FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

AMD or INTEL

Betboy
Which Processor would you prefer. Which is better.I remember reading something about Intel vs AMD and it turns out Intel processor uses less energy and is faster than AMD processors.
Besides, in the beginning, AMD was a cheap copy of Intel .but which is better???/
metalfreek
I would go for intel when it comes to precessors. Intel has the best processors. But regarding motherboard I would go for MSI.
lethaltriad
My previous setup had an AMD in there and now i'm Using an Intel processor. Never really had any problems with the AMD apart from heating issues which i'm sure they have resolved by now as i've had my AMD system about 4 years ago. I decided to go with Intel for the PC I have now because they had a slightly faster CPU and also because I heard in terms of compatibility there are fewer problems with Intel chips.

Main thing is to do some research on the Processor and motherboard you plan on buying and see what users have to say about the combo of both incase there are known issues.

AMD in general is cheaper but not really by much if your gonna update your pc every 2-3 years. I would go for the Intel as well.
[FuN]goku
A few years ago, I'd probably say AMD, but nowadays Intel seem to be doing pretty good, so I'd probably go with one of them.
mOrpheuS
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-21699.html

Please search before starting new topics.

-close-