FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Have any 100 calorie meal recipes?

jwellsy
I'm trying to eat a little bit every 2 or 3 hours. To do this I need to limit most of these mini meals to about 100 calories. I would prefer to to keep the carbs down and the proteins up to about 10 grams. EAS does have a carb control drink that has 110 calories, 4 carbs and 17 grams of protein. They work pretty good for a snack.

Preplanning seems to be essential to eating this way. So, I'm looking for 100 calorie recipes.
furtasacra
Check out hungry-girl.com - it's not a diet site, it's all about eating as much yummy food as possible, for as few calories as possible. There are recipes, and honest reviews of low-calorie pre-prepared foods. There's even a recipe for 150-calorie Fettucine Alfredo, and it's actually good!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=1330
Ashtray
furtasacra wrote:
Check out hungry-girl.com - it's not a diet site, it's all about eating as much yummy food as possible, for as few calories as possible. There are recipes, and honest reviews of low-calorie pre-prepared foods. There's even a recipe for 150-calorie Fettucine Alfredo, and it's actually good!

I had never seen that website, and I was really surprised to see it had some really nice and healthy recipes! Also, it's got varierty! I ought to try one of those and then tell you what was it about Smile.
deanhills
Ricotta cheese is a very healthy fast food. You can measure it to the calories you limit yourself, together with some fruit. Cottage cheese also works well, as you can have much more than ricotta cheese, together with fruit for the 100 calories limit. Boiled eggs can also work well. As well as those tiny tuna tins with packed tuna in them. Smoked salmon should work well too.
Vrythramax
deanhills wrote:
Ricotta cheese is a very healthy fast food. You can measure it to the calories you limit yourself, together with some fruit. Cottage cheese also works well, as you can have much more than ricotta cheese, together with fruit for the 100 calories limit. Boiled eggs can also work well. As well as those tiny tuna tins with packed tuna in them. Smoked salmon should work well too.

Shocked You don't mix all of that together do you??? I mean, individually they are all very good, I'd even throw yogurt into the scheme...but all together on one dish.......

whoa Silenced
deanhills
Vrythramax wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Shocked You don't mix all of that together do you??? I mean, individually they are all very good, I'd even throw yogurt into the scheme...but all together on one dish.......

whoa Silenced
Laughing Laughing Laughing Yeahhh that would be interesting to mix it all. I don't eat those myself right now, they were just ideas that occurred to me for the person who was looking for 100 calorie snacks. My food of the moment are enormous salads, tinned wild red salmon, lettuce, tomato onion and a nice italian dressing. I also like to make smoothies with frozen berries, honey, ground flax seeds, low fat kefir and some Vitamin C. I do watch what I eat, but am more into quality of food than calories. I also don't like to mix proteins, sort of stick with mono proteins mixed with some carbohydrate and fat. I also like scrambled eggs made with organic coconut oil. I change all the time, but for the moment this is my average fare. Smile
Vrythramax
deanhills wrote:
... My food of the moment are enormous salads, tinned wild red salmon, lettuce, tomato onion and a nice italian dressing. I also like to make smoothies with frozen berries, honey, ground flax seeds, low fat kefir and some Vitamin C. I do watch what I eat, but am more into quality of food than calories.

Well, now I know what to get you for your birthday...treebark, berries, fish, and maybe some fresh ground scrub brush. With all due respect your diet sounds like it would give a druid the shivers Laughing
deanhills
Vrythramax wrote:
deanhills wrote:
... My food of the moment are enormous salads, tinned wild red salmon, lettuce, tomato onion and a nice italian dressing. I also like to make smoothies with frozen berries, honey, ground flax seeds, low fat kefir and some Vitamin C. I do watch what I eat, but am more into quality of food than calories.

Well, now I know what to get you for your birthday...treebark, berries, fish, and maybe some fresh ground scrub brush. With all due respect your diet sounds like it would give a druid the shivers Laughing
Nahhh .... for my birthday I prefer Whiskey soda and ice, and some good laughs. Laughing
furtasacra
Ashtray wrote:
furtasacra wrote:

I had never seen that website, and I was really surprised to see it had some really nice and healthy recipes! Also, it's got varierty! I ought to try one of those and then tell you what was it about Smile.

I love that site; the unabashedly greedy tone is comforting, and although I've only tried 3 of the recipes, they were all tasty and filling.

Oh, and I almost forgot a couple of my favorite dirty tricks!

DIRTY TRICK #1: My favorite appetite suppressant

Eat a small apple and drink a glass of water about 20 minutes before a meal. That's 50-80 (juicy, crunchy, sweet) calories, packed with vitamins and pectin. Pectin is soluble fiber, which makes you feel full. Eating an apple is cheaper, healthier, and much more satisfying and enjoyable than taking a fiber supplement.

DIRTY TRICK #2: Low calorie low-carb rice substitute

Make some cauli-rice! Put coarsely chopped fresh raw cauliflower in a food processor, and pulse until it's chopped up to about the size of rice grains. Steam until tender (careful, it doesn't take long), drain in a colander lined with paper towels, and use it like white rice. I do this when I make Asian dishes that are served with white rice - the flavor is bland enough to blend with nearly anything, and it gets you full for a fraction of the calories. One cup of white rice has about 240 calories, one cup of cauli-rice has about 30 calories. Just keep in mind it doesn't absorb liquid, so it won't work for dishes like paella, Mexican rice, risotto, etc.
Crinoid
Small pieces of chicken breast or fish, add pieces of broccoli. Supplement by vitamins, minerals and omega-3 oils. Works for me.
bloodrider
thank you for the good sites you posted Smile usefull for me too
natilovesmike
the sites being suggested here are great! I have been trying to eat better (and doing good) but what I find for me is that if I start eating...I can't stop....so I try to have fewer meals a day...specially in the afternoon-evening.

the midmorning apple is great though!