FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are you travelling this summer - which destination?

deanhills
I'm trying to figure out where to go for this summer. Are you travelling anywhere, what is your destination? Smile
fx-trading-education
France and Norway will be the destinations for this summer
facebookturkey
no and im afraid Confused
bigt
deanhills wrote:
I'm trying to figure out where to go for this summer. Are you travelling anywhere, what is your destination? Smile

I'm doing some business traveling to Washington, D.C. and Dallas/Irving, TX and the family is going camping in the mountains. I'm looking forward to all of these trips, but I think my favorite is going to be the camping.
Afaceinthematrix
Yes. I am going on two short trips this summer. My first trip will be a 8 day-75 mile backpacking/trekking trip in Yellowstone in the central U.S. My second trip will be another week long-60 mile trekking/back packing trip in the Sierra Nevada mountains in Northern California.
deanhills
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
Yes. I am going on two short trips this summer. My first trip will be a 8 day-75 mile backpacking/trekking trip in Yellowstone in the central U.S. My second trip will be another week long-60 mile trekking/back packing trip in the Sierra Nevada mountains in Northern California.
Sounds awesome. Imagine when you get back from there that you take on life will be completely different Smile
Georgeboy
There are a lot of countries that I would like to visit this summer. Great Britain, Germany, Norway, France... But I think that my budget will not be great enough to cover all my plans...
TomS
Georgeboy wrote:
There are a lot of countries that I would like to visit this summer. Great Britain, Germany, Norway, France... But I think that my budget will not be great enough to cover all my plans...

ALL your plans? Laughing

I'd be glad if I could go to one destination. Well not germany, because I'm already there Very Happy

I won't get out of the country this year. Only a bit biking and hiking in the alps. Fair enough. Great activities in a great area for almost no money Smile
Afaceinthematrix
deanhills wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
Sounds awesome. Imagine when you get back from there that you take on life will be completely different :)

Well I have been backpacking (some people call it "trekking") all over since I was 11. I've gone on these types of trips every summer (as a kid with my dad and I still, as an adult, go on some trips with him) and it isn't so much the trip that changes you perspective on life (after the first couple of trips, you get used to being miles and miles into the wilderness away from all civilization and technology relying on just your feet to and head to get you back); it's the place that changes your perspective on life. Every place you go has different animals, geographical features, etc. And if you're in another country then you of course bring back the experience of being in a another country.
deanhills
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
Sounds awesome. Imagine when you get back from there that you take on life will be completely different Smile

Well I have been backpacking (some people call it "trekking") all over since I was 11. I've gone on these types of trips every summer (as a kid with my dad and I still, as an adult, go on some trips with him) and it isn't so much the trip that changes you perspective on life (after the first couple of trips, you get used to being miles and miles into the wilderness away from all civilization and technology relying on just your feet to and head to get you back); it's the place that changes your perspective on life. Every place you go has different animals, geographical features, etc. And if you're in another country then you of course bring back the experience of being in a another country.
Have you done any mountaineering, as that sounds almost like a logical extension of what you are doing?
Afaceinthematrix
^^Mildly. I have done mild mountaineering but nothing too extreme like Mt. Everest (although I would love to do it someday). I've also done canoeing/camping trips (one trip into the forests of Canada being my favorite), climbing, etc. I love outdoor trips. Hell, I like being out in forests more than being in the comfort of a city sometimes (although I do love civilization mostly because of the increased life expectancy that it's brought us along with many other scientific discoveries).
deanhills
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
^^Mildly. I have done mild mountaineering but nothing too extreme like Mt. Everest (although I would love to do it someday). I've also done canoeing/camping trips (one trip into the forests of Canada being my favorite), climbing, etc. I love outdoor trips. Hell, I like being out in forests more than being in the comfort of a city sometimes (although I do love civilization mostly because of the increased life expectancy that it's brought us along with many other scientific discoveries).
Outdoors is great, one sometimes wonders how civilized civilization really is as sometimes it feels like a concrete jungle. Smile
wellerchap
Just one week for me, in the picturesque fishing port of Padstow, in Cornwall England....our family is booking a cottage for the week, so it should be good!
deanhills
wellerchap wrote:
Just one week for me, in the picturesque fishing port of Padstow, in Cornwall England....our family is booking a cottage for the week, so it should be good!
At first glance it almost looked like St. Peter Port in Guernsey! Awesome photo! Smile
ciureanuc
I hope will go to Hamburg, Germany.
And the seaside of my country...

May I give you a link of other destinations?
http://www.patrimoniuromanesc.ro/
bapmedclinic
I'm traveling to France and Italy this summer to sing as a part of an A Cappella Choir. We will do concerts in Chartres, Paris, Florence, Tuscanny, Rome, and Assisi. Then i will be traveling to Malawi, Africa to volunteer in a medical clinic there. I will be tending to some sick children and then teaching english in a local school there.
deanhills
bapmedclinic wrote:
I'm traveling to France and Italy this summer to sing as a part of an A Cappella Choir. We will do concerts in Chartres, Paris, Florence, Tuscanny, Rome, and Assisi. Then i will be traveling to Malawi, Africa to volunteer in a medical clinic there. I will be tending to some sick children and then teaching english in a local school there.
That sounds wonderful. I've heard some of the choir pieces many years ago. France and Italy must be a dream for you come true. I've only heard good things about Malawi people, but also that they are of the poorest in the world. What will you be doing in the medical clinic?
joostvane
I just returned from a 3 day citytrip to Paris. We got there by car so I got a good look outside of the city aswell.

I can say France is a wonderful cuontry, amazing sights across the road (we didn't take the freeway on purpose, stayed on the smaller roads), friendly people. Paris is a very big, bussy city. It has a lot of monuments. I recommend the Notre-Dame, the Eiffel Tower ofcourse, Montmartre (very cool place to have lunch), walk down the Champs-Elysées onto the Arch De Triomphe.

There is much to do in Paris, the Eiffel Tower is very cool at night, when all the lights are on. Every hour there come up some extra lights that makes it even more beautiful. Every time the lights go on, the crowd cheers & all the cameras start flashing. Paris also has a metro, so you can go anywhere. I recommend buying a 3 day travel card, wich gives you unlimited access. It will save you some soar feet =)

Some negative points about the city is that it is extremely expensive (with the 4 of us, a limonade and 3 beers costed about 27 EURO at some places at the centre). We also saw a stoned guy and some drunk agressive people in the metro at night, so I recommend not to get into trouble, stay out of dark alleys, blabla, as in every city.

For everyone that is looking for a city trip from Germany, Belgium, UK, even France, or something more far away (lots of Americans there), I certainly recommend it.
traxion
joostvane wrote:
I just returned from a 3 day citytrip to Paris. We got there by car so I got a good look outside of the city aswell.

i'm also going on holiday in viva la France

im going over a few weeks and i will stay 2 or 3 weeks ( depends on the weather )
joostvane
traxion wrote:
im going over a few weeks and i will stay 2 or 3 weeks ( depends on the weather )

Where exactly? Are you going on hotel or touring around Paris? Remember to bring some champagne from Rheims Wink If you want, I can give you a good address where it is about 11 EUR a bottle for champagne!
Donutey
Going from central Illinois to central Texas, on an almost exactly 1000 mile train trip. Not as exciting as foreign travel, but it's still pretty cool since you get to see a lot of the country.
Dean_The_Great
I've lived this summer in Japan, and it's been amazing, and now I'm travelling to Australia, and I'm really excited about it!!
pelatros
This january in my holiday my and my girl friend are palning to go to Bratislava and Wien. Because they are the one capital cities which is very very close to border of the countries.. But i dont know so much about them i read alot about them to get info.. Smile)
mikeperhem1
I would love to go panama beach city as there are beautiful beaches and best shopping malls.
mikeperhem1
I would love to travel Florida as there are beaches .
mikeperhem1
It depends on the interest of the person, but according to me Vegas, California and Florida is the busy state to visit in the US. All these states are very beautiful and lots of people come there every year to spend their holidays. Florida is the best sate for summer vacation as there are beautiful and exotic beaches that attracts the tourists. All the facilities provided there is fantastic.
mikeperhem1
This summer im travelling to panama city beach as there are beaches and best shopping malls.
jackbreat
In summer vacation I have decide to go Alabama ,where are more attractive beaches,resort are available.Their also well accommodation room and restaurants are available.