FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Browser Games (Online)

Bannik
I was wondering if people can list all those FREE browser games that need no installation (or very minor installation) that are played on web browsers like Firefox etc...I ask because working in the office means i cant install anything without permission of admin.

it can be any game but something that wont require much installation (a small addon is ok) preferably no installation and when i mean online i mean that i can play against other people, like an mmo but browser based is cool (pen and paper style, yes d&d nerd)

I'll start

firstly i know of quake live

basically quake arena played on your web browser
http://www.quakelive.com/

then we have

http://www.evony.com/ online RTS game, not the best game too suggest but its ok a good time killer.

if anyone has played a game or seen one just send a suggestion in this forum
Ankhanu
Most of the browser games I've played have been produced by gameforge. A list of their games (linked) is in the right column on this page.
amperx
i usually play strategy browser games such as travian,utopia,archmage etc. Very Happy
divinitywolf
I play a browser game called eRepublik which is brilliant.
It is basically an online world that resembles real life.
You can become a politician, run your own company, become president of a country and get into congress.

A lot of the game is based on a forum to discuss matters that relate to the game but the game itself is www.eRepublik.com

If you want an invite then PM me Wink
Denvis
I think Runescape is a browser game.
vaoger
i dont like the browser game....
for me it is not realistic at all.....

some time.... the browers game look such when you play on a high spec computer.
some said (not me) browser game are for working group/low spec com user...

is ok to waste some time... on it... especially u can play it on your phone...
SunD3R
i can't believe im saying this but maybe you should try adventure quest, mech quest or dragonfable. Then there is the multiplayer version of Adventure Quest which is called AQ Worlds. <------that one is alright actually.

Some text based rpg's would be torn city, infamous gangsters, astro city, bite fight, rogue vampires etc just to name a few.

And how about game websites like miniclip, newgrounds, kongregate, armor games, arcade pod and dragongamez?
catscratches
vaoger wrote:
Yes, because games are all about realism, right?
oly0015
Kingdom of loathing is a nice and simple browser based game for low speed connections and does not require any installation. It's completely free so there is no need for anything really, a win98 computer with a browser is enough to run the game. Its not very graphic heavy and runs by turn, so if its not your thing oh well, just trying to help Very Happy.
SunD3R
another good one would be www.pawngame.com. its basically Counter Strike but 2D (not birds eye view btw) and its an mmo so it is pretty good.
foreverdestiny
vaoger wrote:

Yea, if you can't imagine.

I would suggest Magic Duel, It's a truly unique browser based game.
http://magicduel.com/
guissmo
oly0015 wrote:
Kingdom of loathing is a nice and simple browser based game for low speed connections and does not require any installation. It's completely free so there is no need for anything really, a win98 computer with a browser is enough to run the game. Its not very graphic heavy and runs by turn, so if its not your thing oh well, just trying to help Very Happy.

Yeah. Play that. I've used to go there a lot but now I can't find enough time.
Forumwarz is kinda fun too but it will be short-lived if you wont pay.
weableandbob
Minecraft is sort of a a sandbox game, really like playing with giant legos

minecraft.net
chatrack
i used to play zapak online browser games.
these are flash games with good quality and sound.
If you save the .swf file, you can play it offline too.
frecos
I have tried quite a lot of browser games recently while i was at my parent's house with a very low speed computer, here I would like to share some that I think is worth to try when you have free time

1. Sherwood Dungeon
Link: http://mygame.bbgsite.com/games/maidmarian/sherwood.shtml
Sherwood Dungeon, a browser-based massive multiplayer online role playing game where you defend your honor in combat with players from around the world. Sherwood features an infinitely deep dungeon filled with monsters. Since it is playable from your browser downloading is unecessary, although you must have Shockwave 7 or better to play.

2. Urban Rivals
Link: http://mygame.bbgsite.com/games/urbanrivals.shtml
Urban Rivals is an online trading card games. The user interface is very clean with barely any clutter along with a delightful comic book style that resembles most quality web comics on the net. The combat system in Urban Rivals is one of its greatest features in that the battles in the game are mostly based in a Flash environment so finding battles comes along very seamlessly. Overall Urban Rivals is a very fun game that anyone can have fun playing but the lack of more game play modes and features might make the game dull and repetitive after a while of playing.

3. My Brute
Link: http://www.mybrute.com/
My Brute is most interesting game I played, and the game was like virus spread around the world. You can tinker with the looks of your brute, but the assigned traits, such as strength and agility, will be solely determined by the name choice and will not be revealed until the brute is validated. Once brute is created, you can fight against other. you can only fight three times times a day. but with each fight they gain points to level up as well as earning weapons and skills to help them in combat. Also to level up you can also recruit others to make a brute and be their disciple, which earns the “master” points every time the disciple levels up.
rayxzero
Facebook game application is one of the browser game i tried playing. Newgrounds games also have many flash game you can choose like Rage Dan N Me.
codersfriend
I used to play the browser game lord of ultima but my account expired because I was inactive..
I also play mafia wars in facebook
Arthurdoyle
Installing a script to online browser games?
Gregoric
I have participated in closed beta of browser game Drakensang Online. That's installation-less hack 'n' slash likely to Diablo. It is more similar to Titan Quest or Sacred, mostly because of it's style. However, the game itself is very enjoyable, content is enormous and almost everything is available for free. Micro-payments give us boost up while grinding or questing or just make the game a bit easier. I haven't checked the PvP part, only heard about some arenas.

All in all, that's freeware Diablo with pretty nice graphics and audio content available from browser. Installation doesn't take too long and requires only to press Play Smile. Oh, and the points that can be bought through the internet, can be easily acquired for free (mobs drop them randomly) but that obviously takes a lot more time.

There's a referral system, you could probably guess my nickname and put it if you where asked. I don't play the game actually since beta ended, so don't bother yourself if you don't want to.

So, try it out: Drakensang Online
nate2067
uberstrike is fun so is begone oh but they are first person shooters so if your not very good at fps games then try fpstrainer[/url]
chatrack
with updated flash player, there are good online games available for free. Amazing thatonline gaming has become such a good boost
braycraig7
Sports games are also valuable after london Olympic 2012. Shocked
People preferred to play sports games online.Due to play games they motivate also to compete easily competitor on field. I'm regularly play online sports game on weplaysportsgames.com because my interest in football game.
RosenCruz
I play Hattrick. One of the best online soccer management games Wink

http://www.hattrick.org
kmr_mukund
according to me angry birds is the best game which can be play on web browser.most of the time i play this game. it need not to be installation.
spyed
Command and Conquer running in web browser using HTML5. Last time I played it it was just a short little level, but still fun. Further impressive of the uses of HTML5.

http://apps.nahklick.de/cnc/
siemens13
Gamezer is also nice browser games.it has nice and also good games.
siemens13
I used to play billiard games from gamezer.here are lots of browser games but i play only billiard.because its really awesome and enjoyable game.
lightningleo
Well.. I like to play urban rivals.. Great game with online matches, chatting system and friend system.. Please try.. Great game