FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

card wont read

andysart380
i have a couple 4 gb sc hd cards by scandisk...they used to read fine...im shooting in jpg only and they still wont transfer to the computer..some of them work then it shits the bed...also it wont work oin my card reader...can anyone help?
D5DXAX
first make sure other cards can transfer to your pc , i.e. get a card from someone you know and try to transfer to your pc using the same card reader if it works then the problem is your cards
if not then it is your pc problem or the card reader itself

for cards the only thing you can do is to format them and try again that's all you can do

for card reader change it , get a new one Smile

also you may try transfer using the USB cable direct from the camera while the card is inside it

However if you are shooting in .jpg only I recommend 1 or 2 gb cards , less problems , No need for 4 gb
Donutey
andysart380 wrote:
i have a couple 4 gb sc hd cards by scandisk...they used to read fine...im shooting in jpg only and they still wont transfer to the computer..some of them work then it shits the bed...also it wont work oin my card reader...can anyone help?

Are you sure that your Camera and Card Reader are able to use the SDHC cards? Not all devices support them; they will only support the older smaller capacity SD cards.