FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MP4 Watch With 1.8 Inch LCD - 8GB Excalibur Steel Edition

ato784
this is a really cool watch and...I bought it!!

This all-metal multimedia digital watch with large display is simply an amazing timepiece, featuring many functions you don't see on other media products.

When you think of a quality digital timepiece, what do you think of? Quality construction with stainless steel parts and reliable time keeping, right? How about if we add to that the ability to play digital media files, a still and video camera, and the ability to store and transport files like a standard USB flask disk? Would that be even better? Well then, here it is, this watch is all that in spades! And it looks good too!!

http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/mp4-watch-with-18-inch-lcd-8gb-excalibur-steel-edition/
Donutey
That watch is enormous Rolling Eyes. If you have a recent cell phone I'm not sure what the point of having this would be.
Jean-Clod
Wow that's something x) Looks great, as you have it, is it heavy? And outdoor is the screen brightness good enough? As Donutey said, if you already have a recent (smart-) phone, you already have all these functionalities included, I don't know, maybe this gadget could be really practical, I don't really now when you could use it Surprised
ato784
Yes, the watch is rather heavy, but I always wear heavy watches so it does not bother me... as for the brightness it is good and is easily seen outside, well if you are not watching a dark movie etc. it is pratical since you do not have to hold it Exclamation Also, I can wear it in class and it will not be confiscated, unlike (smart-) Phones. Wink

and if you don't have pockets or long headphone cords, it is also good Smile, since it is right there
weableandbob
You look a bit odd wearing it Wink
ato784
also the person that models it in the photo's has smaller wrists than me and it is not really as huge as it appears to be. I figure they got the smallest person to model it so that it would look bigger. (smart huh Wink )
weableandbob
I've heard that those are:
1. Too big
2. Drop Calls
3. MP4 quality is horrible
4. Kind of cheaply made

Have fun with it though Very Happy
digitalhaze
That's huge Shocked
ato784
weableandbob wrote:
I've heard that those are:
1. Too big
2. Drop Calls
3. MP4 quality is horrible
4. Kind of cheaply made

Have fun with it though Very Happy

Actually, the watch is not too big. it does not take calls...being a watch and not a watch-phone. and also I was not planning on watching videos on the actual watch, although it does have pretty good recording quality, and it is not cheaply made at all and is really sturdy feeling.
ato784
An update,

The watch is still working really well, and i mainly use it to listen to music now. It is great for that since it is always on my wrist.