FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Java Keylogger.

raneez_n
Is is possible to create a keylogger program using java?
I know the method to get the keys entered in the our application window..
But how the keys entered in the other windows can be stored to a file?

Please help here or post the links of such programs.
Thanks in advance.
Peterssidan
No, you can't catch keyevents outside the java program. You will probably need use JNI to link to another program written in some other language or not use java at all.

Are there any 'good' reasons to build a keylogger? Confused
TomS
If you know how to access the windows-api, you can use GetAsyncKeyState(VirtualKeyCode)
raneez_n
TomS wrote:
If you know how to access the windows-api, you can use GetAsyncKeyState(VirtualKeyCode)

thanks for your post.
Could you please post an example for the above function?
fladry
Keylogger can be made by hooking keyboard in C++. Can't that be done in java?
ProfessorY91
I hope there's nothing in the TOS that goes against posting something like this. I can post uncompiled code in C for a keylogger, but I'm not going to because I haven't read a good reason in this thread yet.
Marcuzzo
why are keyloggers made:
1. to steal passwords.
2. to steal privacy...
parents that want to check on their kids
paranoid people that don't trust their partner

and there is a third kind.... people that don't have a life of their own!!

sorry guys, but I think this is a little over the top... there may be a hacker in all of us... but still... keylogger?....wtf

besides... script kiddies ask this kind of stuff....
blueray
ProfessorY91 wrote:
I hope there's nothing in the TOS that goes against posting something like this. I can post uncompiled code in C for a keylogger, but I'm not going to because I haven't read a good reason in this thread yet.

ProfessorY91

You are absolute right !!
I like to see someone that to build their programming skill to a next level and to create a much better apps for users.

But I can't see any good reasons to do that as mentioned on the post above.
Also, you may be able to google or look for some more advanced windows programming book.
That will tell you all stuffs you need to know to build a system-level application.
leontius
Since keylogging is such a low-level task, why make it in java? It's too high level for this kind of program. Use C or similar language. And how come your keylogger requires a JRE to run?
benroll
It would be nice to have an application like babylon or lingoes translator in java.
This kind of app need to wait for a keybord and mouse combination to start an ocr process around the mouse position, and show a popup with some translations.
This is keylogging and mouselogging, not a crime.
k21631
Marcuzzo wrote:
why are keyloggers made:
1. to steal passwords.
2. to steal privacy...
parents that want to check on their kids
paranoid people that don't trust their partner

and there is a third kind.... people that don't have a life of their own!!

sorry guys, but I think this is a little over the top... there may be a hacker in all of us... but still... keylogger?....wtf

besides... script kiddies ask this kind of stuff....

Not that it's any of my business, and probably this is a little hypocritical of me, but how is it your job to pass judgment on other people? And why would you? If you don't want to answer the question, why reply to it at all?

As far as your accusations regarding keyloggers, I think you're wrong. There are several reasons someone might want to make a keylogger, even if they don't intend to use it to attack other people.
1. Curiosity: To know how a keylogger is made
2. Security: To know what a keylooger needs to run, what kind of system resources it may use, how it is passed, how to write programs that would have the capabilities to detect a keylogger. Or to make a keylogger with the specific intentions of testing your own computer's security, or another persons security with their consent.
3. Task Automation: To be able to write a program that records a users mouse movements and keystrokes and can replay them over a given interval, such as in the case of program "actions" like in photoshop, or other automated tasks.
4. Keyboard Shortcuts: To be able to write a program that can detect and record a single keystroke and associate it with a given function, such as in the instance of a keyboard shortcut.
5. School Project: As a computer science major, I do occasionally get school projects such as hash crackers that are considered to be in the gray area. They are highly informative and useful, and the essentially simple in nature, which allows me to use those methods and that level of understanding to construct more complex projects in the future.

And lastly, a "script kiddie" is defined as someone who looks for code that they can copy, paste, and tweak around to suite their purposes. They do not care about the theory behind programming and have no interest in actually learning how to code - that is, how to write the programs themselves.

So if you're going to waste your life judging other people, rather than answering their question, please at least do the research first. I say this for your own sake, as your ignorance is showing.

----
As far as the Java Keylogger goes
----
I've been looking for the same information, so that I can make a program that can record my mouse and keystrokes and replay them: an automator. I've managed to code a working automator, but I have to code in the task. What I want, is for the program to record the task and repeat it. And I want to be able to look at the code and see what it recorded.

If Java is too high level for this, is there a way that I can import a C program into Java? I know C pretty well, but this is my first Java program.
dohzr
Seems like a shady thread
Stay_Classy
Just saying, but because there is no solution that doesn't require some platform-specific programming, why not do it in C# instead of Java? Or Boo or IronPython? SharpDevelop works well for this sort of thing.

NOTE: I don't think this is a good idea, so I'm not posting ANY code.
Marcuzzo
@k21631:

1. Curiosity: Seriously? why, why and why on earth would anyone log keystrokes.
-> to see what the person using the pc is doing on their computer.

2. Security: so you think that if you know how "a" keylogger works you know how "every" keylogger works? really

3. Task Automation: In Java? really? try AutoIt, the perfect thing for 'automation' if you ask me, it is so easy that for a while it had even gained a bad reputation because of people (read stupid script kiddies ) that wanted to know if the tutorial they found on the internet on how to 'hack' a computer actually worked.

4. keyboard shortcuts: AUTOIT!

5. school projects: keyloggers?... in java?... as a computer science mayor you should know better.
I'm in my senior year and I have never had to write a keylogger in JAVA, try assembler!

And Last but not least (and my favorite); the script kiddie and the judging part. I must have pissed you off some way. Writing that part made you a hypocrite since you are the one judging me.
I've been here for a few year now with over a 1000 posts and here you come with your single post talking that way about me.

I hope you are happy with your post and that your science mayor degree get's you a good carreer.

and just to top this one off... concidering a high level language to capture keystrokes is stupid because every Antivirus will pick this up as mallware.
you want to be talking to the CPU directly instead of to just another layer.
assembler or C(++) is the language to use

EDIT: I shouldn't be posting this but I don't care, this is not a hacker community!