I'm about to purchase a Nokia 810 Internet Tablet for about $170.00. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N810
I hope to be able to accomplish/utilize the following:
- Fast Internet Browsing (WiFi) via the campus internet at the University where I teach.
- Word Processing (import and export) via Google Docs Online.
- FREE GPS navigation, if I download my own maps.
- MP3 Player, for use with the miniSD card port ~8GB of music suits me fine.
- PDA style notifications, reminders of things I have to do.
- Video Chat
- Paid VOIP (Voice Over IP Phone Calling) - Call Quality is NOT my concern.
- Skype (free w/o calling).
- Touch Screen is a must.
- Keyboard is a must.
- Development of Linux Apps for maemo, in my spare time (God knows if I'll be able to accomplish anything, but I'll give it a shot).
Anyone have one of these? Does it work well? Will I be able to do the majority of the things above?
What would you pay?
Is there a better device?
... Frihosters save me yet again ...
Yeesh, no opinions?! Must not be a popular device. Thanks anyways, frihosters.
N800 + 2GB card + HW keyboard + GPS Receiver + Car Holder + Travel Charger = N810
yeah, it sounds good, but for that price I'd go for a netbook.
If it suits you i would go for it, myself, i only need my Nokia 6500c and an iPod i usually have a pen and notepad if there is anything i need to write down, so i can't give much of an opinion on those apects, all i know is that in Australia your looking at paying about 400-600 AUD for one.
It is your good decision to buy Nokia 810. because this phone has amazing features and it also best for using Skype. the price are also very decent.
topic is for 4 years ago ! now N810 is nothing comparable to these days tablet and the price ! would you buy a N810 for 170$ today ?!!