FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CD writing errors

riyadh
i have a DVD/CD-RW combo drive.for a while now i've been having a major problem with it.it can read everything fine bt whenever i try to write CDs, it gives me an error and in turn it also renders the CD useless.i can't figure out if there is a hardware or software failure.i wasted a lot of CDs.now i have to use my dad's laptop every time i need to write a CD.
badai
you could do better than this. at least give us the error message.

unless, this just pure ranting.
Donutey
riyadh wrote:
i have a DVD/CD-RW combo drive.for a while now i've been having a major problem with it.it can read everything fine bt whenever i try to write CDs, it gives me an error and in turn it also renders the CD useless.i can't figure out if there is a hardware or software failure.i wasted a lot of CDs.now i have to use my dad's laptop every time i need to write a CD.

Give the drive manufacturer and model, the burning software you are using, and the exact error message that you receive.
riyadh
it's a SAMSUNG DVD/CD-RW combo drive.i use Nero 8.wen i try to burn a Cd i get this message "Burn process failure at 24x"
Georgeboy
Did you already try to burn your cd's with another program than nero? Probably one of your settings is not ok. I should say try to burn something else, but if you already spend a lot of cd's, I think you already tried to do this. I had also a problem with nero burning software, but an earlier version. That problem was caused by a corrupted file that I wanted to burn.

The problem with your error message is that we can't see anything of the problem. In my earlier version of nero, I could see and save my burning log. There I could detect the file that was corrupted, so I was able to delete that file. Maybe you can have a look by yourself at the log file and if it is not clear just post him so we could have a look.
When you didn't save your log file, you maybe memorized the status of the progress of your burning process? If this is in an early period of your burning process, it maybe is a problem with the initialization or at the end could be a problem with finishing your cd.

When you entered your cd in your player after the crash, where you able to find back some data?
microkosm
In addition to what georgeboy already said, try using re-writable media (ie CD-RW or DVD+-RW) This way you can run some tests and if a burning is unsuccessful you can erase the media and try again after changing some settings.

Quote:
it's a SAMSUNG DVD/CD-RW combo drive.i use Nero 8.wen i try to burn a Cd i get this message "Burn process failure at 24x"

The error you recieve seems to have to do with the writing speed. Reduce the speed to the lowest possible: 1x or 2x. This will take considerably longer to burn a CD but may result in a successful burn.

Also check your log settings and post your log here if possible with code tags. BTW the closing tags are reversed in your signature if you hadn't noticed.