FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Farrah Fawcett Dies at 62

Vrythramax
http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE55L4FR20090626

What a shame, this was a lovely, talented woman in her day, and her death will be forever over-shadowed by the death of Michael Jackson.
deanhills
I can't say that her death would be over-shadowed by that of Michael Jackson. Her dying has been quite significant in a way, and perhaps drew different audiences than the ones for Michael Jackson. What a beautiful lady she was though, and even when she was sick, always beautifully dressed. An amazing person. What an awful way to die though. At least Michael Jackson did not have to go through this, although he seemed to have suffered a great deal in his life with all kinds of rare illnesses and then those awful lawsuits he had to go through. Must be a blessing though when death sort of creeps up on you and you only have a second to look it in the face before it grabs you. He sounded "thrilled" and happy for his upcoming trip to London, so it must have taken him at a high moment of his career. Farah had a much deeper and brutal struggle with death.

Edit next day: you were right after all. I have not seen a single mention of Farah's passing last night in the news, in fact, I did not see much of any other news at all. Not that I blame anyone. But you are right, and maybe her family and closest friends are happy for that, they will at least get less of an intense media scrutiny when they put her to rest.
AftershockVibe
The same thing happened when Mother Theresa died close to the death of Princess Diana (UK).
truespeed
It also happened to Natasha Richardson,who died at the same time as Jade Goody.
Vrythramax
When I say "over-shadowed" I meant only that her death will always be secondary to jackson's ("didn't she die right around the time Micheal died?"...that kind of thing). You don't see her name all over the news like his that's for sure.

She was a fighter, that much is also for sure...she battled that illness right to the end. She never gave up hope.
deanhills
Vrythramax wrote:
When I say "over-shadowed" I meant only that her death will always be secondary to jackson's ("didn't she die right around the time Micheal died?"...that kind of thing). You don't see her name all over the news like his that's for sure.

She was a fighter, that much is also for sure...she battled that illness right to the end. She never gave up hope.
Agreed, she is quite a gutsy lady and went out in style.

Must say I did not see a single bit of further news about her for two days.
Ghost Rider103
It is very sad that she has died. But it is even more sad to see that her death was so soon forgotten by the death of Michael Jackson.

I am surprised that Michale's death was so huge. I know he was a big star back in the day, but after all the crime and him being pointed out as to be a possible child molestor, you wouldn't think they would still show him this much respect, even though he was not proven guilty.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I am surprised that Michale's death was so huge. I know he was a big star back in the day, but after all the crime and him being pointed out as to be a possible child molestor, you wouldn't think they would still show him this much respect, even though he was not proven guilty.
I don't believe he was a child molestor. Perhaps those accusations could indirectly have contributed to his death as well. I'm not surprised that his death is huge. Although I'm sorry that Farah's is getting overshadowed. Michael Jackson was a phenomenal artist of his time. He may have been sad off stage, but he never disappointed his fans on stage.
PleoMaster
first farreh then michael, i wonder whos next.

I was a big fan of charlies angels Razz she was the true angel Razz