FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pendulum

medesignz
Quote:
The Pendulum sound is typically heavy beats accompanied by low, buzzing basslines, overlaid with synthesized leads. When Pendulum started out as producers in Australia, their sound was considerably more drum and bass-influenced than the work they are known for today. Signature tunes such as "Vault", "Back to You", "Voyager" and "Toxic Shock", which were released on small labels such as Uprising Records, Renegade Hardware and Low Profile Records, have a darker, more melodic air to them which is substantially absent from their later productions, which are generally leaning towards a mainstream, dance-driven sound. Early work such as "Another Planet" however, seems to indicate an early affinity with a more global sound, similar to other Breakbeat Kaos artists such as DJ Fresh and Adam F.

Just seen them at Glastonbury and as always, they make everyone party!

Do you like?
pampoon
Hmm, never heard of them before. They sound pretty good. It does seem like they would liven up a party, they use a lot of "buzz" and beat sounds. They sort of remind me of techno, but just slightly.
stel4e
yeah I like them nevertheless lot of people think they are getting too commercial ...
medesignz
I agree with the people, definitely their last album was commercial... but it still works for them!
Roald
I wanted to see them at Werchter this year but unfortunately I couldn't be there. I like a lot of there songs but like most of you said here already, they are getting too commercial.
I enjoy listening to some real Drum&Bass, but the way Pendulum is going is the opposite direction, pity enough.