FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nameservers

cemica
Hi!

I want to change my domain nameservers, but I can't. If I've filled the form and click check (checks, is it all right) and then IT's says, that "Can't resolve nameserver name". Hopefully everyone understand, what these errors mean, because I translated from my language to English.

Information from my e-mail:
NS1: ns1.frihost.org
NS1 IP: 216.32.85.170
NS2: ns2.frihost.org
NS2 IP: 216.32.85.171

And these NSs doesn't work. Maybe someone knows what is wrong?

Thanks!
Bondings
Which registrar do you use? This seems weird considering everything is setup correctly (or at least seems to be).
cemica
So, It's my own country's webpage, where I can request free domain name. Webpage: http://www.eenet.ee. Form: http://www3.eenet.ee/cgi/ee/taotlus.rb?dom=pri. But I thought, I'll send a mail and maybe they can change it manually. But I think too, that's all right with this, because a made a copy-paste and there can't be mistake with IP-s or URL-s.

EDIT: Is ISP www.frihost.org? Or something else? Maybe is mistake with that?
rvec
maybe it just takes a couple of hours/days for the change to take effect?
cemica
OK!
I sent a message to change nameservers manually by them and watch, what they response.
Bondings
Let's hope they change the nameserver for you or at least give some more information about why it doesn't work.

What could be the case (but hopefully not and not very likely) is that the domain is only allowed to be hosted in Estonia.

Otherwise it could be an error on either their or our side.

By the way, normally you only need to fill in ns1.frihost.org and ns2.frihost.org, not the ip addresses or anything else.
cemica
Domain can't be hosted only in Estonia, because I've hosted my domain in 000webhost.com and I think, this server is located in US.
But yesterday I sent a mail to know what is wrong and maybe they can change nameservers manually.
If I get mail from them, then I post here, what they said.
cemica
They said:
"Frihost.org has missing A record. Frihost.org doesn't have defined IP-addresses, thus they are not identifiable on the Internet. These can be done by the frihost.org domain administrator: hostmaster@frihost.org. However, it seems that your Internet service provider is not reliable,
if it doesn't have the most basic technical parameters. "

Hopefully you understand this text, because I translated this to English and my English isn't the best.

But are you able to define IP-addresses or not? Big thanks, if you are Very Happy !
Bondings
cemica wrote:
They said:
"Frihost.org has missing A record. Frihost.org doesn't have defined IP-addresses, thus they are not identifiable on the Internet. These can be done by the frihost.org domain administrator: hostmaster@frihost.org. However, it seems that your Internet service provider is not reliable,
if it doesn't have the most basic technical parameters. "

Hopefully you understand this text, because I translated this to English and my English isn't the best.

But are you able to define IP-addresses or not? Big thanks, if you are Very Happy !

This seems very weird. It could of course always be that there is a misconfiguration, but I just checked and there is certainly an A record for frihost.org, pointing to the main ip address of the server.

Can you try if changing it to ns1.frih.org and ns2.frih.org works? If yes, then I can create an account for you on Server 3.

Otherwise, if that doesn't work either, I would suggest to try using http://freedns.afraid.org/ . Create an account, point the nameserver to their nameservers and add the domain there. Then use FreeDNS to point the domain to our server.
cemica
ns1.frih.org 64.92.163.26
ns2.frih.org 64.92.163.27
Are these right?

I think they are, because I filled the form again and there wasn't this error anymore, like it was with other nameservers. Only error was, that nameserver can't give information about my domain, but it disappear, when I register my domain in this site. So, I'm very thankful, if you can creat account for me on server 3. Very Happy
And now it looks like, the problem is solved. Smile
Bondings
I have created an account on server 3 for you. Please check your pm and email for the details.