FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

It's not related to hosting but it's related to frihost

phileplanet
Sorry, but i didn't know where to put this.

I don't know if this is just me but when I edited my profile, I checked yes on "always notify me of replies". I have posted many times and right before i submit, I look and see that the "Notify me when a reply is posted" box is checked. A couple of hours later, I check my email and there is no notification of a reply. I go to the forums anyway, and I look in the board where I had posted, and there are like five people who have posted since I did. Do I only get notification when someone replys directly to me or is there something wrong?
Rafe
well something is wrong, maybe your email has a filter or thinks this is spam mail?
dan751
It could either be your spam filter as Rafe said, or it is possible that there is something to do with the scripting, that has an error. I'll try activating my "notify" option and see if I have the same problem.Smile
phileplanet
Just to let you know, I got a notification for this post. I did not get a notification when I posted in the "Photoshop/Gimp contest: Bondings' FACE!!" board and the "Rank images contest" board, Or I got one only sometimes.
Bondings
Normally you should only get one notification till you visit the forum again. But that one notification *should* come. There might have been a problem with the server or the database at that moment.
phileplanet
Bondings wrote:
Normally you should only get one notification till you visit the forum again. But that one notification *should* come. There might have been a problem with the server or the database at that moment.

I actually got a notification for all my posts today.
I don't know if you did something but thank you!
Bondings
phileplanet wrote:
I actually got a notification for all my posts today.
I don't know if you did something but thank you!

Thanks, I spent a whole day on debugging and fixing it. Liar

No, actually I didn't change a single setting. I already had some problems with it myself on a lot of forums, so most likely that code isn't very reliable and apparantly sometimes "forgets" to send the notification.
phileplanet
Bondings wrote:

Thanks, I spent a whole day on debugging and fixing it. Liar

No, actually I didn't change a single setting. I already had some problems with it myself on a lot of forums, so most likely that code isn't very reliable and apparantly sometimes "forgets" to send the notification.

Well that's good. At least i'm not the only one.