FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Would you like to visit space? Where would you go?

Neilos

Me, I would like to go firstly into space to look at the Earth from up there. Then I'd like to go to the moon and play some ball games, maybe football (socker), it'd be so fun to be able to jump that high! IMAGINE THE FUN!!! lol

Neilos
natilovesmike
I think I would be too scared to go to space. I would like to go when the technology is completely reliable. But right now I enjoy just watching videos about it.
Neilos
lol very true. But imagine that the technology was there and you could go to space safely. Where would you go?

Alien planets? Risk getting eaten by massive plants? lol

Or skate on the rings of saturn?!

Neilos
ocalhoun
Well, first it would be very interesting to perform some physics experiments near a black hole...
After that, search for alien intelligence.
joostvane
I would like to visit another galaxy, very far away. I'd be interested in meeting new, maybe higher technological life forms somewhere else.
tennisniper
I would personally like to be able to do something like that explored in the movie, "The Astronaut Farmer." Being able to create your own vehicle to leave the atmosphere, while it would be scary, would be incredibly awesome. I know a lot of companies are exploring the business of flying in space, and wish I had the necessary background to be able to work with one. That'd put me into the position where I'd at least be able to get a seat on one, and maybe go into space at least once in my life! Very Happy
welshsteve
I would just like to maybe look back at the earth from something like 100,000-150,000 miles
pscompanies
I WANNA GO TO SATURN AND SEE THE RINGS Very Happy
desonium
Jeah I want to see the rings of saturnus too.
natilovesmike
I am not sure I would like to go to space. IT looks like it would be very uncomfortable...maybe if in the future they invent better and more comfortable ways to go I would. And if that happens, I am not sure where I would like to go...some planet far away and unknown. Although playing in the moon wouldn't be bad either.
lagoon
I would definately go to the Moon, with a rover, and drive around a bit.
joe_042293
I'd be happy to just get onto one of these civilian flights, like Virgin Galactic or Space X, and go high enough to see the curbvature of the Earth. That's probably the most realistic thing to aim for. I'm sure it will be more than enough to bring me to tears.
sum12nv
If i were to visit space i would try to find a parallel universe and find the copy of me.
maybe i'm not the real one maybe i'm the copy. i would try to find god if he/she exists.
i'd try to find aliens if there are any.
these are all because that these events willl never occur and i won't ever see the day that it does... i think.
ocalhoun
sum12nv wrote:
If i were to visit space i would try to find a parallel universe and find the copy of me.
maybe i'm not the real one maybe i'm the copy. i would try to find god if he/she exists.

Neither would be a 'copy', both would be real.
Though, I doubt you'll find a parallel universe just by traveling through space.
The_Pwner
I would so go to a distant universe!
sourojit
It isnt one place i will like to go.If Universe is open I would travel from places,planets to planets but knowing very well that my home is my sweet earth.
sigT
I'd go to a space-ship library to read Roger Penrose's Laws of the Universe. Smile
deanhills
My first trip would have to be to the Antarctic. That has always been a dream of mine. And also to stay in an Ice Hotel. Smile After that I can go into space. This question reminds me of Clint Eastwood's Space Cowboys, sort of remember Tommy Lee Jones ending up on the moon after some crazy adventure.

I don't want to go to a specific place in space. Would be nice to travel around and explore. After that I would like to travel through the core of earth, see if I dive in on one side, where I would end if I get out at the opposite side Smile
Jinx
I'd like to be part of a colony on a new planet. Earth is getting a little crowded for my tastes - I prefer a little more elbow room (yeah, me and Lazarus Long).
It would be so awesome to explore a whole new world, to know that you are the first human to ever lay eyes on THAT rock formation, THAT lake, THAT vaguely treelike organism.

Or, better yet, I'd love to have my own spaceship like Serenity, or the Millennium Falcon... maybe be a space trucker shuttling loads of ore from the asteroid belt mines, dodging space pirates, trying to make enough money to keep my ship spaceworthy.

Or maybe I could be a colonist on the Moon helping to fight for Lunar independence.

Take me out, to the black,
tell 'em I ain't commin' back...
Burn the land, boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.

--- Ballad of Serenity

(ok, so I'm a sci-fi junky...)

But the colony thing is feasible. If we find a habitable planet to aim for, all we have to do is haul an asteroid into Earth orbit, hollow it out and fit it with engines and a carefully constructed artificial biosphere and landing crafts. Populate it with two hundred carefully selected colonists, seeds and animal stocks for farming and all sorts of other gear. The grandchildren of the original colonists would probably be the ones to actually colonize the new world, but at least then we would know that humanity would continue even if something happened to this planet.
chatrack
Neilos wrote:

Me, I would like to go firstly into space to look at the Earth from up there. Then I'd like to go to the moon and play some ball games, maybe football (socker), it'd be so fun to be able to jump that high! IMAGINE THE FUN!!! lol

Neilos

TRY PLAYING FOOTBALL under Water as a trial !
SunD3R
You would rather see saturn's rings from here on Earth than up close because all the rings are, are rocks and ice. For me, i would probably just search for other intelligent life forms out there because I am certain that we are not alone. Black holes also fascinate me as do supernovas. I wish i could witness the latter in my lifetime Sad
SunD3R
SunD3R wrote:
You would rather see saturn's rings from here on Earth than up close because all the rings are, are rocks and ice. For me, i would probably just search for other intelligent life forms out there because I am certain that we are not alone. Black holes also fascinate me as do supernovas. I wish i could witness the latter in my lifetime Sad

oh yeah, and also listen to the "Final Countdown" song. Wink
Chinmoy
i love that song the final countdown..specially when the main part sets in..it is so exciting and enticing
Starrfoxx
I would love to go into Space. With our current technology, I would settle for the space station, moon, and the nearest planets of Mars and Venus.
jwright
I would surely like to go to the space with the most advanced and invented technology. an then I would like to go on the Moon obviously to see how does it look like at a very near distance. It is the most fifth largest satellite in the solar system which is the Earth's only natural satellite.
dhani
I would like to go the other galaxies...far away...
chatrack
I would go to see our satellites. I will calling my uncle (who is in other country) in mobile with only local charges! (since My mobile device can access there tower directly)
Poonam
Yeah i also want to go in space..i want to see moon nearer..
nam_siddharth
I will like to go on venus and see its red sky.
ChrisCh
As a poster mentioned above, I'd happily settle for a space flight with Virgin Galactic... Although I'm not sure it would be worth paying $200,000 per person for the short amount of time in "space" (about 8-13 minutes if I recall correctly)... you could go on so many holidays on Earth (or do so much else with that money)... having said that, any kind of space flight would be amazing though!
ChrisCh
granvals wrote:
Well for sure I am going to attend the local community college.SLCC.(Locally called Slick.)After that I am boping to transfer to a goog/cool Univer sity.I am not quite sure which ones are out there though...If I am lucky,I want to attend a good schoole in another country.I am still not suer what I want to major though! Embarassed

What does this have to do with the topic (space exploration)? ... Unless these universities are VERY far away Wink haha
lovescience
I would like to go there to figure out how can we make a solar system!
ato784
I would go to space, it would be fun i imagine, provided that nothing went wrong. at this point in time it is only realistic to go to the moon, and see the earth, unrealistically i think it would be neat to visit all the planets in our solar system, and Pluto.
rjraaz
if it is really will happened i want to go near BlackHole.
naweed
the best place to go in space for me is on mars. Mars because it is a planet nobody has visited before.
However it is too cold on mars for a human Crying or Very sad
shaggyfahad
yes i would love to. And it will be great if i can go anywhere breathable which is outside of our solar system.
dapopeyoh
I would really love to go into outer space. The first thing I would like to see is how the Earth looks like. Then I would like tio see the rings of Sartun. And also see how big Jupiter is. I would like to see all the planets in the universe. It would be fun.