FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Old Time Radio

ato784
I don't know if this is the right topic, but here is a good OTR show

Speed Gibson

this is a really good show i was suprised that i enjoyed it so much. It is much more orginal than anything today

here is a download link

http://www.otrfan.com/otr/sg/speed_gibson.html
spinout
old time radio - in 1977 I was listening to radio Luxemburg and the just got the news - Elvis is dead!

That is one of my memories of old time radio.
ato784
well that is a rather sad memory of OTR
ato784
does anyone else have memories of OTR?
SonLight
I like many of the old radio shows. Speed Gibson was on long before my time, and I never ran across an epidode of it before. I used to listen to a couple of old reruns as a kid, "Danger with Granger" and "The Haunting Hour".

Mercury theater, hosted by Orson Welles, produced "War of the Worlds" in for a Halloween scare in 1938. Unforturnately for Mr. Welles, the program was so realistic that many people panicked. I heard a rebroadcast of that on the radio. It was kind of humorous how often they interrupted the program to announce this was "only a fictional radio show".
ato784
I heard of that scare, funny isn't it?

has anyone heard of "I was a Communist for the FBI" I was listening to some of the episodes and it seems kind of silly today, saying that communism is such a big threat.

Edit:

I did listen to the show for a while, and after listening to about 20 ep's I do not recommend it since the way the main character gets away with things is just stupid. It makes it seem like the FBI is stupid or something and frankly, I think that they are better than that and also no one is that lucky.
ato784
I do recommend that you listen to chandu the magician, it is similar to Speed Gibson, and is rather silly at times, because of how stupid everyone is compared to chandu. the redeeming quality is Chandu himself.

Also i am talking about the serial version of it and not the longer 30 minute versons that are not a part of the series.
gverutes
never heard of it before this thread!@