FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Can we ban "lulzy" English?





Hogwarts
This is a problem which has really begun to annoy me. The problem, here, is the deformed English used by (possibly mentally retarded) people (in which, if this is the case, I sincerely apologize), inclusive of the equally deformed use of BB-codes.

First of all, there's the unnecessary suffixing of the letter "z" upon a significant amount of words by some people, i.e. "Hello guyz", "Hay guyz" and "lolzzzz". It is completely unnecessary, childish, and generally is stupidly irritating. They're not even moderately close to spelling errors, they're completely deliberate.

Then there are the people that feel a need to form their entire post with non-rainboxing BBcode. I mean, honestly, if somebody fell into TPP's rainbox and couldn't get out, I understand that! But when it's just simply in bold or red, simply to get more attention for your post, it's unfair to the posts that are probably written by people other people actually care about. Also, I'm guessing that when you saw this post, this was what you first read. Correct? Rolling Eyes

Then there are the 1337-speakers, who have the maturity of a goat. Not just those which say things like 'M4N14C H4X0R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!', but also those who replace "f" with the letter "p", such as in the context of "PHAILZ" (which also is deformed as per paragraph 2).

Really, we need some sort of quality control going here. What I'm talking about aren't accidental errors, i.e. "whoops, my finger slipped and I somehow replaced every 's' in my post with a 'z'", but more along the lines of a person having the IQ of a goat. Also, it might be worthy to note that one moderator/admin did write one of the quoted people a private message, possibly asking them to at least act more intelligent than a goat, who then asked why said moderator/admin was degrading "Pakistanies in this meter"?

Is there anything wrong with removing people who can't even speak proper English, so much as to make deliberate deformations and then whinge about being told off for their own actions?
Raidation
I agree.



However, we shouldn't ban the occasional WTF, OMG, LOL, etc...

We all use it sometimes, right?
deanhills
Hogwarts wrote:
This is a problem which has really begun to annoy me. The problem, here, is the deformed English used by (possibly mentally retarded) people (in which, if this is the case, I sincerely apologize), inclusive of the equally deformed use of BB-codes.

First of all, there's the unnecessary suffixing of the letter "z" upon a significant amount of words by some people, i.e. "Hello guyz", "Hay guyz" and "lolzzzz". It is completely unnecessary, childish, and generally is stupidly irritating. They're not even moderately close to spelling errors, they're completely deliberate.

Then there are the people that feel a need to form their entire post with non-rainboxing BBcode. I mean, honestly, if somebody fell into TPP's rainbox and couldn't get out, I understand that! But when it's just simply in bold or red, simply to get more attention for your post, it's unfair to the posts that are probably written by people other people actually care about. Also, I'm guessing that when you saw this post, this was what you first read. Correct? Rolling Eyes

Then there are the 1337-speakers, who have the maturity of a goat. Not just those which say things like 'M4N14C H4X0R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!', but also those who replace "f" with the letter "p", such as in the context of "PHAILZ" (which also is deformed as per paragraph 2).

Really, we need some sort of quality control going here. What I'm talking about aren't accidental errors, i.e. "whoops, my finger slipped and I somehow replaced every 's' in my post with a 'z'", but more along the lines of a person having the IQ of a goat. Also, it might be worthy to note that one moderator/admin did write one of the quoted people a private message, possibly asking them to at least act more intelligent than a goat, who then asked why said moderator/admin was degrading "Pakistanies in this meter"?

Is there anything wrong with removing people who can't even speak proper English, so much as to make deliberate deformations and then whinge about being told off for their own actions?
Guess not all people are completely sober when they are doing their postings. They may also do it on a laptop while they are half asleep. Once we go along this road, it could be quite interesting to visualize where they are and how they deal with their keyboards Smile I do get irritated by bad language and the one liners that do not say anything and are obviously just there for the sake of a posting. But with those with English as a second language, and who do try, I feel sympathy. I have seen really excellent postings written with not so good English, but a really good message in it. The examples you mentioned towards the top of your posting however I agree do detract from the overall quality of what the person is trying to say, as well as the forums. Not sure what one can do about it however. Probably just ignore it.

Some of the posters write very well however, so if we could get more of those postings on a consistent basis, maybe it will motivate others to follow.
SpellcasterDX
I fully agree. 100%. Just because English isn't your first language doesn't mean you can't make an effort to make an intelligent and legible post. I'm pretty sure even if you're from another country and English is a second language, you wouldn't normally post with "lulz" "omgz." I mean where do you see that? (Besides chatrooms/IMs) Look how normal people post.

But the occasional lol, omg, etc. should be fine, no? (I mean even I'm guilty of that)
Ghost Rider103
I also agree some of it does get annoying. But for the most part I see most people using somewhat proper English.

But I doubt just because your using "omgz" or something like that you are going to get banned. The most they will do here, if anything, is give a warning. Maybe I'm wrong though.

What really bugs me the most is there is SO many threads in the General Chat that do not belong there.

I honestly could careless about some of the posters who use horrible language. I often skip over that person's post, so it's easily avoidable. But when people post threads in the wrong categorie, that is something I truly cannot stand. If were all going to post everything in the General Chat, what is the use of all the other categories?

I'm getting a bit off topic here, sorry about that.
Bondings
The forum rules already prohibit this thing. But I doubt most people bother to read them.

I'm also annoyed by this. The normal way we handle this is by creating a warning for those uses. But that takes a lot of time and can seem way too restrictive/drastic. Those users also have a poor knowledge of English, and some seem to think that's the reason for the warnings, instead of the leat-speek.
sonam
SpellcasterDX wrote:
I fully agree. 100%. Just because English isn't your first language doesn't mean you can't make an effort to make an intelligent and legible post. I'm pretty sure even if you're from another country and English is a second language, you wouldn't normally post with "lulz" "omgz." I mean where do you see that? (Besides chatrooms/IMs) Look how normal people post.

But the occasional lol, omg, etc. should be fine, no? (I mean even I'm guilty of that)


Actually I think the most "lulz", "omgz.", etc. are posted by English speaking native. For someone like me who know very less numbers of English words and need to think what is good and how to post, "lulz" abd "omgz." are just words without any meanings.

Sonam
Ghost Rider103
I think your right on with that sonam.

A person that is newer to English is usually still trying to get the hang of the language. They don't really understand our slang.

English is my first and only language. I understand people sometimes using "OMG" and things like that every once in a while. However, I never did understand what the point is of putting a "Z" at the everything to make "OMGZ" or "LOLZ".

I do use the occasional "lol" once in a great while, not usually on a forum, more in a chat room or something like that. But I still don't see the point in using the "z" at the end of everything. It's a waste of a key stroke in my opinion.
TomS
Very popular place, where people that write that rubbish get their inspiration http://icanhascheezburger.com/ Rolling Eyes

@Hogwarts: Nope. I read your post from the very first line to the last one. I didn't start in the middle regardless of your formatting.

May it comfort you: In Germany there are the same idiots that write "q" instead of "g", because they look alike, they also use "lolz" now, they use leet and worse stuff like "\/1lL@q€" (village) and even more annoying: They have to write every single character twice or threefoldly, write lower and upper case at random, and spell like one with a swollen tongue would pronounce. "Ich liebe dich" (I love you) becomes "i$<H liiie3€Be3 DiSsc|-|"

I think "I can haz cheezburgerz" is rather harmless.

But still: It's annoying.

I totally agree with you.
ocalhoun
Or, we could just let people do as they will, and then change on their own when they get laughed at.
Arnie
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
snowboardalliance
If a post has more than the occasional garbage (like more than a few "z"s or "misspellings") and is actually distracting, just report it. If it's against the rules let the moderators take care of it, problem solved.
Vrythramax
ocalhoun wrote:
Or, we could just let people do as they will, and then change on their own when they get laughed at.


Yeah...that should work out. Laughing

Wasn't it one of Murphy's Laws that says: "If left alone things tend to go from bad to worse"?
deanhills
I noticed that this was discussed in another thread as well called "English Threat" and now think that Hogwarths has a good idea. Maybe we do need a few "minimum" regulations. It would make it easier for moderators to refer the posters to, so that it can instantly become something about quality, rather than culture. How about having a Language Moderator for the English Forums? Such as I have noticed for the Dutch Forum, or does Lady Eleanzer also cover the English forums? She may even be better to deal with the English Forum than native English speakers, as she would have a greater understanding and sympathy for people who are using English as their second language.

This is a shortcut to the other thread:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-106784.html#898556

Quite a while ago (in the beginning of time) I was itching to participate in the Frihost Dutch forum, however cannot write Dutch. I do know a few words, but my Dutch language is far from perfect. I then checked up the rules and read James007's rules for the Dutch Forum (http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-14648.html) and "wow" are they good. Simple ones. They make the official Frihost rules in English even easier to understand Laughing

This is a quote of the Dutch Forum's rule regarding use of language:
Quote:
Er wordt gevraagd volledig correct Nederlands te typen in deze sectie, correct Engels in de andere secties. En ook interpunctietekens zijn handig bij momenten.
Translated: we ask that participants in the Dutch Forum type their postings in complete and correct Dutch, and in correct English in the other forums. (He then also adds with a wry sense of humour) Punctuation is also quite handy at the right moments.

The rule was very simple, gave no offense and discouraged me from participating in the Dutch forum. (quite a number of the Dutch must be very relieved at that Laughing )

Seriously though, I also noted that the Dutch Forum has a Language Moderator. Maybe we need something of that for the English Forum as well or maybe she could do both? Or maybe someone else with English as a second language can help out as a Language Moderator?
medesignz
I think we should embrace diversity... the users here are smart enough to work things out for themselves!

I've never heard so much hoity toity, high and mighty, patronising guff in all my life!

My name in itself is an insult to the OP... well my dinosaur friend... UP YOURS Laughing
TomS
deanhills wrote:
Seriously though, I also noted that the Dutch Forum has a Language Moderator. Maybe we need something of that for the English Forum as well or maybe she could do both? Or maybe someone else with English as a second language can help out as a Language Moderator?


I thought the Language Mods are Mods that speak the language (as their first, maybe) and do the jobs of the "normal" Mods. Because not every Mod, maybe not even Bondings speaks all the languages, that we have forums for.

I don't think their primary task is to warn people that use bad language, but to keep spam out of the boards and so on, that wouldn't be recognized by the other Mods, because they don't know what the post says.

I don't think there's need for a special Language Moderator in the english section. Every Moderator speaks english and therefore warn people, that write nonsense language all the time (By nonsense i mean the "language" mentioned in the first post).

medesignz wrote:
I think we should embrace diversity... the users here are smart enough to work things out for themselves!

I've never heard so much hoity toity, high and mighty, patronising guff in all my life!

My name in itself is an insult to the OP... well my dinosaur friend... UP YOURS Laughing



Like mentionend above: You can ignore a little "designz" here and there. But if it gets too much, it's just hard to read and to understand.
mathiaus
Do these rules not cover your point already?
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-42680.html
pampoon
mathiaus wrote:
Do these rules not cover your point already?
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-42680.html

Yes, those are what the forums need, but the problem with them is that people tend not to follow those rules. I believe Hogwarts was trying to suggest a system that would punish those users who choose to disobey the language rules, not the creation of the rules in the first place.

I agree that it is kind of annoying when you go into a post with an intelligent mindset, and come out questioning the maturity of the users on the forum. The only thing I can suggest to change this would be that we (the users of the forum) make it our duty to look for and report language abuse. If the penalty for such a "crime" is enough, then maybe others will get the hint and fix their posting language.

Just my opinion.

-Pampoon
mathiaus
The AWIT system is already used in very bad cases noticed by the mods. I know I have used it on some people anyway.

I think poor language may be category under the report button that is available to members as well. Fell free to use it Smile
Arnie
I actually do fell tempted to use it right now.
deanhills
Arnie wrote:
I actually do fell tempted to use it right now.
Laughing Laughing Laughing How come?
snowboardalliance
deanhills wrote:
Arnie wrote:
I actually do fell tempted to use it right now.
Laughing Laughing Laughing How come?


You know he's probably talking about AWITS, not about using poor language, right? It's a good idea to report low quality posts.
zbale
Maybe I'm too new here so it is not getting on my nerves yet, but I believe that people should be allowed to write the way they choose as long as they are not breaking the rules of free expression (plus possibly more stringent rules if the forum has any, for instance concerning advertisement, etc.).

So, a general guideline reminding people that they are writing for others and that loose, sms (etc.) writing standards can get difficult to read -- I agree. Censorship rules concerning spelling, extra letters, etc. -- I disagree. Rule-breaking writers get kicked out, and that's only fair; but being lazy, dumb, or attracted to a seemingly "cool" writing standard (or lack thereof, depending on your point of view) is not against the law and should not be.
Hogwarts
zbale wrote:
Rule-breaking writers get kicked out, and that's only fair; but being lazy, dumb, or attracted to a seemingly "cool" writing standard (or lack thereof, depending on your point of view) is not against the law and should not be.

Why shouldn't it be?
Nameless
[WARNING. Wall of text approaching.]

My X cents: People deliberately typing inaccurately across the forums is going to detract intelligent people from utilizing FriHost, and furthermore, is very annoying. Having a rule banning blatant cases is all fine and dandy, but the problem is enforcing the rules a) fairly and b) without causing a worse problem than we currently have.

In regards to a), the first question is: Where do you draw the line? If someone types an entire post in numbers, sure, but what if they just include one uncommon acronym or want to ensure their tone is clear with a smiley after ever second sentence? Any attempt to definitely declare with is and isn't allowed is going to lead to dozens of trivial, borderline cases the judgment of which is going to vary wildly between individuals.

The other obvious problem is that this is the internet and in many cases it is going to be very hard to judge intent. Somebody unfamiliar with English might type with broken sentences in the same way somebody who is just lazy would, and you're not going to know which poster is deliberately trying to sound "cool" and which poster honestly considered internet meme Y a valid way to quickly get their opinion across or even just WAS tired and made a few accidental mistakes. If you draw a hard line (or rather, a long series of convoluted lines, as would be needed) on what is acceptable, some innocents are going to be kicked over trivial issue, leading directly into ...

b), assuming FriHost was able to strictly enforce sensible typing (which, I can only presume, would take a significant part of their time that could be better spent on more productive endeavors) this could cause far more people to leave the service than will be attracted by it. Aside from the people directly banned, many more who had previously enjoyed these forums as a recreational past time (and had no problem with the "lower class" language, if you will) will become fed up by strict rules and leave. Less visitors -> less ad revenue -> less FriHost.

I personally would love to be involved in a forum that banned idiots on the spot, but I also accept that my views on idiocy would not be accepted by the majority. We can debate what is acceptable (morally, literately, typographically, however you like) writing in the context of a public internet forum for a privately owned web hosting website all day, but that's only meaningful as long as it is enforceable and profitable.

Aside from picking off the extreme cases, there's not much you realistically do about it.
zbale
Hogwarts wrote:
zbale wrote:
Rule-breaking writers get kicked out, and that's only fair; but being lazy, dumb, or attracted to a seemingly "cool" writing standard (or lack thereof, depending on your point of view) is not against the law and should not be.

Why shouldn't it be?

I believe (as is generally believed in the so-called 'Western' world) that rules restricting our behavior are meant to protect the freedoms of others.

If, for instance, your neighbor is listening to music at a very high volume, it might prevent you from focusing on what you need or want to do. You can try not to pay attention but for most people it is not an easy thing to do, so increasingly, there are rules (though in many country they are still poorly defined and applied) and campaigns to raise awareness against "noise pollution".

Now, if your neighbor decides to write, in a forum, one or several posts in poor or even almost unreadable English, how much does it prevent you or anybody to go about your life and business? Of course, we could probably find borderline cases but the cost of your deciding not to read the post and to move on to the next post has nothing comparable to the cost of your trying not to mind the racket your neighbor is making, has it?

In a newspaper, with an editor-in-chief and a more or less uniform line and tone, you may have stricter style guidelines, instructions, perhaps even rules in certain cases; but in a forum of free expression, I believe that going beyond guidelines of the type discussed by mathiaus and pampoon (http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-42680.html) would be unduly restrictive.

What might be useful, though, would be to ensure that these guidelines reach every new member of the forum, perhaps in the form of a dedicated email one week after registration on the forum (I am sure there are enough messages coming at the time of registration, so simply providing a link to those guidelines at that time should be enough).

Now returning the question: On the basis of what principles should poor style be outlawed? Even at school, where poor writing meant you got a low grade, one did not get kicked out of school for it (though you could get kicked out for abusive content, which is different, and rightly banned on forums). Now, the reason why you got a low grade was that the purpose of school was to teach you how to write. Is the purpose of Frih forums to teach us how to write? Are the style guidelines here meant to do more that smoothen the flow of conversation (as opposed to the content rules which include measures to protect the freedoms of groups and individuals)?
deanhills
zbale wrote:
Now returning the question: On the basis of what principles should poor style be outlawed? Even at school, where poor writing meant you got a low grade, one did not get kicked out of school for it (though you could get kicked out for abusive content, which is different, and rightly banned on forums). Now, the reason why you got a low grade was that the purpose of school was to teach you how to write. Is the purpose of Frih forums to teach us how to write? Are the style guidelines here meant to do more that smoothen the flow of conversation (as opposed to the content rules which include measures to protect the freedoms of groups and individuals)?
We probably should not lose focus that we are posting in the Forums as a quid per pro arrangement for having Web space. So quite a number of posters land with Frihost forums as a result of that arrangement. Some take care and take extra trouble, others get "addicted", for some it is easy, for others it takes more effort. Quite a few just do not care, so post one-liners or multiple unintelligible words, just so that they can maintain their minimum points. I've found that in general those posters do not stay around for long. They either lose interest, or are warned. The ones who are really interested in the forums, tend to get better (with a few exceptions).

Perhaps it could be an idea to appoint a Language Moderator to focus on only the new postings. Not in an extreme way, but to encourage where it is obvious the poster is trying, or warn the obvious ones that do not make the grade or are breaking the posting rules. I'm almost certain that most of the new posters do not read the rules, so may help to remind them when their postings are sub-standard and break the rules.
noah
I belong to a number of forums, and I'd love to help this community grow. However, it's very difficult to understand what half the members mean half the time. I wonder if a part of this isn't that english is their first language, in which case it's understandable and forgivable. But I wonder how many people just are under 20 years old and haven't learned critical thinking skills, communication and proper grammer.

The problem is that without someone pointing out that these people look like 12 year olds who have watched too much jerry springer they don't know what they look like.

I work in the IT industry and have broad experiences from running and managing TCP/IP networks and servers to doing help desk type work as well as some programming. I've been browsing the computer related forums and there is so much disinformation propagated by these folks that appear to be 12 year olds spouting something an 1337 hacker friend told them. Most of it is harmless, but I'd find it increasing frustrating if I used this forum for computer and web design/programming advice and followed what I was told. There a few users who I respect their opinions on greatly, but there are a few users who I read their posts just to stear the OP in the generally more right direction.

Perhaps we need people who have strong communication, leadership, and conflict resolution skills to manage the forums.

Again, I'm new here, but this is the ONE thing that would keep me from staying here.
rvec
noah wrote:
Perhaps we need people who have strong communication, leadership, and conflict resolution skills to manage the forums.

that's me Smile Razz

I think the staff are meant to be that way, and some even try to be like that, but we're just doomed to fail... if only we had someone with strong communication, leadership, and conflict resolution skills...
noah
rvec wrote:
noah wrote:
Perhaps we need people who have strong communication, leadership, and conflict resolution skills to manage the forums.

that's me Smile Razz

I think the staff are meant to be that way, and some even try to be like that, but we're just doomed to fail... if only we had someone with strong communication, leadership, and conflict resolution skills...


I can see how this can be taken totally the wrong way. I think you're right the staff does have those skills, I mean to suggest we need MORE people with them. Posters and staff a like.
deanhills
rvec wrote:
that's me Smile Razz
Agreed (seriously). Add to this conscientious, and being brief and to the point, communication is always forthright and direct. Makings of a good moderator .... Smile
Helios
We are searching for new moderators actually, since several members of our staff have quit recently, and we need more people to enforce rules.
Frihost moderation has gone too soft and became disoriented (rvec declares himself as the leader - this proves my point).

We try to take care of very poor language and lazy-typing, but since this is an international forum, please don't drop your jaws or verbally kill a user for making a grammar/spelling mistake.
Also, users who have those language problems, shouldn't drop their jaws and start shaking when we warn them about that and give them helpful guides and tools to make better posts.
Actually, it looks like we're battling laziness and not just poor posting, which is a good thing in my opinion.

Anyway, hope this answered some questions in this thread...
Vrythramax
deanhills wrote:
rvec wrote:
that's me Smile Razz
Agreed (seriously). Add to this conscientious, and being brief and to the point, communication is always forthright and direct. Makings of a good moderator .... Smile


Oh good lord, that's just waaaaay to obvious. Razz
deanhills
Vrythramax wrote:
deanhills wrote:
rvec wrote:
that's me Smile Razz
Agreed (seriously). Add to this conscientious, and being brief and to the point, communication is always forthright and direct. Makings of a good moderator .... Smile


Oh good lord, that's just waaaaay to obvious. Razz
Laughing Laughing Laughing Not quite sure what you mean by being obvious. Maybe I'm a little dense in that way. Smile

.... still along serious lines, I did mean it sincerely. Looks as though one has to be careful when one pays a moderator a compliment, even when he deserves it! Smile
Star Wars Fanatic
Arnie wrote:
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?


I laughed for like five minutes at this, I'm surprised no one pointed it out, and I wouldn't be surprised if no one knew where it's from... Rolling Eyes

As for the topic, I don't think people should be kicked, but language that is purposefully hard to understand, or spelled incorrectly, is completely idiotic.
I don't mind an occasional "lol" or "omg" in a chat room, or even here, as they are used to convey emotions, but to convert your entire post to text or "leet-speak" is ridiculous, and overboard.

Just because it's the internet doesn't mean you have to spell like a two year old.
foreverdestiny
I agree, even though English is not my first language I always try my best to make my sentences readable.
steve1200
I completely agree to you. But the problem is, that this "lolzy" english is common on the whole internet....
Hogwarts
steve1200 wrote:
I completely agree to you. But the problem is, that this "lolzy" english is common on the whole internet....

.. and the problem is? If people want to be idiots, they're free to do so in the gutters of the internet. Idiocy is common throughout the entire internet, and I believe this forum, generally, attempts to avoid it. Why should speaking like an idiot not also be avoided?
Ghost Rider103
I agree, when people purposely type simpler versions of English just to make it easier on themselves, or to be "different" it's quite annoying.

Though I don't think banning someone just because they said "lulzy" is necessary. A possible warning could be given if the user continuously uses in-proper English (I mean in extreme circumstances). But a ban just because someone doesn't speak proper English is way overboard.
rvec
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I agree, when people purposely type simpler versions of English just to make it easier on themselves, or to be "different" it's quite annoying.

Though I don't think banning someone just because they said "lulzy" is necessary. A possible warning could be given if the user continuously uses in-proper English (I mean in extreme circumstances). But a ban just because someone doesn't speak proper English is way overboard.
That's exactly how it's done now. Some cases might slip through because we don't always have enough staff watching the forums, but if extreme cases get reported by multiple users we check the most recent posts of this user and give the user a warning if we think the quality of the posts is too low.
zbale
rvec wrote:
That's exactly how it's done now. Some cases might slip through because we don't always have enough staff watching the forums, but if extreme cases get reported by multiple users we check the most recent posts of this user and give the user a warning if we think the quality of the posts is too low.


It sounds fair enough: to report people if one feels that they are crossing a red line. This feeling is of course subjective, and reasons for reporting may vary greatly from one user to another - as the present discussion indicates. But the fact that moderators can assess the suggestions of users who reported what they felt was foul play, guarantees that whatever action is taken (no action, warning, possibly banning?) remains forum-filtering and does not turn into a linguistic crusade.
Related topics
A good English song , I like it
visit counting *php*
The Unofficial Jokes Thread
Good English song.
Top 10s of the Forum
English is "Speaked" here
PHP IP Ban
Languages
mIRC for begginers.
English language
some funny english web links,they are adding......
Winning Eleven 9 English has been released!!!
English smoking ban.
Pope restates gay marriage ban after California vote
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> Suggestions

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.