FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is your favorite FTP client?

Betboy
What is your favorite FTP client? flashxp or cuteFTP FTP Voyager or other~~`
foreverdestiny
FileZilla.
anakin_skyrunner
foreverdestiny wrote:
FileZilla.

Yap, I love this one too.
rockacola
FileZilla FTW
[FuN]goku
Usually, i just use the Command line ftp tool in windows. Can't really say i've used an ftp client on linux, but, as far as downloadable clients go... Probably CoreFTP or FileZilla, though i used to use SmartFTP
welshsteve
I have been using FileZilla for quite a while now.
iamvirus
i think fireftp in my firefox is fit for us
mlima
cuteFTP!

Used filezilla but didnt like that much, but its good for a freeware.
adri
I use FileZilla but also CoreFTP. Smile

Adri
mattit
Cyberduck and FileZilla.
rvec
moved because this isn't web software
Ghost Rider103
I use FileZilla also.

I've tried a few other FTP's, but for me FileZilla was the easiest and most reliable. It also has a clean look to it, and that's what I like.
Da Rossa
Fileziila is the way. No need for anything else. And its opensource and free, which is even better. Light and pratical.
aningbo
why dont u just use the default ftp server?

type the address and voila!

i always use the default server. makes me stay away from all these unnecessary softwares. Twisted Evil
sondosia
I love Filezilla!

And, apparently, so does everyone else in this forum. Very Happy
Ryox
FillaZilla! <3
silverdown
I use coreftp PRO since i got a key for it free from a friend who did pay for it!
eshazz
I tried using FileZilla, but it didn't work so i decided to use CoreFTP. But now I have got FileZilla working and I normally use it.
arnaw_kumar
Filezilla definitely. But some of my friends use aceftp.I also use net2ftp.com sometimes in cyber-cafes.
deanhills
aningbo wrote:
why dont u just use the default ftp server?

type the address and voila!

i always use the default server. makes me stay away from all these unnecessary softwares. Twisted Evil
This is an interesting idea. I like it. How does one type the address, i.e. are there dollar signs involved, can you write a line as an illustration?
Beny
I think FileZilla is im using it 24-7 never turns off. I Love FileZilla because it updates automaticly and is realy fast and free.

- Beny
soljarag
i used to use CuteFTP, but ever since i found FileZilla, I switched to that
joostvane
Filezilla and the Dreamweaver-buildin one for my sites. =D
chartcentral
I use FTP Surfer. Smile
sreservoir
ncftp

It works.
jayzee
foreverdestiny wrote:
FileZilla.

FileZilla is the best. Very Happy
halilibo
I am using FireFTP on Firefox and i am very happy with my FireFTP. SmileSmile
JPonsen
foreverdestiny wrote:
FileZilla.

That's right Razz
Ryox
JPonsen wrote:
foreverdestiny wrote:
FileZilla.

That's right Razz

You sure said it ^_^
Radar
In the world of Mac, Cyberduck. Nice, simple, and does all that I want for the moment.
Alaskacameradude
I've used Cyberduck and it's good......and FREE! Other Mac FTP programs that are good are
Transmit and Fetch.
awazdohamko2004
I prefer on line ftp client like net2ftp ... it takes less time uploading archive files which expand automatically rather that uploading single files manually .. considering desktop client i prefer filezilla
mgeek
I am using Total Commander for transferring files. But when I have to change the properties of files -- CHMod them -- I use the free AceFTP
shark123
FileZilla is still the best for me.
b4r4t
I'm using FileZilla, but not so much now, because when You have cPanel hosting You just upload one ZIP and then extract - any FTP client can do that.
And for editing ... I prefeer notepad++ with FTP plugin ... I can edit my files directly on server Smile
Jean-Clod
FileZilla too, just great, but also the "integrated" windows (you know, My Computer, Network Places?), for seamless OS integration ! (I just learned this one on the French forum, thanks to beletteenragee)
sigT
The basic client /usr/bin/ftp has been quite sufficient. It's a linux console app that supports all the low-level ftp commands.
ezekiel_rage
I use Filezilla both on windows and on Linux.

I've been using this for several years now.

Every new release just gets better and better.
xcelilx
I use FlashPeak BlazeFTP Smile

This is not bad Smile
traxion
FlashFXP, easy and good
biljap
I like using Core FTP Lite, or built-in ftp client of Total Commander, for example, because I use it 100% of my time working on computer.
angfrayle
I like CoffeeCup FTP because it allows me to edit pages straight from the server.
digall
I like cute ftp and filezilla.Currently i'm using filezilla
HalfBloodPrince
I use FileZilla. I can't even remember using any other program. I might try the Notepad++ plugin thing to edit files directly on the server because saving/uploading every time gets annoying Razz