FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My cat and dog

Betboy
I have a cat for 3 years,nowadays my uncle presented me a dog ,I'm get puzzled .because im afiaid they will be conflict,as we all know,I don't want to make them injured~~~how can i do it
evangeline
I've a dog and cat and they never litigate Smile
evangeline
zip (dog) and fruffy (cat). both are female .. very graceful Smile
natilovesmike
well, when you introduce the dog to the cats make sure you have him on a leash, so he doesn't run off to get the cats. Try to be relaxed and DO NOT yanked on the leash if the dog tries to go after the cats. have lots of good things (treats) for the cats and the dog and make sure you give them the treats when they are being friendly. If you can get the help of a friend on the introduction day that would be helpful, so one can hold the dog while the other gives out treats.

If you think the dog and the cat will have problems, call a dog/cat trainer for professional help. But make sure the trainer uses positive reinforcement and NOT punishment (as in choke chains, shock collars, etc).

Good luck!
desonium
Is the dog you gained a puppy or a grown-up?
Because when it is puppy he or she will be in no time good friends with the cats, because he gets used to them.
I have no experiences with adult dogs. Cool
Mihkel
I have them both. I'm very happy about that. Dog is 5 years old and at probably 8 or 9. I even don't know that. Both are female and they are playing each other. Sometimes dog gets mad to cat but it's still cool Wink .
atul2242
I found that both learn from each other.
It helps if they are physically similar, then both give space to each other.
I' ve had both and so do a number of friends...
Take care and enjoy.