FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Home Server

Asap170
Well I am working on setting up my home server. Right now I am using Apache... and I want PHP on it, but I can't seem to get it right.... and I need MySQL... So should I got with Xampp?

EDIT: Ops I think I posted this in the wrong spot. If I did admins or mods please move it to the right spot! My bad. I'll try not to do that again.
rockacola
WampServer is great for beginner and I use it for emulation purpose, which works awesomely.

www.wampserver.com/en/
Asap170
Well I went with Xampp installed got everything secured, but one tiny problem. I want Admin login only on the server. And like I want it redirect everyone to...localhost/xampp/splash.php I want it to go there. And then show a login... So yea...
welshsteve
For web server testing locally I have been using Web Developer Server Suite (http://www.devside.net/server/webdeveloper), although they appear to have removed the download link from their website these days, so it might be hard to find.
albuferque
For protecting your XAMPP you could use .htaccess files wich provide a way to make configuration changes on a per-directory basis. A file, containing one or more configuration directives, is placed in a particular document directory, and the directives apply to that directory, and all subdirectories thereof.

Check this link for details:
http://www.elated.com/articles/password-protecting-your-pages-with-htaccess/
grglaz
you can use also "easyphp",its free,just google it and download it