FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hex code Editor.

raneez_n
How the hex code of an application is edited?
Someone told me that ,by changing the hex code of an application we can make that application undetected from antiviruses.

So please help me to findout how it is done.
coreymanshack
raneez_n wrote:
Someone told me that ,by changing the hex code of an application we can make that application undetected from antiviruses.

So you want to make a virus eh?

You change the MD5 sum of the program. I'm pretty sure if you change anything in the program(code) and recompile it you will get a different MD5 sum.
silverdown
If you edit the application in a hex editor you will most likely damage the software and make it unable to run. Most antivirus software have a list where specified applications can be omitted out ( exceptions) and it will not detect them or report a virus infection.
[FuN]goku
You've gotta find out which part of a file is being detected by the AV's signature database,
and hex edit that part of the file. You'll probably want a file splitter for this.
albuferque
http://www.ollydbg.de/

Confused

Not very sure what you're trying to do.
sanalskumar
Simply changing something in the code will never help you. First understand how it works and how it will work if you change the code. Antiviruses use heuristic detection, which will most probably detect the code as mallicious. Good luck!!
Bielhelm
The Code is the answer ... but who made the question...
so maybe decompiling is helping you out. But you have to be professional to get the clues into the right frame. Problem is: everybody is understanding languages, but not many are understanding the code...
bigt
raneez_n wrote:

Not sure what most people said, but I would say that you need something more like an assembly code editor. As some have mentioned, why do you want to write viruses? You can probably make a lot more money if you actually learn to code and make a useful software product people will pay you for and something for which you can be proud.

Try google dot com