FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your favorite subject?

cemica
What are/were you favourite(s) subject in school?

I like math, biology, geography, chemestry. Very Happy
Denvis
software design and information processes technology
shkhanal
Needless to say, I love computer science. It was not a subject in our country when I was studying school. It was introduced only when I was in college but it was not taught on colleges too! They were done by institutes by private sectors. But today there is computer science in schools. I taught Computer Science for Secondary students for around 7 years. And now there are computer science for +2 as well as for bachelors and Masters.

I had to study English Literature and Mathematics for by bachelor's degree and only then I joined for M.Sc. in Information Technology. I thought I was born a bit earlier.
chatrack
Hi,

I like physics. Many say it is tough. To me it is easy when the concepts are understood.
I like electronics too. I like to assemble self designed logic circuits for fun.
nam_siddharth
My favorite subject was mathematics.
_AVG_
Well, definitely physics and maths.

But in my school days I used to really love computer science and stuff. Very Happy
askfriends
_AVG_ wrote:
Well, definitely physics and maths.

But in my school days I used to really love computer science and stuff. Very Happy

my favorite subject is maths and Physics
Radar
At school, Maths. By far.

Easiest subject to study for.
iman
Math and CS.
It seems that relatively more people here like math (relative to the whole population of the earth).
_AVG_
iman wrote:
Math and CS.
It seems that relatively more people here like math (relative to the whole population of the earth).

Yeah. I guess everyone here is affiliated with Computers for some reason or the other. And Computer Science (I'm referring to programming, algorithms, etc.) and Mathematics are very similar.
yagnyavalkya
My favorite subject in school was geography
ribozon
probably history, it's hard to memorize it but great to learn the past of other's/our civilizations'
rajpk
I LOVE PROGRAMMING (COMPUTER)
Poonam
Physics is my fav subject..
abhinavgakhar
I like physics and somewat chemistry..... Very Happy
uchejohn
my favorite subjects when i was still at basics level was mathematics and physics. They are my favorites because i believe they are very easy to understand when given little concentration when compared to others.
mukesh
I like Science paper (Math, Biology, Chemistry, Physic) and Computer. But present time my base level going on Computer.
acter
my favourite subject is computer studies
agbor
My best subject is english.
i like the subject because it helps me understand other subjects.
There are things we must consider in knowing our best subject.
We must have full access to studying the subject.
Bikerman
What do you mean by 'full access'?
turizmanimasyonu
history literature
mengshi200
I like literature and history in school.
gandalfthegrey
Geography and history!
Ankhanu
Biology and art were favorites in high school, general sciences and art before that... and biology and languages come university. I'd also narrowed to ecology/entomology by 3rd year, and have mantianed that focus through my post-graduate work.
loremar
My favorite was math and chemistry. Though I'm not sure if I can still remember what I learned.
socials
My favorite subject is science and math. But Im better in math than science. Wink
Gitesh
I used to like geometry ,it was clean and most easy subject to remember, no need to remember anything,just need to,prove theorems, or rather I had very good teacher for the sunject and I topped every time
cybersa
My Favorite subject is Math and Computer Science.
asnani04
Mathematics is a subject of class. I love the discipline because it is unique, practical, and partly because I'm quite good at it. This is really what I feel about Math. Studying it since KG1, when we learnt to deal with numbers, now we've come a long way, in Class 10. And, what's more exciting is that, I have more to go...better Math to come.

I thank all those scientists and mathematicians who have ever contributed to Math, as they have helped make the subject better and more interesting than the other stuff taught in school. Smile
Wink
GoldenEagle
I have always loved science, but when I went off to college I became of fan of process control. I guess I'm a control freak! Anyway, I eventually got a job as a control engineer working for a place that makes computer chips for electronic devices.
ztrt
I like Computer class and Math
lilysc1
My two favorite subjects are Computer Science and Mathematics.
kmontano
My favorite subject in high school was always history, specifically US History and Government.
Chellesei
My favorite subjects are Computer and Math (more on Geometry). Smile

If we talk about science, I like biology since it's about life and I love learning stuffs about this. But my favorite part of science is astronomy even though we don't have a subject about this. Well, we study it before but just the basics. I'd like to learn more of it.
busaboss
Since I'm an Engineering student, I will have to love math. I like how challenging a single word problem is and how complex a solution to the problem may come. It is really an exciting task and I love to learn every aspect of it so that when the time comes, I can also teach the subject to my future students if ever I would settle on teaching, Very Happy
fuzzkaizer
my favorite subjects were chemistry, arts and philosophy...
busman
I'm suprised no-one has said music? Shocked ... Anywho, music, history, political science, physics... Anything tbh other than earth science. Never really got into it i guess.
Iceaxe0410
This is quite the difficult subject for me to answer. When I was in high school, math and science were my favorite subjects. When I got into community college, my favorite subjects were english and physics. By the time I got into college, my favorite subjects were biology and nutrition.

After that, well...I got seriously tired of biology. I mean I spent hours and hours studying plants, insects, and animals. The plants were boring after so long. The insects got kind of bleh... (imagine having to dissect them under a microscope for hours and hours each day). Then animals got kind of sickening (opening up dead animal bodies for dissection). You do of course get used to it, but overall I'm ok with not having to study biology at all at this point.

I did a complete subject change with my masters degree. I have it in information systems. So, I guess technically my favorite subjects now are business and computers. Very Happy
gandalfthegrey
... and psychology!
lucascoelho
Math, (then also chemistry in high school), foreign languages and music.
rkseid
Computer/Information Technology subjects

It's like a science subject but with a touch of art. I've heard people compare elegant computer program code to eloquent poetry. I agree based on personal experience. Laughing
ankitdatashn
computer science and information technology kept me going all the past years...
lucascoelho
rkseid wrote:
Computer/Information Technology subjects

It's like a science subject but with a touch of art. I've heard people compare elegant computer program code to eloquent poetry. I agree based on personal experience. Laughing

Poetry..... WOW! I guess I haven't got all that programming ability so far, but I must agree it's an art!
dharmin
Embedded Systems and VLSI in college, but im taking a liking towards programming nowadays! Surprised
Afaceinthematrix
agbor wrote:
My best subject is english.
i like the subject because it helps me understand other subjects.
There are things we must consider in knowing our best subject.
We must have full access to studying the subject.

Bikerman wrote:
What do you mean by 'full access'?

Based on the context (he or she saying that English helps him/her understand other subjects) agbor probably means that if the courses are taught in English or the textbooks are in English but he/she lacks an understanding in English then learning the subject will be more difficult because he or she will not have full access to all of the course materials because of a language barrier. That's just my guess.

Ankhanu wrote:
Biology and art were favorites in high school, general sciences and art before that... and biology and languages come university. I'd also narrowed to ecology/entomology by 3rd year, and have mantianed that focus through my post-graduate work.

There wasn't much "evolution" for you - you always liked science unlike some people who go from liking a humanities subject to a science... Okay, this statement was essentially useless - I mainly just wanted to throw in my lame pun since you're some sort of biologist.

---------------------------

My favorite subjects in school were partial differential equations as well as ordinary differential equations. I also liked differential geometry as well as a course I took on fractals and a course that I took on chaos and dynamical systems.

Apart from mathematics, I also liked Spanish because I enjoy languages. I also love geography although I have never taken a course in it. I like it more as a hobby. If you mention a country to me I can most likely point it out on a map no matter where it is and most of the time I can tell you major cities in the country if not its capital.
TheRPGLPer
Easily math and technology.
enilsoncba
Discipline is great in my college information security, linked directly to Information Technology. It's fun to study, learn and seek novelty and a subject so vast aggregate of concepts like this. Information Security operates with its three pillars of integrity, confidentiality and availability.
masterekat
Psychology! <3

*scurries off to find the psych board*
attilax
maths
darthrevan
Mine was computer class and then after that would be p.e.and then math.
mshafiq
Math and physic is my favourite subject.
Nyasro
Mathematics
pravojednostavno
My favorite subjects were geography and history.
zacky
cemica wrote:
What are/were you favourite(s) subject in school?

I like math, biology, geography, chemestry. Very Happy

When I was studying, I really hate math, history and science which I think almost of the subjects mainly because all I want is to play with my friends. But now when I grow old and had a family, I started to embrace everything mainly because I have to show off to my family how good dad am I plus I have this questions like "how can I teach my son if I don't know the answer to he's assignments". Sort of things like that.. =)
dientm
math, history, science of computer ...
sudipbanerjee
My favorite subjects are Library & Information Science, Biology (specially Zoology), Chemistry and History.
endri81
Statistics
mshafiq
My favorite subject is math and physic
Iceaxe0410
For me it's a mixed bag. Back in high school, my favorite subjects were math and science. When I got into college, it switched over to English and Business. It's funny how things turn out. I excelled at math and science in high school, but fell down to maybe average by the time I got into college. I started to excel in English and business courses. I also started to almost dislike math and science by the time I got into college. Definitely took the difficult route by getting my bachelors in biology. Got my masters in information systems.
pravojednostavno
My favorite subject in school were geography and history
steeve
I like Maths and computer science...
mshafiq
My favourite subject is maths and computer.
ssiera
Definitely math...