FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Michael Jackson Dies

jgbex
He may have been a little strange but 50 is way to young for such a talented person to die.
furtasacra
jgbex wrote:
He may have been a little strange but 50 is way to young for such a talented person to die.

He had gotten more than a little strange, but it's still pretty freaky to me that he's dead - he was only eight years older than me!

In case anybody is interested in reading about it:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/06/25/entertainment/main5114139.shtml?tag=stack&tag=breakingnews
Hogwarts
Strange, perhaps, but he was definitely the most talented pop musician in the world. It's a pity his image was tainted by several events -- regardless of him being acquitted on child sex abuse charges Rolling Eyes

Above all, however, it is a shame that he died.
airh3ad
He may rest in peace i love you michael i remember the stop-on-a-dime dance moves and sensual soprano may have influenced generations of musicians, Michael Jackson stood for much more than pop greatness — or tabloid weirdness. One of entertainment's greatest icons, he was a ridiculously gifted, equally troubled genius who kept us captivated — at his most dazzling, and at his most appalling. i will never forget you.
deanhills
I was really jolted when I heard about his death this morning. I was watching the news and expected to hear more about Farah Fawcett and before hers was on came the shocker that Michael Jackson had passed away. Couldn't believe it. He was an outstanding musician, excellent performer, and died sooner than what he should have as I'm certain his trip to London would have been a winner. He must have been preparing for the London shows with his usual zeal and zealous perfection, possibly that was the reason for his heart attack, perhaps he overdid his training and had had a break for too long. I wonder whether they have taped any of his rehearsals for the show in London. Hope they did. Probably going to be worth a fortune.

Just can't believe he is not around any more. Can only imagine this is going to have a dreadful affect on Janet Jackson.
blackhole365
Although i dont enjoy that much his music, it is certainly a big loss for the pop music. And i bet it left his mark on the music history. RIP Michael Jackson.
nigam
it was such a big loss in the industry.....i love it when he does moon walk....may he rest in peace....
snowynight
HE is by far the greatest singer, performer, and composer in the universe. I recalled John Keats and other such talented people dying young.
Michael, You rock my world. You are trying to Heal the world but it is still so dangerous to you. Although you are Gone too soon, I believe in the other side of the universe people will live in harmony regardless of the chaos of this side. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
Mrbean
Michael Jackson was too good and help peoples
yagnyavalkya
Actually MJ touched the hearts of many young children with his Music and also various other parts ..... of children
But again one shoudl not speak ill of the dead
Says I guess I was a little up set when I put on the songs as soon as I reached home yesterday After all all thru my college days I have prbly enjoyed his songs and had good time listening to them There is one video I would recommend all of you to see to know the real MJ Please do watch this you may forgive him for all he the bad he had done latter Such innocence, candor, unstained purity, adolescent enthusiasm.
Alas he lost all of it later.
Note his voice it was still same all the way!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6nVLkw5GP8
Note the "Thank you I'll be happy to do that"
You comments on the youtube link is welcome
liljp617
Hogwarts wrote:
Strange, perhaps, but he was definitely the most talented pop musician in the world. It's a pity his image was tainted by several events -- regardless of him being acquitted on child sex abuse charges Rolling Eyes

Above all, however, it is a shame that he died.

I believe he settled the case for a pretty hefty amount of money on the first accusation (not the most recent accusations), but that was a long time ago. Could be mistaken...
deanhills
The child sex abuse charges were not true. I still don't believe they were true. Strange how the media can make someone so bad, and then all of a sudden they are revering him. I'm grateful for that though, but wish that he could have received the same reverence while he was alive as right now where he is, it means diddley squat to him. Who knows, maybe the stress surrounding those trials was partially responsible for his earlier death.

The cause for his death is still not completely sorted out, but someone hinted that it could have been because of misuse of prescrption drugs and that sounds like a very plausible explanation. Dr. Deepak Chopra pointed out that almost as bad as street drugs is the practise of prescription drugs, especially legal prescription drugs for the wealthy in Los Angeles. I hope that something of that could at least come out as I believe it is true. I feel sorry for Michael Jackson's "personal doctor" as I can imagine families always look for culprits when someone has passed away suddenly like this. Unless they were attached to the doctor and want to protect him. Typically the medical profession I can imagine quite a number of other medical doctors in Los Angeles being worried about this and covering their butts.
the-guide
First times hearing this news I'm very shocked. So pity!!! Why the heavens too pitilessly to him? Crying or Very sad
deanhills
Looks as though the family wants to organize a second autopsy. They have had the body collected, but are unhappy with the findings of the coroner so far. Something to do with the prescription drugs, and his personal doctor, Murray being also relatively new on the block. Murray has hired himself some good lawyers.
http://new.music.yahoo.com/michael-jackson/news/jesse-jackson-family-wants-2nd-autopsy--61990644
binsmyth
Well I would say he is the greatest artist that has ever lived in this world. Well I don't listen to MJ so much but I do like his dancing and his songs before he was top in the world.
When I heard this from my friend it caught me by surprise. I think he was just too young to die. really.
prithvi
I was really shocked when I heard this.

Such a talented artist leaving the world so early, and that too around the eve of his comeback tour.

The world has lost one of the most talented pop artists, whose innovative style has been admired by and inspired millions of people all over the world.
Asap170
I quote John C. Dvorak 'Google currently has 17,062 links (and counting) to news reports on Jackson. Every news channel has nothing but Jackson stories. I even saw Adam Curry interviewed on ABC about him. It’s all Michael, all the time.
Have all wars stopped? Has crime gone away? Have politicians stopped doing whatever the hell it is they do? Is anything happening that isn’t related to Michael Jackson? Anywhere?"

Website link: www.dvorak.org/blog
dickyzin
It's sad that such a talented person is lost so suddenly and unexpectedly. He was just a few weeks away from his final come back, so no one expected his death. He may be a wacko but he is no doubt the king of pop. His music and dance moves have changed the industry. Almost everyone around the world knows Michael Jackson. You can ask children in remote villages in extreme poverty and they will still know / heard of Michael Jackson.
liljp617
deanhills wrote:
Who knows, maybe the stress surrounding those trials was partially responsible for his earlier death.

Or his drug habits/abuse, or his constant sporadic decisions to change his phone number and cut himself off from all society, or his lack of financial management, or two divorces (three in a way), or the lupus + vitiligo and watching yourself completely change in the mirror....

The trials probably played little role.
deanhills
liljp617 wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Who knows, maybe the stress surrounding those trials was partially responsible for his earlier death.

Or his drug habits/abuse, or his constant sporadic decisions to change his phone number and cut himself off from all society, or his lack of financial management, or two divorces (three in a way), or the lupus + vitiligo and watching yourself completely change in the mirror....

The trials probably played little role.
You must be joking! How could trials with that amount of scrutiny and intensity play little role? No wonder he wanted to cut himself off from society, if that is indeed what he wanted to do. I believe he was using drugs in the same way Elizabeth Taylor was using drugs, which was to mask pain when she was busy with acting, or trying to live her life to the fullest. She had severe spinal problems. Michael Jackson had some of the same problems with physical pain when he was working out and performing in the physical active way he was. I would imagine after a while painkillers are the only way to deal with the pain. Ironically the two were very good friends as well.
mewmewlazlo
Wow, for such a talented person to go, it sure is a shame for such an amazing artist to just drop dead! He was truly an amazing person and I never imagined him dying so young, but he did leave us with something truly special, his work. I really admire such an amazing hero of music. Belive what you want about how he died, but he is still dead, and that's that!
truespeed
According to alleged leaked reports of his autopsy,when he died he only weighed 8st 1 lb ,which for a man who was 5ft 10 is very light,almost anorexic.

Also they said that he was a bald man who wore a wig.
The only thing they apparently found in his stomach were undissolved pills,no food whatsoever.

His father Joe was at last nights black entertainment awards,they showed a clip of him on the red carpet promoting his new record label,here's a man who has just lost his son,and he's using the media exposure to advertise his record label.

He wasn't asked about his record label,he just thought he would use the opportunity (His sons death) to make his record label known,via the worlds media.

I am not a Jackson fan,neither of the man or his music,but it seems his death is going to be reflective of his life,weird,messed up,and in the full glare of the media.
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
According to alleged leaked reports of his autopsy,when he died he only weighed 8st 1 lb ,which for a man who was 5ft 10 is very light,almost anorexic.

Also they said that he was a bald man who wore a wig.
The only thing they apparently found in his stomach were undissolved pills,no food whatsoever.

His father Joe was at last nights black entertainment awards,they showed a clip of him on the red carpet promoting his new record label,here's a man who has just lost his son,and he's using the media exposure to advertise his record label.

He wasn't asked about his record label,he just thought he would use the opportunity (His sons death) to make his record label known,via the worlds media.

I am not a Jackson fan,neither of the man or his music,but it seems his death is going to be reflective of his life,weird,messed up,and in the full glare of the media.
Perhaps this is a description of his life as seen through the eyes of the media. What really mattered however was him as the artist on stage and his music. That was awesome and a legacy. I certainly would remember him more for those. As far as his life is concerned I see it as very vulnerable, typically as an artist. Remember Mozart! Wonder how much Mozart weighed when he passed away? And he passed away while he was still composing. He also had very little of a childhood. Michael Jackson passed away when he was in the middle of preparing for a performance. I have not heard anything but sincerely hope they managed to tape some of the rehearsals for his performances in London.
truespeed
Your missing my point Dean,the point i was making was that Michael was obviously not in good health,clearly not well enough to complete 50 dates in London,which he was due to start in a couple of weeks. I am not sure who was looking after him,but whoever it was clearly didn't have his best interests at heart.

And as for his father,what he did was shocking,using his sons death to promote his own record label.
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
Your missing my point Dean,the point i was making was that Michael was obviously not in good health,clearly not well enough to complete 50 dates in London,which he was due to start in a couple of weeks. I am not sure who was looking after him,but whoever it was clearly didn't have his best interests at heart.

And as for his father,what he did was shocking,using his sons death to promote his own record label.
I can't judge whether he was unfit for his 50 dates in London. I do not have factual information in front of me. But neither do we have factual information that he was unfit. Quite a number of performers prefer to be very lean when they are performing. Gymnasts for example diet like crazy when they do performances. He may also have been burning calories like crazy while he was doing his rehearsals.

I'm sure Michael Jackson would have been quite upset what his father did. They did not have a close relationship. He kept mostly in touch with his mother.
counterwow
i didn't listen his music Razz
liljp617
deanhills wrote:
truespeed wrote:

I can't judge whether he was unfit for his 50 dates in London. I do not have factual information in front of me. But neither do we have factual information that he was unfit. Quite a number of performers prefer to be very lean when they are performing. Gymnasts for example diet like crazy when they do performances. He may also have been burning calories like crazy while he was doing his rehearsals.

I'm sure Michael Jackson would have been quite upset what his father did. They did not have a close relationship. He kept mostly in touch with his mother.

Whether he could have completed his tour doesn't really matter, he was clearly both psychologically and physically ill. I don't see how one can argue against this...

He was not lean and fit or burning calories like crazy, he was a psychologically distressed individual who abused drugs and had a number of health issues.

(Not trying to focus on the negative or take away from his legacy, but I'm just not following how somebody could say he was a healthy individual even with the little information that's been given)
deanhills
liljp617 wrote:
Whether he could have completed his tour doesn't really matter, he was clearly both psychologically and physically ill. I don't see how one can argue against this...

He was not lean and fit or burning calories like crazy, he was a psychologically distressed individual who abused drugs and had a number of health issues.

(Not trying to focus on the negative or take away from his legacy, but I'm just not following how somebody could say he was a healthy individual even with the little information that's been given)
I wonder how many artists who are psychologically and physically ill still succeed to perform well. Michael Jackson has been like this for at least a decade or more. Yet when he was on stage he never disappointed. I really wish people can stop taking him apart like this and focus on his legacy, which was really good music and excellent performances. He also made very generous contributions to charities.
Afaceinthematrix
This really is starting to get annoying. Several days later, I am still hearing about him on the news nonstop! I hear about him everywhere... still.

First off, I didn't like his music - it wasn't that great. Yes he was a great dancer, but his music didn't display the same amount of talent.

Second off, he wasn't a very good person. So why is the entire world dedicating so much time honoring a dead man that wasn't a good person and pretty much killed himself?

We have more important things to worry about...

Note: I am not coming from this at a biased point-of-view. I am not saying that we shouldn't honor him just because I don't like his music. I am saying it because he wasn't a very good person and because we have far bigger issues to be dealing with than some '80s has-been. Why not worry about people that are alive and in the process of dying now? It's natural to mourn the dead but many people are going overboard (or have already fallen overboard and are drowning) with this situation.
liljp617
deanhills wrote:
liljp617 wrote:

I wonder how many artists who are psychologically and physically ill still succeed to perform well. Michael Jackson has been like this for at least a decade or more. Yet when he was on stage he never disappointed. I really wish people can stop taking him apart like this and focus on his legacy, which was really good music and excellent performances. He also made very generous contributions to charities.

At the level his multiple illnesses were at, probably not many artists, if any. I certainly can't think of any. I also don't think he was "like this" for a decade. The diseases he had can/do have increasingly severe effects as age increases. Eating disorders and drug abuse (whether they were taken because of pain or whatever seems irrelevant to me), as well, take a bigger toll on the body as it ages. I don't think these acknowledgments are very controversial. To me, they're pretty common medical knowledge.

Like I said, I'm not trying to take him apart, I just don't think it's correct to say the man was healthy. There seems to be a lot of factors that would imply he wasn't and not many to imply he was.
deanhills
liljp617 wrote:
deanhills wrote:
liljp617 wrote:

At the level his multiple illnesses were at, probably not many artists, if any. I certainly can't think of any. I also don't think he was "like this" for a decade. The diseases he had can/do have increasingly severe effects as age increases. Eating disorders and drug abuse (whether they were taken because of pain or whatever seems irrelevant to me), as well, take a bigger toll on the body as it ages. I don't think these acknowledgments are very controversial. To me, they're pretty common medical knowledge.

Like I said, I'm not trying to take him apart, I just don't think it's correct to say the man was healthy. There seems to be a lot of factors that would imply he wasn't and not many to imply he was.
Agreed. I was looking at one of his earlier videos, and even in his last shows of a few years back, he looked really frail, underweight. He has probably not been that healthy for a long time in a physical way, but perhaps his spirit was strong in performing. As he came across very dynamic and full of energy. Perhaps that was why he was needing all those pills. For the pain, as well as to rev him up for his shows and rehearsals. His heart just could not take it any more.
LimpFish
First, to me this is the most tragic death that could ever occur in the entertainment world, even more so because he was so young, his music, dancing and general performance spirit is unmatched.

Regarding his death, what I find to be the weirdest thing was that he was rehearsing for his shows 4 hours a day 6 days a week (or if it was six hours a day four times a week), and according to his fellow dancers he went at it with full energy, and though he looked frail, he for sure had no problems what so ever rehearsing that much, not even the day before his death. How could you be fit enough to dance for four hours straight one day, then die because youre "so frail and thin and never eat" like the media claims, the day after?
deanhills
LimpFish wrote:
How could you be fit enough to dance for four hours straight one day, then die because youre "so frail and thin and never eat" like the media claims, the day after?
Agreed. he had been preparing for quite a long while before his death, so if he had truly been as weak as claimed, he would not have made it through the first hour of his first rehearsal.
Vrythramax
deanhills wrote:
LimpFish wrote:
How could you be fit enough to dance for four hours straight one day, then die because youre "so frail and thin and never eat" like the media claims, the day after?
Agreed. he had been preparing for quite a long while before his death, so if he had truly been as weak as claimed, he would not have made it through the first hour of his first rehearsal.

Better living through chemistry? Elvis was over-weight and out of shape (he certainly wasn't going hungry however) and he still kept a very active schedule...and he was on some serious drugs at the time. Maybe MJ was doing something he shouldn't have been doing...but that couldn't be, him being a Internationally Acclaimed Role Model and all.
truespeed
Here is some rehearsal footage of Jackson taken 2 days before his death.

See footage

He seems healthy,but looks very thin,i just think the rigours of rehearsing for the tour (he hadn't toured for something like 10 years) coupled with the drugs and not eating properly ,caused his heart attack.
bchuminx
saddened by the news Sad it is the day where the world of pop goes silent..
MJ will definitely no doubt leave a stamp in the hearts of many people
a history maker Smile
missdixy
Yes, RIP the King of Pop. I do not listen to his music much or own his albums but I will always believe he was one of the most talented musicians out there.
bukaida
The king of Pop has gone forever. Hope finaly this lonely man has got peace at a distance well away from press and public eye.
deanhills
bukaida wrote:
The king of Pop has gone forever. Hope finaly this lonely man has got peace at a distance well away from press and public eye.
I can't imagine he was that lonely, as he had three children and was surrounded by a great number of staff. But yes, where he is he must be pretty relieved he does not have to deal with the media any longer.
PleoMaster
Michael Jackson was my idol as I was growing up, He should of been treated better than how he had been. He was a great talented singer. I was up for 7 hours listening to the news about this because it was not confirmed it was only a rumour at first he died and that he was in a deep coma.

Anyhow R.I.P Jackson youll never be forgotten.

He is more famous now than when he was alive =\
bukaida
His long term pal model Noami Campbell told the press that inspite of surrounded by many people, this man was extremely lonely for the past two-three years. His addiction to unauthorized medicines specifically painkillers may toll his life. He had five failed surgeries on his face and was preparing for a desparate comeback. Alas he didnot have that opportunity.
dickyzin
He was probably suffering from depression which made him feel lonely. Or it could be the other way round too. His daughter's speech at his memorial service was nice, short and touching. I can't imagine how devastating it will be for Michael's children. He wanted his children to see him perform on stage which they didn't get to. But life must go on. Death is one thing that's for certain and not even The King can escape. My condolences to Michael's remaining family.
deanhills
I was watching bits of Michael Jackson's Memorial, and thought it was really moving and sincere. My favourite presentation was by Brooke Shields, she obviously was a good friend of his, and it showed a different side of him. Music wise I thought John Mayer was excellent and stood out. The best of what had been presented. He did an electric guitar instrumental interpretation of Michael Jackson's "Human Nature". Stevie Wonder has a beautiful voice, but fumbled a little over his chords - I thought. The casket was quite amazing. Imagine a 24-carat gold casket. It looked very small.
dickyzin
Nice comments there deanhills. I have yet to see the full footage of Michael Jackson's Memorial. I have only seen a few highlights. Can't wait to see it tonight on TV.
LimpFish
When Michael's daughter came forward to say that he had been the best dad anyone could ever be, it was truly heartbreaking. Cannot have been a dry eye in all of Staples Center right then.. i had hard holdin the tears back even watchin it the day after on a blurry video clip on CNN
deanhills
LimpFish wrote:
When Michael's daughter came forward to say that he had been the best dad anyone could ever be, it was truly heartbreaking. Cannot have been a dry eye in all of Staples Center right then.. i had hard holdin the tears back even watchin it the day after on a blurry video clip on CNN
I particularly liked the relationship between her and her aunt Janet, which must have been close in the way Janet acted protective towards her on stage. I'm really sorry Michael Jackson did not make the shows in the UK. Wonder whether he had the rehearsals taped?
tingkagol
Yeah, it was heart-wrenching when his daughter spoke. A very short speech, maybe under a minute, and for the first time in years a tear popped out of my right eye. I mean, it literally jumped out of my eye! I laughed at myself afterwards. Michael must've been really a great dad. I feel bad for his kids. They are adorable, and it's too bad they lost a good father too soon.

deanhills wrote:
Music wise I thought John Mayer was excellent and stood out.

I agree. I especially liked it that he didn't sing. The band was a bit too "in your face" though- there were parts where I can barely hear his guitar.
truespeed
deanhills wrote:
LimpFish wrote:
I particularly liked the relationship between her and her aunt Janet, which must have been close in the way Janet acted protective towards her on stage. I'm really sorry Michael Jackson did not make the shows in the UK. Wonder whether he had the rehearsals taped?

there is apparently over 100 hours of rehearsal footage.

See sample
dickyzin
Anyone here believe that Michael Jackson's body was not in his coffin during the memorial? I think it may be true.
tingkagol
dickyzin wrote:
Anyone here believe that Michael Jackson's body was not in his coffin during the memorial? I think it may be true.

Whether he was or wasn't doesn't really matter.

It's funny how people obsess about stuff like these. There always has to be a conspiracy, a backstory to something as simple as a funeral. The only thing feeding the enthusiasm of conspiracy theorists is the fact that it's Michael Jackson's funeral.
deanhills
dickyzin wrote:
Strange that you should mention it. I was wondering about it in the back of my mind while I was watching the memorial. However, since the memorial was very personal with the whole family there, I can't imagine that he would not have been in the casket. Wouldn't make sense to me. I did pick up on the news this morning that the media does not know where the body is. A good guess could be that he is being autopsied by another forensic expert. Maybe the family do not want the media to fuss about this anymore so do not want to let the media know what is happening with the body when the final verdict is not available yet.
dickyzin
Heard on the news today that Michael Jackson's mother will get full custody of Michael's children. One thing I didn't understand in the news was that since Michael's ex-wife did not appeal (or something like that), she still has her maternity rights. Now that's just confusing. Can someone explain?
deanhills
dickyzin wrote:
Heard on the news today that Michael Jackson's mother will get full custody of Michael's children. One thing I didn't understand in the news was that since Michael's ex-wife did not appeal (or something like that), she still has her maternity rights. Now that's just confusing. Can someone explain?
Maybe there is nothing to explain. She is the biological mother, and she has interest in the welfare of her daughter, so basically she could never loose that. If she should feel her daughter is not well looked after or anything else in similar lines, she may wish to do something about it. I would imagine she would have some or other legal contract too, maybe it was drawn up at the time when she and Michael Jackson got married or during the divorce, and maybe it got extended.
Tphilakone
I just bought his dvd but Who is going to be a new king of pop ?
deanhills
Tphilakone wrote:
I just bought his dvd but Who is going to be a new king of pop ?
Maybe he is still King of Pop. They say he is likely to make much more money right now, perhaps his death elevated him even higher than before ... Smile
Beny
furtasacra wrote:
jgbex wrote:

He had gotten more than a little strange, but it's still pretty freaky to me that he's dead - he was only eight years older than me!

In case anybody is interested in reading about it:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/06/25/entertainment/main5114139.shtml?tag=stack&tag=breakingnews

You Might Die In 8 Years !!!! AHHHHHHHH

H.E.L.P

He might of caught swineflu you never know.
Beny
LimpFish wrote:

lol ive never heard her speak it was so heartbeaking.
Sad