Just for those interested, in addition to the Black Box (Ultimate Collectors Edition) Ubisoft now offers a White Box at a much lower price.

There is enough news floating on various pages, I just picked out one:
http://games.on.net/article/6561/Assassins_Creed_II_-_Collectors_Edition_revealed
jumanji
amperx wrote:
will definitely play it as well, its just so cool, and innovative game style, hope they add more techs and a wider plot, though i don't mind playing assasinscreed 3 if it will be possible, i want that crossbow gun, in the opening to be in the game, xd

downloading it now 23 percent
Vladalf
The oriental setting from Assassin's Creed 1 really attracted me but when I learnt about all that plot thing with those scientists and the memory machine it really put me off. I'll follow Assassin's Creed 2 development with interest atleast.
~Vlad
anakin_skyrunner
jumanji wrote:
amperx wrote:

What exactly are you downloading??
enygmasoft
anakin_skyrunner wrote:
jumanji wrote:
amperx wrote:

What exactly are you downloading??

This is all amazingly great fun since assasins creed part one was amazing. Everything was amazingly well done
sourojit
Getting real experience playing this game .
anakin_skyrunner
Some more news I would like to share with you guys:

There are great interviews available with Danny Wallace who speaks a new character in this lovely game. Head over to assassinscreed.com to watch them:
interview 1
interview 2
Can't wait to hear the historian in the game!

If you haven't noticed, there exists a AC2 Widget where you can - next to other cool things - listen to some music from the game. Just click the little thingy in the upper-right hand corner and solve the little puzzle.
click here for the widget

A new video has been released on the German page gamestar.de, it's worth to watch it even if you can't understand German.
go to gamestar.de
It reminds me a bit of Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia *g* More for the good than for the bad.
weableandbob
It looks absolutely awesome, although I don't know how good the PC version will be =/
awazdohamko2004
i loved the first part .. when is the pc version of the game lainching
awazdohamko2004
i saw the trailer video ... does he have a gun this time ... i am waiting for the release of this game .. actually my graphics card does not support this game .. i will play on my room mates pc
andysart380
assassins creed two is supposed to be a lot less repetitive the first one was great really cool game but the same crap over and over ..number two looks awesome..anyone pre order?
anakin_skyrunner
Another vid, just for you =)

youtube - AC2 gameplay trailer
enygmasoft
anakin_skyrunner wrote:
Another vid, just for you =)

youtube - AC2 gameplay trailer

Well assassins creed was amazingly good times for all.I had a blast passing it.
anakin_skyrunner
Ubisoft will be at the Tokyo Game Show (taking place this weekend) presenting the following games:

Assassin's Creed 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction

I guess there will be many pieces of information at this event, so stay tuned!!

http://expo.nikkeibp.co.jp/tgs/2009/en/
blk3
Hope there is simultaneous release for the console and PC version too.
anakin_skyrunner
blk3 wrote:
Hope there is simultaneous release for the console and PC version too.

Nay, there won't be Sad Sorry to disappoint, but unfortunately the PC version will be released in the first quarter of 2010 - about 3-4 months after the XBox 360 and PS3 release.
rogue_skydragon
I played the first Assassin's Creed and can honestly say that the second one definitely has a lot to live up to. But judging from the trailers and screencaps I've seen, there shouldn't be any problem in terms of meeting the first one's standards. ACII is gonna be awesome! It's in Venice!
Star Wars Fanatic
I pre-ordered it at Gamestop the other day, comes with an exclusive in-game level.
Can't wait for it.
I loved the first one so much, even with all the repetitiveness.

Has anyone played the Assassin's Creed games on the DS, PSP, or iPhone? They actually look pretty good.
achowles
I haven't played the prequel as, from what I've heard, the gameplay wasn't exactly their foremost consideration. I appreciate the attention to detail they put into the historical accuracy of the cities. But when the game itself is repetitive it's not quite so appealing.

For that reason I'll have to wait and see what people think of the sequel before I buy it. Even then, the black editions seem ludicrously expensive. Even with the figurine. The fact that they're cutting out content from the standard release to bolster the special editions is also off-putting.

But still, you never know. It might be a great game.
DeViL-WaR
this game must by best
anakin_skyrunner
DeViL-WaR wrote:
this game must by best

It definitely will be!

It's such a pity that the PC version will be released later ... again Sad will be hard not to watch or read walkthroughs and such...
go0gle
Can't wait for it!
anakin_skyrunner
I'm sure someone here has an XBox 360 or PS3 - how is it?

I watched the first 5 videos of an online walkthrough cause I was so curious xD
If anyone wants to watch them too, here is the link to the first one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7BbZUo5ncg

Spoil yourself Wink
ponda
Hello frihost gamers!

At E3 Ubisoft announced the sequel of Assassin's Creed. It will feature a new protagonist, Ezio, instead of Altair. Desmond will remain as a character but what I've read is that we will be able to do more with him.

The whole game is set in Italy in the year 1486 (Renaissance). It will be released in North America on November 17, 2009 and in the rest of the world on November 20 for PCs, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

There will be a special collectors edition called the Black Box, with three special missions at special locations (Palazzo dei Medici for example), the soundtrack and more.

official website

What do you think of it? Are you going to buy it? Have you played the prequel? What do you expect?

--------

My boyfriend bought it and I thought it was pretty awesome. They're already talking about the third one...I hope it's a girl assassin!!
anakin_skyrunner
ponda wrote:
Hello frihost gamers!

official website

--------

My boyfriend bought it and I thought it was pretty awesome. They're already talking about the third one...I hope it's a girl assassin!!

Yeah I can't wait to play it myself ... in March Mad
But I don't think that it will feature a female assassin.

BTW, there is a quote function in the upper right-hand corner Wink
todabeat
i played for the ps3

and i got to say i cant wait for the third instalment
anakin_skyrunner
googleorkutbr wrote:
sou brasil naum sei esta lingua
queria que alguem falasse brasileiro

Err, do you know the definition of "Spam"?
And it's good that you like the game (I think) but pls, this is an English speaking forum...
driftingfe3s
I just started playing Assassin's Creed 2 yesterday. I got it for the xbox 360. So far I am liking the game. Looks like they improved it a bit from the first Assassin's Creed. From what I've played the new things are ou can now buy and upgrade things like armor and weapons. But other than that I haven't seen anything else new in the game yet, but I haven't played much into it yet. The story seems as interesting as the first assassin's creed, with all the conspiracies and stuff. I'm sure the game will get better as I continue and unlock more weapons and stuff.

Update: Just beat the game a few days ago, and I'd have to say it was pretty fun. There was a lot less tedious missions compared to the first. Stuff like races and assasination jobs that don't really tie into the story line are optional. The puzzles that you have to solve to solve "the truth" are a fun addition as well. Overall the game is a great improvement over the first and was much more fun to play.